• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MS account email always ends up in upper case

sukle

Hi,

Ever since I've linked my MS and Skype account, my email is now always "seen" as [email protected] LIVE.COM.
Even my Windows Phone when I sign in with MS account, it gets recognized as @LIVE.COM at the end.

It's slightly annoying, I've checked all my settings on the web/computer/phone.. Nothing does the trick. I do sign in with lowercase email, but it somehow gets changed to uppercase LIVE.COM on it's own.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

This is a screenshot of switching local account to MS. Note that name before LIVE.COM is in lowercase, and I did sign in with all lower case email.

imgur: the simple image sharer

I've also asked on Microsoft answers webpage, but they have no idea what I'm talking about :(

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro x64, and Nokia Lumia 930 (Cyan).

Any kind of tip is greatly appreciated.

Edit: add a space after @ in email to break the link.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

Berton

Power User
Forever West

Sounds like it's just a simple advertising gimmick, draws more attention to live.com.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WinVista, Win7, Win8.1, Win10, Mac OS X 10.10, Linux Mint 17.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2 Customs and 3 OEM/Brands
    CPU
    AMD and Intel

sukle

It does really look like it. Like I said, it's slightly annoying, especially the part about sending emails - the sender's mail ends with upper case live.com.

I have no idea to whom can I turn to about his problem. Guess I'm back to spamming MS forums.

Thanks.

Regards

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)