What's new

Solved Music Apps seem to play tracks in WRONG order

jimbo45

New Member
VIP Member
Guru
Hi there

Any Audio gurus out there

I seem to have some Audio files that whatever I do seem always to play in the order 1,10, 11...2,20,21... etc instead of 1,2,3,.. etc

Any idea what I'm doing wrong. Seems to be the SORT function in Windows is telling Lies !!!

I've got the file names in the correct sequence -- it only happens on a few albums bit it's mega annoying since if I'm playing an Audiobook in a Car I obviously want the tracks to be in the CORRECT sequence.

Here's an example of what a music app shows the order - and from MP3Vtag you can see the filenames are in the correct sequence.

Any ideas (note the music app for playing these can be any - same problem).

Cheers
jimbo
 

Attachments

  • musicapp.png
    musicapp.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 13
  • musicapp2.png
    musicapp2.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 24

My Computer

System One

  • OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
    Country Flag
    Iceland

adamf

Banned

My Computer

System One

  • OS
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64
    Name
    adam
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    MacBook Pro Core2Duo
    CPU
    T7600
    Memory
    3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon X1600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Internal
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 800
    Hard Drives
    40GB
    Keyboard
    Apple
    Mouse
    Apple
    Internet Speed
    Varies
    Browser
    Various
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Country Flag
    France

jimbo45

New Member
VIP Member
Guru
Just a guess but it looks like you need to pad the track <= 9 with a zero. I'm stumped [Archive] - Squeezebox : Community : Forums

Your filenames look correct but what about the metadata?


Hi there

You actually put me on to the right idea - there was also some unprintable character in the names too - this hosed up the sort -- I've fixed the metadata too.

I had some Icelandic characters which didn't display properly when creating the files -- that's sometimes a problem when using different charactersets.

Thanks for the tip.

Interesting too about the Windows SORT using a "natural" sort -- I'm against these sort of "auto corrections" as if anything DOES go wrong it's almost impossible to find -- you assume the thing works how it's SUPPOSED to work rather than how they've "modded" it - even though for 95% of cases it *might* be simpler to alter it in the way Ms has done it.

Cheers
jimbo
 

My Computer

System One

  • OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
    Country Flag
    Iceland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top