IE10 for Windows 7 Globally Available for Consumers and Bu

Internet Explorer 10 is available worldwide in 95 languages for download today. We will begin auto updating Windows 7 customers to IE10 in the weeks ahead, starting today with customers running the IE10 Release Preview. With this final release, IE10 brings the same leading standards support, with improved performance, security, privacy, reliability that consumers enjoy on Windows 8, to Windows 7 customers.
[h=1]20% faster for real world Web sites[/h]With IE10 we continue delivering the best performance for real world Web sites on your Windows device. As with Windows 8, IE10 on Windows 7 improves performance across the board with faster page loading, faster interactivity, and faster JavaScript performance, while reducing CPU usage and improving battery life on mobile PCs. In measurements in our performance lab, IE loads real world pages up to 20% faster in top sites for news, social, search, ecommerce, and more.
You can experience IE10’s leading performance first hand with demos on the IE Test Drive site with examples of hardware accelerated rendering, interactivity, touch, and real world site patterns. Minesweeper is a new test drive demo that is both a full featured HTML5 game and also lets you measure your browser’s performance.
7026.ifwgafcab_2D00_image1_5F00_760x446.png
Enjoy a full featured HTML5 Minesweeper experience and test your browser’s performance
Minesweeper is built on a breadth of Web platform capabilities including HTML5, CSS3, WOFF, touch, animations, transitions, audio, video, canvas, transforms, and power efficiency patterns. The game uses standards-based mark-up for interoperability across browsers, and makes the most of fully hardware accelerated browsers like IE10 on both Windows 7 and Windows 8, with consistent performance across a wide range of devices including tablets like the Surface RT. Minesweeper’s performance mode measures how long it takes the browser to solve the minesweeper board, so you can test your browser performance with different minesweeper boards with different complexity.
IE10 also improves hardware accelerated performance of SVG and HTML4 constructs. You can see improvements yourself with the Chalkboard test drive where performance improves over IE9 by 15%. Similarly, improved drawing performance enables faster rendering patterns you can experience yourself with the Speed Reading test drive where performance improves by 30% over IE9 on comparable hardware.
IE10 continues to lead on JavaScript performance with many improvements to the Chakra JavaScript engine including profile-based, type-specialized JIT machine code, faster floating point operations, faster object and property access, and more. All of these improvements come to IE10 on Windows 7 and are consistent across the underlying operating system and hardware. As a result, with IE10 on Windows 7, performance on the WebKit SunSpider JavaScript benchmark improves by 25% over IE9 and leads the industry and other browsers by 17%.
In addition to raw performance improvements of real world sites, IE10 includes improvements to make common browsing activities you do every day faster. IE10’s integrated spell checking and auto-correct for common spelling mistakes, makes typing text for blog posts, social updates, and tweets faster and less error prone. Similarly, we tuned the tabs bar so closing many tabs is faster and more efficient, without having to moving your mouse as each tab closes.
[h=1]60% increase in supported modern Web standards[/h]For developers, IE10 brings increased support for modern Web standards powered by hardware acceleration to enable a new class of compelling applications and fast and fluid Web browsing. IE10 adds support for over 30 new modern Web standards beyond IE9, for a 60% increase. These new supported standards in IE10 include many of the latest HTML5, CSS3, DOM, Web Performance, and Web Application specifications across important aspects of Web development including:

