• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

No internet after windows upgrade on sony vaio

Zoli

I guess I have a real challenge for you this time. The last time I tried to upgrade my windows 8 to windows 8.1. I was not able to download anything from the internet.... As I tried to reformat my computer and reinstall windows it did not let me. I had to use one of the Sony Vaiogate apps to do this. Nevertheless I spent 2 days rebuilding my computer. In the end I managed it but I turned off all upgrades (because if I upgrade it sees my home wifi router, it connects to the internet, but the browser does not see it and I am unable to use the internet.). My computer has been running without any kind of upgrades (except for the anti-virus software) for about a year now. How can I then upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 if my computer is not able to get connected to the internet again after the first upgrade? Can I get a windows 10 installation DVD if I send you my windows 8 registration number? Do you have any kind of solution to this problem? Thank you.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8

Ztruker

VIP Member
Guru

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number
    Lenovo IdeaCenter K450
    CPU
    Intel Quad Core i7-4770 @ 3.4Ghz
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Integrated HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HP h2207
    Screen Resolution
    [email protected]
    Hard Drives
    250GB Samsung EVO SATA-3 SSD;
    2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 SATA-2;
    1.5TB Seagate ST3150041AS SATA
    PSU
    500W
    Keyboard
    Wired USB
    Mouse
    Wired USB
    Internet Speed
    3GB Up, 30GB Down
    Browser
    SeaMonkey
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender; MBAM Pro
    Other Info
    UEFI/GPT
    PLDS DVD-RW DH16AERSH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)