How do I re-install Ubuntu on a dual boot laptop?

Maddyn, there is another way to delete ubuntu without using EasyBCD.

1. From the GRUB list choose the Win 8 loader.
2. When on the Win 8 bootloader screen where it asks which operating system to boot, right below the Ubuntu option, there is something that says 'change defaults and choose other options'. Click on that.
3. CXlick on Choose Other Options
4. Click on Troubleshoot
5. Click Advanced Options
6. Click on Command Prompt. It will then ask you for your Win 8 user password so enter it and command prompt window should display.
7. Type bootrec /fixboot and press the enter button.
8. Type bootrec /fixmbr and press enter. There is a space between the letter "c" and /

That's it, close Command window and restart your PC. Now the window loader shows up.
Boot windows and then delete the Ubuntu partition like you did before and you are done. Problem fixed.

IMG_20140412_200943.jpg

Hi z31fanatic, I dont see any change defaults options.where else can i find it? If i select windows recovery environment, it will directly boot windows 8 .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
That GRUB looks a little different than mine. I think you may have a slightly older version. Mine is version 2.0.

20140412_111342.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell E6410
    CPU
    Core i7 M560
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia NVS3100
    Hard Drives
    120 GB SSD
Hi guys, i used the easybcd to replace the grub with windows bootloader and it worked very fine. I havent yet deleted the ubuntu partion. Could someone please also tell me how to restore the grub with windows 8 in the grub list? Im trying to learn how to do this.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Hi guys, i used the easybcd to replace the grub with windows bootloader and it worked very fine. I havent yet deleted the ubuntu partion. Could someone please also tell me how to restore the grub with windows 8 in the grub list? Im trying to learn how to do this.
The best way you can learn how to do this is by reading my post 12 again.
Every conceivable answer you require is explained in the HELP section now that you have installed EasyBCD.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
Back