Microsoft Store tile not working

Since this is the RTM version and since this is a Microsoft forum, you would kinda expect someone who is moderating the forums to be in close contact with Microsoft (in some way, shape or form), and find out what it going on with this product....

This isn't a Microsoft forum, it is an enthusiast forum for Windows 8 where USERS of Windows 8 try to help others. If you want to throw your demands and attitude around then do it here: Windows - Microsoft Answers. However, I'm sure you will find that there is no support from Microsoft for Windows 8 until official release in October. If the company you work for has a EULA with Microsoft then that is your best bet as you'll be able to open a ticket with Microsoft directly.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7, Windows 8 RP
You act like this is a wide spread problem? I'm not sure it is, it sounds like its just a glitch from doing the upgrade. If Brink had a magic answer don't you think he would have posted it? We all try to do the best we can to help someone, sometimes the answer isn't something someone wants to hear. Thats life. Its impossible to test every scenario, and every combination of installed apps and programs, for an upgrade scenario. Plus, the DP, CP, and RP are test builds with faults in them. Not something I personally would want to upgrade from. It sucks that you are having problems but don't take it out on us. Also just let me state that this post was not meant to be condescending or an attempt to flame you. I'm just trying to explain things the way I see them without making things any worse. ;) :)

I mean no disrespect to anybody. However, it is a widespread problem. I see these kinds of posts all over the net doing searches on Google & Bing and people can't get their Metro tiles to work correctly.

The version I have is not a test build. I have the full-blown RTM version. It just so happens that since I'm a developer and my company uses Microsoft products, I can download these items for my home use as well from MSDN.

Since this is the RTM version and since this is a Microsoft forum, you would kinda expect someone who is moderating the forums to be in close contact with Microsoft (in some way, shape or form), and find out what it going on with this product....

This is a Windows 8 forum but as far as i know, its not a Microsoft forum. I'll let Brink confirm it but to my knowledge its not owned buy or run by Microsoft.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Education 64 Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUS M4N68T-M V2 µATX Motherboard
    Memory
    8GB 4GBx2 Kingston PC10600 DDR3 1333 Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA Geforce GT640 2 Gig DDR3 PCIe
    Sound Card
    VIA VT1708s High Definition Audio 8-channel Onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    22" LG E2242 1080p and 2 19" I-INC AG191D
    Screen Resolution
    1280x1024 - 1920x1080 - 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD and 500 GB WD Blue SATA
    PSU
    Thermaltake TR 620
    Case
    Power Up Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
    Cooling
    Stock heatsink fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K350 Wave
    Mouse
    Logitech M570 Trackball and T650 TouchPad
    Internet Speed
    80 Mbps Down 30 Mbps Up
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HP DVD1040e Lightscribe - External USB2
I installed Win8 on 2 different laptops and 1 experienced problems where the store app and other pre-installed apps (mail, calendar etc) would launch, hang and then do nothing but sit in standby mode at LH side of screen. The apps I had installed earlier from the store all launched fine and worked as intended. The older laptop which I use for testing did not experience any problems at all and it drove me crazy trying to work out the problem.

The solution for me was to uninstall the AV program (Avast) that was already there when I upgraded. By keeping all applications & data from Win 7 at time of upgrade, I had forgotten about the AV.

I expect there was a conflict with the built in AV (Essentials/Defender) in Win 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windoiws 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus A7S
Back