Microsoft wants you to forget Windows 8

Computerworld - As talk of the next Windows begins to build and some details of what most are calling for now either Windows 9 or Threshold come into focus, it's worthwhile to take a moment to remember Windows 8.

Because Microsoft will want everyone to forget it. And we will.
Unless the Redmond, Wash. technology company radically changes its habits, it will throw Windows 8 down a memory hole even before the successor ships. Just like it made Vista persona non grata in its official messaging in 2009, it will shove Windows 8 so far into the background that we'll need the Hubble telescope to find it.
More

Well, piracy is more than about money. Its also what you believe in, you cant trust the poeple - they are the worst, they never know their limits or when to stop, so you must have a way to check their products, to have to know if their will to make a good product is as strong as their greed. Its like the batman - its not about the law or other nonsense things, its about keeping your life simple and doing what you have to do. In this rotten world, piracy is actually one of the very few pure things that is left, because all the wars, politics, religions, and billions of other corrupted and messed things is not worth living for. This madness has gone too far, and we need the batman. Or joker, or nuclear war, whatever, just to stop it.

*me wants the world to forget about my moneyz until at least these retards finish the school*

On a lighter note:... Someone call the Joker?...

2va1e6t.jpg

That may mean sell personal info (Skype calls etc) to the NSA to cover the cost of Windows 9...

(Hell even Google are in bed with the NSA - SE Linux the basis for future Android systems? )

- anyway getting off topic..moving swiftly along...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    PC-DOS v1.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    IBM
    CPU
    Intel 8088, 4.77MHz
    Memory
    16K, 640K max
    Graphics Card(s)
    What's that?
    Sound Card
    Not quite
    Screen Resolution
    80 X 24 text
    Hard Drives
    dual 160KB 5.25-inch disk drives
Well, piracy is more than about money. Its also what you believe in, you cant trust the poeple - they are the worst, they never know their limits or when to stop, so you must have a way to check their products, to have to know if their will to make a good product is as strong as their greed. Its like the batman - its not about the law or other nonsense things, its about keeping your life simple and doing what you have to do. In this rotten world, piracy is actually one of the very few pure things that is left, because all the wars, politics, religions, and billions of other corrupted and messed things is not worth living for. This madness has gone too far, and we need the batman. Or joker, or nuclear war, whatever, just to stop it.

*me wants the world to forget about my moneyz until at least these retards finish the school*

On a lighter note:... Someone call the Joker?...

2va1e6t.jpg

That may mean sell personal info (Skype calls etc) to the NSA to cover the cost of Windows 9...

(Hell even Google are in bed with the NSA - SE Linux the basis for future Android systems? )

- anyway getting off topic..moving swiftly along...
You mean that IT has become Hollywood, everybody sleeping with everybody ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD

My Computer

System One

• OS
    PC-DOS v1.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    IBM
    CPU
    Intel 8088, 4.77MHz
    Memory
    16K, 640K max
    Graphics Card(s)
    What's that?
    Sound Card
    Not quite
    Screen Resolution
    80 X 24 text
    Hard Drives
    dual 160KB 5.25-inch disk drives
Yes, remember those ones but also almost real war between Canada and France about fishing rights around northern Canada and a French owned island at the entrance of St Lawrence, there were armed blockades and a lot of ugly stuff.