• Create rich visual effects with CSS Text Shadow, CSS 3D Transforms, CSS3 Transitions and Animations, CSS3 Gradient, and SVG Filter Effects
  • More sophisticated and responsive page layouts with CSS3 for publication quality page layouts and responsive application UI (CSS3 grid, flexbox, multi-column, positioned floats, regions, and hyphenation), HTML5 Forms, input controls, and validation
  • Enhanced Web programming model for better offline applications through local storage with IndexedDB and the HTML5 Application Cache; Web Sockets, HTML5 History, Async scripts, HTML5 File APIs, HTML5 Drag-drop, HTML5 Sandboxing, Web workers, ES5 Strict mode support.
  • Beautiful and interactive Web applications with support for several new technologies like CSS3 Positioned Floats, HTML5 Drag-drop, File Reader API, Media Query Listeners, Pointer Events, and HTML5 Forms.
  • Improved Web application security with the same markup and support for HTML5 Sandbox for iframe isolation.
You can read more at the IE Developer Center and the updated IE10 Guide for Developers about the full set of new Web standards supported in IE10. Listed below with links to the W3C specifications.
[h=1]Furthering our commitment to privacy[/h]In keeping with our commitment on prioritizing the privacy of our customers, the Do Not Track (DNT) signal is turned on in IE10 for Windows 7. In addition to Tracking Protection, IE continues to lead in providing increased choice and control over your privacy online. Customers can choose to turn-off the DNT signal in the options settings in Internet Explorer.
Our commitment to keeping Windows customers in control of their privacy and data sharing continues, especially in the current environment of so much user data being collected online without explicit consent or user awareness.
[h=1]A better Web today and ahead[/h]The opportunities continue for HTML5 to make both Web sites and applications better. Those opportunities are exciting for everyone on the Web. Like IE10 on Windows 8, this release brings high performance HTML5 development to Windows 7.
For developers building on HTML5, now is time to get ready for IE 10. Developers can use the recently launched modern.IE to test and verify your sites, using a wizard that scans a Web page URL for common interoperability problems and suggests some ideas for how to address those issues to improve the user experience across modern and older browsers.
On behalf of the individuals and companies who have worked with us to deliver this product, and the many people at Microsoft who have built it, thank you for your feedback and for using IE10.
— Rob Mauceri, Group Program Manager, Internet Explorer

aggbug.aspx

More...

I'm not a member of 7F, so I can't go there for help. Can someone please help me here?

I still need 7 for a bit. I want to update to IE10, but when I press the link (Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows) I get "IE cannot display web page". I run the troubleshooter and it comes up with "The device or resource (view.atdmt.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".

I connect to all other sites with no problems whatsoever. I don't know squat about configuring anything in this department. I tried to go through the WU route to no avail. It doesn't show up.

Thanks in advance. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D Dual Core
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 - PCI Express x16
    Sound Card
    Integrated RealTek ALC888 high-definition audio with 7.1 channel audio support
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    350 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Desktop 7.2" (183mm) W x 17.5" (445mm) L x 14.5"
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info
    Office Pro 2013 / Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1DP GDR1
I'm not a member of 7F, so I can't go there for help. Can someone please help me here?

I still need 7 for a bit. I want to update to IE10, but when I press the link (Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows) I get "IE cannot display web page". I run the troubleshooter and it comes up with "The device or resource (view.atdmt.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".

I connect to all other sites with no problems whatsoever. I don't know squat about configuring anything in this department. I tried to go through the WU route to no avail. It doesn't show up.

7 member? me neither...

LOL. Use Chrome or FFox to download it.
OR try the link from post 2.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-

The update to ie10 should also be available from Windows Update... when I checked it wasn't the case.

Hope you get it working. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Too bad I can't update my router's firmware or restore my routers settings with the standard .gws file using IE 10. And here's the deal, none of us using IE 10 will have that ability either.

This new browser is so secure you can't use it for anything useful.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
Hi there
just a suggestion
can't help on IE10 on W7 but what about using W8 or another machine in a VM to fix your router.

Some of the complaints seem really strange -- on one hand people want security but on the other hand they seem dissatisfied when it's delivered.

