Is anyone else having this problem?

Well both machines are in the same subnet but for some reason you using static DNS server IP's on the Windows 7 machines while the Windows 8 machine is getting the DNS from the router.

Try removing the DNS IP entries from the IPv4 properties of the Atheros adaptor on the Windows 7 machine.

Also, disable this leaf Ethernet connection.

If were going to have two people giving advice then I will be heading outta here.

This type of trouble shooting will not succeed with two people trying to help. There are plenty of other active threads. :)

I'm also well aware there are two different Ethernet connections.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
No that isn't normal at all. You are using two different networks here which is why I asked for the model number of the modem.

I need to see the ipconfig/all from one of the Windows 8 machines and the Windows 7 machines.

What is the leaf adaptor connected to?

The leaf adapter doesn't connect to anything it has a private Apipa address. My router broadcasts two separate ones a 2..4 and 5ghz broadcast. When you connect wirelessly you can choose either one. They have different ssid but I don't connect wirelessly on my 8 machine now
This appears to be two separate NIC Adapters? like maybe you have an onboard one and then added a second NIC Card?

Thats what it looks like but I didnt add one....I did add a wireless card but that isnt it....I dont know where they both came from

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    1tb toshiba sata 3 and 1 samsung SSD 120gbs
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build
Well both machines are in the same subnet but for some reason you using static DNS server IP's on the Windows 7 machines while the Windows 8 machine is getting the DNS from the router.

Try removing the DNS IP entries from the IPv4 properties of the Atheros adaptor on the Windows 7 machine.

If were going to have two people giving advice then I will be heading outta here.

This type of trouble shooting will not succeed with two people trying to help. There are plenty of other active threads. :)

ahh you know what that is from... I forgot I had set up a static ip on the 7 laptop a while ago and remember how I said i had changed my router recently, I guess the other router used outside dns servers and now this new one acts as a dns server because that is new..... all my machines used to use those other dns adresses.... I did disable that leaf ethernet connection...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build

ahh you know what that is from... I forgot I had set up a static ip on the 7 laptop a while ago and remember how I said i had changed my router recently, I guess the other router used outside dns servers and now this new one acts as a dns server because that is new..... all my machines used to use those other dns adresses.... I did disable that leaf ethernet connection...

You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all . Also change the static IP to DHCP to make sure that everything is in the same subnet.

Try using Google's DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for now. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, it would be strange for the DNS to create such strange problems.

And no, the leaf adaptor is not showing up as a wireless NIC, it's showing up as an Ethernet connection.

Ok are we really going to repeat my suggestions?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
The leaf adapter doesn't connect to anything it has a private Apipa address. My router broadcasts two separate ones a 2..4 and 5ghz broadcast. When you connect wirelessly you can choose either one. They have different ssid but I don't connect wirelessly on my 8 machine now
This appears to be two separate NIC Adapters? like maybe you have an onboard one and then added a second NIC Card?

Thats what it looks like but I didnt add one....I did add a wireless card but that isnt it....I dont know where they both came from
Yes that makes sense the leaf adapter would be the Wireless NIC. So then you have the RealTec as LAN NIC and the LEAF would be the Wireless NIC. And it would be Normal for it to be a private network. meaning that you need a password to log on to it? you probable need to turn one or the other off.

Sorry about stepping on you @ Chev65

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro MC
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Asus G75VW / Z97 Pro
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3610QM / I7-4790K
    Motherboard
    Z97 Pro
    Memory
    16 GB Hyundai HTM315156CFR8C-PB PC3-12800
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M (GF114M)
    Sound Card
    VIA 6.0.10.1600
    Screen Resolution
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 850 Pro 256, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
    Internet Speed
    30 down 3 up
    Browser
    Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    NIS and Malwarebytes

You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all .

Try using Google's DNS at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for now. I'm not sure if this can be the problem, it would be strange for the DNS to create such strange problems.

yea i am going to do that.....I took the static off of the 7 laptop... Capture.PNG this is confusing me as the name of the network there is one of the wireless SSID's and why cant I change it .....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build

You can set up a proper DNS in your routers settings under DNS. You should use a common DNS server here for all machines. This will show up as the routers default gateway in the ipconfig/all .

yea i am going to do that.....I took the static off of the 7 laptop... View attachment 33106 this is confusing me as the name of the network there is one of the wireless SSID's and why cant I change it .....

That is perfectly normal with the SSID showing up as the name under Ethernet, same as mine.

Everything appears ok besides the static DNS, IP's.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
Capture1.PNG see how my laptop is on another one.... whats confusing me...is I thought this just was for wireless broadcasts...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build

yea i am going to do that.....I took the static off of the 7 laptop... View attachment 33106 this is confusing me as the name of the network there is one of the wireless SSID's and why cant I change it .....

That is perfectly normal with the SSID showing up as the name under Ethernet, same as mine.

Everything appears ok besides the static DNS, IP's.

it doesnt matter that each pc is displaying a different SSID? and im about to change the dns to google ...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build
and chev thanks for taking the time out to help me, I really appreciate it.... You are the only person on here who has really went out of their way to help me....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build
The 7 machine only left off the -5G part at the end.

I'm curious to what the problem might be. This problem doesn't seem to be related to the network set up since the shares work from a non Microsoft account.

The only thing I can think of is that the User profile for the Windows live ID is messed up although the DISM repair scan would normally fix that.

The link shows how to fix this problem by creating a new User profile then moving the User files to the new profile.

Fix corrupt profile in windows 8? - Repair

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
im not sure if its just cut off or not because the 2.4ghz SSID is NETGEAR00 and the 5ghz is NETGEAR00-5G ... But yea this problem is very strange... Right now I am on my laptop with 7pro .. and I just accessed a shared folder on my 8 machine with no problem, But if I go to my 8 machine and try to access one of the shared folders on here than no good....Do you think if the profile is corrupted it would be like that on any machine that I log onto with it? Because if that was the case than re-installing windows and starting off with the windows live account wouldn't even matter if I am bringing a corrupt account onto the new machine?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays
    samsung 21 inch led
    Screen Resolution
    1920-1080
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    EVGA 600watt
    Case
    diabolotek
    Antivirus
    kapersky
    Other Info
    1st build
Not sure if both machines would be effected or not, but the user account you are using has problems that is for sure. The wireless doesn't create two different subnets for 2.4 and 5 GHz so it shouldn't matter about the network name. Besides, the sharing worked when you were using a local account so maybe just changing that same account to an Admin account then associate the Windows Live ID with that account may fix the problem. Be sure and create a password as well.

I certainly hope there isn't a third party anti virus software involved here. :zip:

You can change the local account " sharing works" into an Admin account "first link" then associate the new Admin account with the same Windows live ID email "second link".

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5518-user-account-type-change-windows-8-a.html

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/9200-microsoft-account-change-email-address-windows-8-a.html

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
I will give that a shot chev, thanks again. And I do have kaspersky but I was having that problem before I installed it, I have shut it off and still had the problem. Even when I reinstalled windows I tried before I put in kaspersky and it was still the same., I am going to try and create a local account and see what happens, if I can share with that and then associate that account with the live account like you say, but I'm going to have to create a new local account.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    amd a10 -6800k APU
    Motherboard
    F2A85-V PRO (FM2 ) asus
    Memory
    8GB ddr-1866mhz
    Monitor(s) Displays