I think I know that one:shock:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMCE
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monster Rig
    CPU
    Intel® 4th Generation Core™ 4770K Unlocked Quad Core
    Motherboard
    ASUS Z87 A ATX LGA1150
    Memory
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS GeForce GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 941MHZ 3GB 6.0GHZ
    Sound Card
    Realtek Azalia ALC-892
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung SyncMaster SA850
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Solid-State,
    Samsung 840 Evo Series 250GB Solid-State Hard Drive,
    Western Digital Caviar Black 2x 1TB 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB
    PSU
    Corsair Gold fully Modular 80 Plus 850
    Case
    Coolermaster Half X Full Tower
    Cooling
    Thermaltake CPU Cooler CLP0556
    Keyboard
    Logitech K800
    Mouse
    Roccat Savu Wired
    Internet Speed
    30 MB
    Browser
    Firefox 31
    Antivirus
    NOD 7
    Other Info
    My fridge has a water tap
    My cat is schizophrenic
    I have a craving for new drivers
Well, to be honest there never was a normal life on earth - before now, there was a bunch of crazy monkeys killing each other, and now there is a bunch of modern monkeys killing each other and trying to control each other, to spy on each other, life was just a game from the beginning, and even if you want to live a normal life, you cant, not unless you will find a way to teleport to another universe.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7 x64
Well, to be honest there never was a normal life on earth - before now, there was a bunch of crazy monkeys killing each other, and now there is a bunch of modern monkeys killing each other and trying to control each other, to spy on each other, life was just a game from the beginning, and even if you want to live a normal life, you cant, not unless you will find a way to teleport to another universe.
All that makes life "Normal" anything else is idealistic. We are still waiting for ideal Windows, let alone world.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Hi there

at least on THIS Forum we can Post ripostes to other members comments -- and we are still able to communicate with those who have contrary views to others. Maybe there is hope after all.

BTW Gun Ownership in ICELAND is HIGHER than in a lot of the USA - even in states like Texas -- yet violent crime especially things like Murder are virtually unknown - yet the history of Iceland suggests that the original settlers were amongst (at the time) the most barbaric people on the planet. Yet this small Island had the worlds first really democratic parliament (Thingvallir)

THINGVELLIR ICELAND'S MOST SACRED SITE and Gay and women's rights have been established in the constitution so far back that it's not even an issue any more whichever political parties contest the elections.

Anyway enough politics -- just to say even tiny countries can have a decent input to modern day problems. We don't always need the HUGE countries to provide the answer. (Actually Ms is probably one of the world's best employers too -- whatever you personally might think of the latest version of Windows- and firing 20,000 or more people would have I believe really HURT Bill gates.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Look, in Serbia there's more guns (serious ones too) than people, for last 600 years, there was no generation not involved in some war, yet there's 10 times less murders than in "Toronto the good" as they call it in USA. Got me first gun for 7th birthday, and had them ever since. In Canada I collected them, was safety officer for a gun club for years and newer got close to hurting anyone, accidentally or on purpose. Had fisticufs with a handgun on me and never pulled it out. Only time I used a gun in anger was in the navy, dual Browning fifties, Had a run in with some smugglers on the patrol boat, got wounded and still did not kill anybody but sunk the boat under the. All I got for that was reprimand because of engendering boat and crew but I'm still proud I didn't kill anybody. So it's not guns but people that are guilty, I don't even hunt.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Yeah, guns killing people are like accidental sex :D The amazingly tacky, animatronic tiki lounge | Sex is no Accident (Sex is no accident. Always use a condom MTV ad) But still people are retarded, guns are made to kill, that is the truth (or to scratch your balls, have you tried it, with electroshock ?), but when war is coming, no one has balls to use their rockets or nuclear weapons... So its like its ok to kill an innocent men everyday around the world, but when actually needed to stop the terorists, looks like nuclear weapon was made just to "increase" their e-penis, as no one has balls to use it for good actions. But it still exists, you know, so its only a matter of when bad people will steal it and use it for bad things.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7 x64
Yeah, guns killing people are like accidental sex :D The amazingly tacky, animatronic tiki lounge | Sex is no Accident (Sex is no accident. Always use a condom MTV ad) But still people are retarded, guns are made to kill, that is the truth (or to scratch your balls, have you tried it, with electroshock ?), but when war is coming, no one has balls to use their rockets or nuclear weapons... So its like its ok to kill an innocent men everyday around the world, but when actually needed to stop the terorists, looks like nuclear weapon was made just to "increase" their e-penis, as no one has balls to use it for good actions. But it still exists, you know, so its only a matter of when bad people will steal it and use it for bad things.
Niah, guns are machines for making hole at distance, what you make holes in, is what makes difference. People killed an tried to annihilate each other much longer than guns existed and will continue to do so even without any guns if they all disappeared right now. It's humans that have to change, not their tools. What's first thing people would try to do if they found Bigfoot, shoot him and than see what or who it is. "What's that funny looking fish, let's kill it and check it, oops, it was the last one in existence", that really happened.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Getting back to the idea of a Windows 7 user "trying 9" and "easily going back" if W7 is preferable.. has anyone tried imaging an MBR system using something like Macrium Reflect, installing a GPT based OS, then just restoring the image to get a working MBR based system again?