I've had ZERO problems with IE10 on W8 however W7 might be another issue -- I've given up now on W7 but I did have it running for a day or two without any problem either.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
When I saw this I thought, great, I'll reboot to Windows 7 and install IE10, but then I had another pair of thoughts... I hardly ever use Windows 7 nowadays, and I almost never used Internet Explorer 9 by choice, with Chrome (Canary), Firefox (Beta), Maxthon and Opera (Next) all installed for general use, so yet again I have not used Windows 7 again. I'll have a huge bunch of updates to install if I ever do.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP COMPAQ Presario CQ57
    CPU
    AMD E- 300 APU with Radion HD Graphics 1.30GHz
    Motherboard
    inbuilt
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI
    Sound Card
    High Definition Audio on-board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    notebook
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    Seagate ST9500325AS
    Google drive 15GB
    Skydrive 25GB
    BT Cloud
    PSU
    external 20v
    Case
    Laptop
    Cooling
    pretty good
    Keyboard
    inbuilt
    Mouse
    touchpad
    Internet Speed
    BT Infinity Unlimited - 80 up 20 down =70/16 really
    Browser
    Chrome Canary usually
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    Other Info
    no Start menu modifications
    Upgraded with no issues to 8.0 and to 8.1
Too bad I can't update my router's firmware or restore my routers settings with the standard .gws file using IE 10. And here's the deal, none of us using IE 10 will have that ability either.

This new browser is so secure you can't use it for anything useful.

And it is reported to kill Aero on Windows 7, a fix may be coming soon...I'm holding off till it's settled a bit... :geek:

My Computers

System One System Two

• OS
    17074 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP dv7 3173nr
    CPU
    M520
    Memory
    5GB
    Screen Resolution
    1600x900
    Internet Speed
    120Mb/s
  • PC2
    HP A12 R7 17074

7 member? me neither...

LOL. Use Chrome or FFox to download it.
OR try the link from post 2.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-10/worldwide-

The update to ie10 should also be available from Windows Update... when I checked it wasn't the case.

Hope you get it working. :)

Thanks, Hopachi. I may eventually try those. MS is probably releasing the update by regions. I may wait for it to show up. I'm mostly in 8 cruising anyway. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.

Thanks, labeeman!

Agree. It is a good find and is serious. It raised a red flag in me.

Ok, so what's the solution? Does the default "Do Not Track" internet safety option prevent this? If not, what will?

I found these:
Internet Explorer 10 Test Drive

Do Not Track Test Page

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info

Thanks, labeeman!

Agree. It is a good find and is serious. It raised a red flag in me.

Ok, so what's the solution? Does the default "Do Not Track" internet safety option prevent this? If not, what will?

I found these:
Internet Explorer 10 Test Drive

Do Not Track Test Page

It seems that Firefox is the fix at this time until the other browsers get fixed.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 Ult SP1 + Win 10 Pro - (x64)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Alienware® ALX X58
    CPU
    Intel® Core i7-975 Extreme 3.86 GHz 8MB Cache
    Motherboard
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Socket 1366 Core i7, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Mem
    Memory
    24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 6 x 4096MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    1792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295/Hauppauge HVR2250 TV Tuner
    Sound Card
    Onboard Soundmax® High definition Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung XL2370 LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080P
    Hard Drives
    2 X 500gb SATA
    1 X 1TB SATA
    1 X 3TB external eSATA
    (Non-RAID)
    PSU
    Alienware® 1200 Watt Multi-GPU
    Case
    Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis with AlienIce 3.0 Video Cooling
    Cooling
    Alienware® High-Perf. Liquid Cooling + Acoustic Dampening
    Keyboard
    Microsoft® Wireless Entertainment 8000 + Logitech® G15 Wired
    Mouse
    Microsoft® Wireless Laser 8000 + Logitech® G9 Wired
    Internet Speed
    1tbs
    Other Info
    Using non-RAID on purpose as I find it too fussy and temperamental.
He does mention IE 10 in the story.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
Ah missed that. Thanks but at least it's an 'equal opportunity' vulnerability - effecting Chrome and Safari too. I'm sure it'll be patched.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 7 Ult SP1 + Win 10 Pro - (x64)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Alienware® ALX X58
    CPU
    Intel® Core i7-975 Extreme 3.86 GHz 8MB Cache
    Motherboard
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Socket 1366 Core i7, Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Mem
    Memory
    24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 6 x 4096MB
    Graphics Card(s)
    1792 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 295/Hauppauge HVR2250 TV Tuner
    Sound Card
    Onboard Soundmax® High definition Sound
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung XL2370 LED
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1080P
    Hard Drives
    2 X 500gb SATA
    1 X 1TB SATA
    1 X 3TB external eSATA
    (Non-RAID)
    PSU
    Alienware® 1200 Watt Multi-GPU
    Case
    Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis with AlienIce 3.0 Video Cooling
    Cooling
    Alienware® High-Perf. Liquid Cooling + Acoustic Dampening
    Keyboard
    Microsoft® Wireless Entertainment 8000 + Logitech® G15 Wired
    Mouse
    Microsoft® Wireless Laser 8000 + Logitech® G9 Wired
    Internet Speed
    1tbs
    Other Info
    Using non-RAID on purpose as I find it too fussy and temperamental.
Aboukhadijeh created a proof-of-concept website that uses this trick to fill visitors' hard disk drives with junk data. The site was tested with Chrome 25, Safari 6, Opera 12 and IE 10, and was capable of writing 1GB of data every 16 seconds on a Macbook Pro equipped with a solid state drive (SSD), the researcher said. - See more at: HTML5 Web Storage loophole can be abused to fill hard disks with junk data - Computerworld

