IP Routing with DynamicIP ?

What are the main questions you want to know ? I checked over the NAS the other day, I can set a static or DHCP address, as well as their is a mac address.

I had a few questions which I wanted to know to understand, from post #15 it may have helped get things straightened out !

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Windows 8.1 Pro - Desktop
    Windows 8.0 - Windows Phone
i use a USB HDD connected to my modem/router and i can access it from inside my home network on my laptop over wifi or my android smartphone. to make it available from outside my home network i have no-ip account as my isp gives me a dynamic ip address and create a domain name for free, then i put them details in to the dynamic dns section on my modem/router. i setup a static ip address for my laptop in my router and use NAT port forward to send traffic to a port on my laptop. i have filezilla FTP server running on the laptop setup to use the port i have forwarded and in filezilla i share my USB HDD using its network address in filezilla this makes it accessible from anywhere using an FTP client.

I MIGHT ADD THAT IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO ONEDRIVE AND OFFICE 365 PERSONAL FOR £5.99 PER MONTH IT SAYS YOU GET 1TB STORAGE SPACE BUT ACTUALLY YOU GET UNLIMITED CLOUD BASED STORAGE THAT YOU CAN SYNC ALL YOUR DEVICES TO AND IS ACCESSIBLE IN ANY WEB BROWSER FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AND IT STREAMS YOUR MOVIES TO OTHER DEVICES FOR YOU

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS K55A
    CPU
    Intel Celeron B820 1.7GHz
    Memory
    8GB DDR3