I have no clue if it's simple. That's why I ask. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.0 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba Satelite C55D-A Laptop
    CPU
    AMD EI 1200
    Memory
    4 gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Raedon 340 MB dedicated Ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built in
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    640 GB (spinner) Sata II
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touch pad
Getting back to the idea of a Windows 7 user "trying 9" and "easily going back" if W7 is preferable.. has anyone tried imaging an MBR system using something like Macrium Reflect, installing a GPT based OS, then just restoring the image to get a working MBR based system again?

I have no clue if it's simple. That's why I ask. :)
Should make no difference if whole disk was backed up, not system only.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
That makes sense.
b0212.gif

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.0 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    AMD EI 1200
    Memory
    4 gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built in
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    640 GB (spinner) Sata II
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touch pad
I will tray any OS but on another HDD or in VM, never again in dual boot. Didn't have a spare HDD, installed Win8 beta in dual boot and was promptly rewarded with total annihilation of the system.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Yeah, the GPT and UEFI stuff is a threshold. So I hope W9 has some of the best W7 stuff like Good Glass etc..

It would be nice to see a mind meld of giant drive support and nice visuals/glass.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.0 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    AMD EI 1200
    Memory
    4 gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built in
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    640 GB (spinner) Sata II
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touch pad
Hi there

You have to restore a GPT partition to a GPT HDD or an MBR partition to an MBR formatted drive. If you want to restore an MBR partition to a GPT drive then you'll lose data as the HDD needs to be re-formatted in MBR mode. It IS possible to convert an MBR HDD to GPT without losing data but not the other way around - Learn to Convert MBR Hard Disk to GPT without Data Loss through Powerful Software.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
If nothing else one of those sector by sector disk clone utilities should do it if booted from its own media and the entire physical drive is saved. At least I can't think why it wouldn't. (Only talking destructive overwrite of entire drive on restore here.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.0 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    AMD EI 1200
    Memory
    4 gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built in
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    640 GB (spinner) Sata II
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touch pad
HA! I started online with WebTV. :eek: Then was given an old Packard Bell (Pentium 166) with Win 95. Got a copy of 96SE and put that on it. Had some guy work on my computer and when it came back it had ME on it. Yikes! I hated ME, put 98SE back in it. Then I bought a 'build' and a legal copy of XP Pro. It was a shock for me moving to 8. Was none to pleased that when I first turned it on, I had to create a Microsoft ID. 2nd thing I did was hit Google and found a way to get the desktop/start menu back. Still feeling my way around 8 (8.1) and getting a bit better day by day.

As for any 'upgrade' to Win9, I'll take a wait and see attitude.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP h8 envy 1534
    CPU
    AMD FX-6200 (3.8GHz)
    Motherboard
    M3970AM-HP (Angelica2) (Gigabyte)
    Memory
    10GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Eyefinity Radeon HD 7570
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Kaskersky Internet Security 2016

Or it could be the fact that piracy is digital theft... ;)

Not that I'm saying one way or another.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Ugh....

I think my new motto should be, "Windows development builds forever or GTFO!"

After the whole Windows 8 Developer Preview to 8.1.1 RTM, it's exhausting especially when you run those builds as your main OS for six months, clean install a new preview build, rinse and repeat. I think I've actually now ran Windows 8.1 Pro for almost 8 months now on my SSD.

Windows 9, YAY! :sleepy: (I say that a tad weary...)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Back