Microsoft is the most trustable company and brand

A new study from Forrester may surprise you: Microsoft — not Apple — is doing a better job of building its consumer brand.

A survey of 4,551 U.S. adults showed the most trusted and essential tech brand as Microsoft — Forrester called it a “surprise upset.” In fact, the Redmond software giant was the only company to achieve the highest “trailblazer” status in the study’s TRUE rankings, with Apple, Sony and Samsung following.The study found that although Apple had the highest overall rank for being “unmistakable,” and, “remarkable,” consumers do not consider the company to be as essential as Microsoft.

Forrester applauded Microsoft moving away from an individual product marketing approach this past summer when it announced its new "One Microsoft” company hierarchy. It also noted the Microsoft Store, which helps give “consumers a unified brand experience across all of its devices.”

Study shows Microsoft outpacing Apple in battle for tech consumer mindshare - GeekWire

With Windows, you can probably still install 8.1 on a PC 10 years old.

This you can't do with mac os.

This is TRUE. and the reason why I stick with PCs for my main body of work.

See, this is a new thing that apple started doing when they shifted to Intel C PeeYews. The earlier Motorola systems would and could run ANY MACOS from OS 7 to OSX 10.3.9, with Classic installed even.

But then after the first Intel iMacs were made, suddenly with 10.5.8 (the last MACOSX which was offered for PPC as well as Intel), they stopped supporting all of the people who had just bought 4,000 dollar G5 Dual Towers.

They should have kept developing the parallel OS's like they did with 10.5.8, with NO limitations on hardware.

It's the stupidest thing they ever did, imo.

And in fact this dumb decision cost them dearly, and when Microsoft released Windows 7, well, people were loading it up into MACS using Bootcamp.

"The best Windows Machine I've ever run is a Macbook Pro using Bootcamp" - I thought I had coined this phrase until I heard it coming back at me from all directions. and I think the reason for this, why Apple computers can run Windows OS's SO WELL, is they have a unified collection of device drivers, there is no nVidia vs ATI, Mostly they use ATI Radeons, and similar, with the connector for the Cinematic Display. I love that Cinematic Display, I wish I could make it run on my Windows machines, but I would have to rig a power supply

In general most Intel Macs, have similar chip-sets and Bluetooth and wifi, and I think that's why it runs so smooth, Apple should go into business developing Windows Device Drivers, they do it so well with their own proprietary hardware heh- I'll bet if they put the effort into making 3rd party device drivers, they wold kick arses.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.
With Windows, you can probably still install 8.1 on a PC 10 years old.

This you can't do with mac os.

This is TRUE. and the reason why I stick with PCs for my main body of work.

See, this is a new thing that apple started doing when they shifted to Intel C PeeYews. The earlier Motorola systems would and could run ANY MACOS from OS 7 to OSX 10.3.9, with Classic installed even.

But then after the first Intel iMacs were made, suddenly with 10.5.8 (the last MACOSX which was offered for PPC as well as Intel), they stopped supporting all of the people who had just bought 4,000 dollar G5 Dual Towers.

They should have kept developing the parallel OS's like they did with 10.5.8, with NO limitations on hardware.

It's the stupidest thing they ever did, imo.

And in fact this dumb decision cost them dearly, and when Microsoft released Windows 7, well, people were loading it up into MACS using Bootcamp.

"The best Windows Machine I've ever run is a Macbook Pro using Bootcamp" - I thought I had coined this phrase until I heard it coming back at me from all directions. and I think the reason for this, why Apple computers can run Windows OS's SO WELL, is they have a unified collection of device drivers, there is no nVidia vs ATI, Mostly they use ATI Radeons, and similar, with the connector for the Cinematic Display. I love that Cinematic Display, I wish I could make it run on my Windows machines, but I would have to rig a power supply

In general most Intel Macs, have similar chip-sets and Bluetooth and wifi, and I think that's why it runs so smooth, Apple should go into business developing Windows Device Drivers, they do it so well with their own proprietary hardware heh- I'll bet if they put the effort into making 3rd party device drivers, they wold kick arses.

That's apple for ya, they'll make real decent and solid hardware but fall face flat with software. I think the reason why Windows runs so smoothly on macs (maybe because of the long history of Microsoft coding for the macintosh) is because of that small collection of drivers and hardware. They use the top of the line stuff and Windows has all of that ready for it. If apple did make drivers...well, I don't think it'll be THAT smooth... ;)

I just REALLY want to see a mac with Windows 8.1 running with a light grey Start background to match the hardware.

But speaking of software and apple, that awkward moment when apple supports a 13 year old operating system and they can't even support hardware nor software five years old... itunes.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
That's apple for ya, they'll make real decent and solid hardware but fall face flat with software.
It's funny because most of my Apple buddies don't seem to have any problem with the software, it's the Microsoft guys who seem to feel there is something wrong with the software.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
I bought a MacBook Pro and I don't understand why hardcore Windows users bash Macs. I bought it because I want the best of both worlds, and also because of the design. It's lightweight, great battery life, and hell I never get tired of touching the smooth aluminum finish. I used bootcamp to install Windows on it because I needed to use certain applications and gaming and I use OS X for everything else (media wise) like editing photos, videos, and music.

A Mac is a PC, the only difference is the operating system that comes with it. I'm still waiting for Apple to make a MacBook that can also get charge from a light source (solar power). I don't get why no other OEM is experimenting this idea and probably they won't until Apple makes it first. That would be innovation.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro & OS X Mavericks
    CPU
    Intel® Core™ i5 430M
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio