I am so lost here How can I simply go back to 7?

If you did an in-place upgrade, I have done a little thing to make an installation .iso for you.

download

See part 2 of this tutorial:

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/18309-windows-8-upgrade-iso-download-create.html

However all of the software he deals with works on 7 so he is not at all up on 8.[/QUOTE]

should not be a major problem all the software i used on win7 i use on win8 , i would wait a week or so before installing the Incredimail program ,see how it goes good luck

also this from your first post
I researched and found that I needed to activate the Administrator account and install from there,
you should never had had to do this ,as the user created when win8 installed would have been a full admin acct ,so you are having issues with software you are trying to install i think

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win8.1.1 enterprise
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Hinze57
    CPU
    AMD FX 6100 6core 3.30gHz
    Motherboard
    gigibyte ga-78lmy-s2p
    Memory
    4gig ddr3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radon hd5000 Series
    Sound Card
    onboard realtek hd
    Monitor(s) Displays
    19" viewsonic/ 22"Samsung
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    128gig ssd Kingston
    80gig WD 10000 rpm spinner
    Case
    micro
    Keyboard
    microsoft curve 200
    Mouse
    Logitech wireless M215
    Internet Speed
    high speed 20
    Browser
    ie 11
    Antivirus
    windows defender
    Other Info
    updated enterprise apr 2/14
also this from your first post
I researched and found that I needed to activate the Administrator account and install from there,
you should never had had to do this ,as the user created when win8 installed would have been a full admin acct ,so you are having issues with software you are trying to install i think

I am having problems with ANY software I try to install. Even the Mozy upgrade, and their people could not get it to install either when they remoted in to my system yesterday.

Things worked just fine at first, I was able to work with my system and install stuff until I got something from Microsoft and that is when things went bad. Nothing has worked right since and things keep getting worse and changing. this makes tracking issues really hard to do.
I have run multiple virus scans and malware scans but nothing is showing up. That was my first thought. I do have Defender activated and updated and also have the firewall set and running.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 professional
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    I buy Power custom build
    CPU
    sandy bridge
    Memory
    8 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    invidia
    Browser
    chrome
    Antivirus
    windows defender
I just want to take a moment to thank everyone here for all the helpful suggestions and information. I did manage to fix some of the issues, but not all. I am probably going to just wipe the drive and start clean, as bad as I hate to. I have now managed to lose all my user folders somehow while looking for a particular folder that muse be a hidden file. The only things that are still working are my browsers and Incredimail, strangely enough. I have no idea of how to get the user folders back as the ones stored in windows.old are empty.
Time to start over, right?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 professional
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    I buy Power custom build
    CPU
    sandy bridge
    Memory
    8 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    invidia
    Browser
    chrome
    Antivirus
    windows defender
Hmm, that's pretty serious. Losing user folders is about the worst scenario you can have. Don't you have images of your old system. You could recover them from there.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
I do have everything backed up, but, surprise! Microsoft support fixed it just now and for FREE! I contacted them on chat to find out how to find the instructions to create a bootable repair disk from my downloaded version of 8, not an easy thing to find on their site, but instead they fixed my computer for me. That and they did it for FREE!!!! WOW. I still need to do a recovery disk, but they sent a link for me to go read how. Apparently, even though I have my original downloaded install from them on a USB key, I have to download it again. Dumb, but OK. Anyway, thanks so much for taking time to reply. I sincerely appreciate it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 professional
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    I buy Power custom build
    CPU
    sandy bridge
    Memory
    8 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    invidia
    Browser
    chrome
    Antivirus
    windows defender
Wow, great to hear that Microsoft stepped up and helped you out. They probably want to put the best face on Windows 8 for users. Good PR move on their part.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
I think your problem is the same as mine- You did an Upgrade, on your machine? I did an upgrade on this machine, from Windows 7 and a HOSED Windows 7 at that. My SFC /SCANNOW would not run and I could not do an In-Place Windows 7 Install in order to repair the system, which was my preferred way of repairing Windows 7.

You may have had Issues with your OS that did not become apparent until you upgraded to 8. When you upgrade to 8, it moves EVERYTHING into the new OS, including the stuff that has become corrupted.

You may be able to fix your system by running an In-Place Install to restore all files and folders to default. Because this thing where it is taking Permissions from Admin and applying them to Installs, it sounds like a major Group Policy foodle. You should try SFC /SCANNOW first, if that does not fix it, then do the in place install - Simply boot to Windows 8, stick your upgrade sisk in and start the Setup, and when it asks you what you want to do, if it asks, choose "Upgrade" again. It'll install a fresh copy of all system files.

Also, Windows 8 File Signing, has a higher level of Encryption from what was required in Windows 7 originally. So there may be signed files that your current user can't read. Make sure your User account is jacked in to your Skydrive account, and given Admin rights, the same rights as the Administrator.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center/Windows 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus § DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+ § Corsair Value Select
    CPU
    AMD 4400+/4200+
    Motherboard
    Asus M2N-MX SE Plus/Asus A8M2N-LA (NodusM)
    Memory
    2 GB/3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    GeForce 8400 GS/GeForce 210
    Sound Card
    nVIDIA GT218 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Hitachi 40" LCD HDTV
    Screen Resolution
    "1842 x 1036"
    Hard Drives
    WDC WD50 00AAKS-007AA SCSI Disk Device
    ST1000DL 002-9TT153 SCSI Disk Device
    WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 ATA Device
    WDC WD32 WD-WCAPZ2942630 USB Device
    WD My Book 1140 USB Device
    PSU
    Works 550w
    Case
    MSI "M-Box"
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Dell Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Intellimouse
    Internet Speed
    Cable Medium Speed
    Browser
    Chrome/IE 10
    Antivirus
    Eset NOD32 6.x/Win Defend
    Other Info
    Recently lost my Windows 8 on my main PC, had to go back to Windows 7.
Back