International Space Station switches from Windows to Linux

Well, thats nothing for me, iss needs is completely different than simple people, plus why they couldnt just switch to windows 7 ?? Because, you know, iss sounds so noobish :D its like "we wont install mobile os in our desktop pcs", or "we wont install bmw m3 engines into our rockets" :D It looks like they know a thing or two about space, but they know nothing about computers :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ljkhlj
maybe this is what been nasa problem all along. they been using windows for everything...

linux should be used for mission critical things. not windows. it doesnt have the stability...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    thermaltake
    CPU
    intel 2600 4ghz to 4.20ghz
    Motherboard
    gigabyte p67-d3-b3
    Memory
    16gb 1900mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 780 gtx + nvidia 580
    Sound Card
    sound ZxR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    asus hdmi 24inch
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    Hard Drives
    3x 2tb drivers
    PSU
    850 watts
    Case
    Thermtake V9
    Cooling
    very powerful fans
    Keyboard
    sidewinder x4
    Mouse
    logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    chrome,firefox,ie
    Antivirus
    Avira
Well, linux is much more unstable than windows, so this is bullshit... To make it at least stable, you have to do a few things, like to disable most of the components, including gui and other unstable linux components. And from all windows versions, why the hell did they use unstable windows xp for so long ? they could have just migrate to rock-solid 7 and stay with it like forever :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ljkhlj
do they even use the gui in windows xp. or do they use a dos program in the fake msdos on windows xp, or some java based crap?

I mean what software did they use to control the stuff?

I have not had any unstable problems with linux

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    thermaltake
    CPU
    intel 2600 4ghz to 4.20ghz
    Motherboard
    gigabyte p67-d3-b3
    Memory
    16gb 1900mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 780 gtx + nvidia 580
    Sound Card
    sound ZxR
    Monitor(s) Displays
    asus hdmi 24inch
    Screen Resolution
    1080p
    Hard Drives
    3x 2tb drivers
    PSU
    850 watts
    Case
    Thermtake V9
    Cooling
    very powerful fans
    Keyboard
    sidewinder x4
    Mouse
    logitech G5
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    chrome,firefox,ie
    Antivirus
    Avira
Well, linux is much more unstable than windows, so this is bullshit... To make it at least stable, you have to do a few things, like to disable most of the components, including gui and other unstable linux components. And from all windows versions, why the hell did they use unstable windows xp for so long ? they could have just migrate to rock-solid 7 and stay with it like forever :)

This is a useless discussion since you apparently know little about operating systems and probably even less about space missions. It would be nice if you could make contributions based on facts rather than opinions.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs

This is a useless discussion since you apparently know little about operating systems and probably even less about space missions. It would be nice if you could make contributions based on facts rather than opinions.
  • :ditto:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
Stability, once you have the proper hardware and drivers is good on both sides but drivers are a long lasting issue for Linux. I have had more Linux crashes over the past 10 years than Windows but all due to crappy drivers

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8, 2012, 7, 2008R2, 2008, 2003, XP,SUSE
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA 640M 2 GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600X900
    Hard Drives
    Pair of 750 GB

Oh, hi neil armstrong, didnt noticed you here at first :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ljkhlj

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info