That doesn't make IE10 bad because this is a general loophole in more than one browser (and HTML 5 constantly gets additions). They will all fix it soon I'm sure.

Chrome (32bit) crashed without filling the hard disk (lucky Chrome users)... filling the hard disk with junk is still a task to do: a solid browser will complete the task. :)

"For 32-bit browsers, like Chrome, the entire browser may crash before the disk is filled," Aboukhadijeh said. The attack does not work in Firefox because "Firefox's implementation of localStorage is smarter," he said. - See more at: HTML5 Web Storage loophole can be abused to fill hard disks with junk data - Computerworld

EDIT: but is seems I'm toasted with the 64bit browsers for the moment.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Aboukhadijeh created a proof-of-concept website that uses this trick to fill visitors' hard disk drives with junk data. The site was tested with Chrome 25, Safari 6, Opera 12 and IE 10, and was capable of writing 1GB of data every 16 seconds on a Macbook Pro equipped with a solid state drive (SSD), the researcher said. - See more at: HTML5 Web Storage loophole can be abused to fill hard disks with junk data - Computerworld
The actual blogpost says
"localStorage is awesome because it’s supported in all modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, IE 8+, etc.)"
And since localStorage is the feature at fault, I'd hazard a guess that IE8 and IE9 are also affected, but it's just that they weren't tested as part of writing the blogpost. (It may even be that some old Firefox versions are affected.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
Ah missed that. Thanks but at least it's an 'equal opportunity' vulnerability - effecting Chrome and Safari too. I'm sure it'll be patched.

Lol! Equal opportunity for all crooks!

Looks like labeeman is right. I'm downloading Firefox for now, although I like IE10. I'll wait for the patch. Hopefully it'll come soon. Geez...what a pain in the buttocks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1 Pro X64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer T690
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Acer/Intel E946GZ
    Memory
    2GB (max upgrade)
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer AL1917W A LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1440 X 900
    Hard Drives
    Thumb drives
    PSU
    Standard 250 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Dual case fans + CPU fan
    Keyboard
    Acer Windows PS/2
    Mouse
    Wireless Microsoft Arc
    Internet Speed
    54mbp/s
    Browser
    IE11
    Antivirus
    Defender
    Other Info

Lol! Equal opportunity for all crooks!

Looks like labeeman is right. I'm downloading FoxFire for now, although I like IE10. I'll wait for the patch. Hopefully it'll come soon. Geez...what a pain in the buttocks!

Good for Firefox!

I have it installed but I'm mostly on Chromium.
The chances you get affected by this issue are still low, IMO.

(Shhhh... I'll manually empty my disk of the junk files, if it gets affected. That shouldn't be hard to do.)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard