Solved Microsoft Picture it

I have used Picture It for years and love it! It was free once in a package of labels I bought. Three years ago when my Windows XP died, and I had to move up to Windows 8, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use Picture It anymore. Somehow I got it to work and use it daily. Since computers never seem to last me more than a few years, I am already trying to make a plan for when I have to get a new one and am faced with Windows 10. Anyone know if Picture It works on that? While I know there are many photo editing programs, and I use PicMonkey a lot, I use Picture It to alter text. I have an Etsy business and can open a photo saved as a png in Picture It and alter the text on the labels I sell for each customer. Not sure how to do this with any other program. It takes me 2 minutes to open my saved Png file, alter the name and date, save it as a JPG, and turn it into a Pdf for my customers. How else can I do this if I have to eventually upgrade to Windows 10 and can't get Microsoft Picture It to work!?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Picture It Windows 10

This is an old thread but my experience may help someone else. Yes, Picture It Express V7 runs on Windows 10! I am using Win 10 Pro but I don't imagine that makes a difference. Simply select Compatibility Mode, save the setting, and then run as administrator. I think this will work with any version of Picture It - important to run as administrator when you install, though.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro
Back