Solved high ram usage during file transfer

in the end I went with Teracopy, transfer speed shows lower performance but in actual speed is the same as win7 regular transfer using 2gb to cache files.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1 and server 2012 R2
in the end I went with Teracopy, transfer speed shows lower performance but in actual speed is the same as win7 regular transfer using 2gb to cache files.

Thanks for reporting your results. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.0 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satelite C55D-A Laptop
    CPU
    AMD EI 1200
    Memory
    4 gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Raedon 340 MB dedicated Ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built in
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    640 GB (spinner) Sata II
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touch pad
The one thing in this whole thread that bothers me is the comment about what happens when there is a power failure. Yikes!

For power users and TechnoGeeks, a UPS should be an absolute MUST!

Even a little cheapie, like $59, will keep a PC alive long enough to either finish a process or give the user time to stop computing and do an orderly shutdown.

If longer run-times are required, a larger battery can be outboarded to the UPS.

In the above case, I've removed the little Gel-Cel battery and replaced it (outboarded) with a much larger battery that gives me hours of run-time instead of only Minutes of run-time.

Living in the lightning capital of the US, having a UPS is not just nice, it's necessary!
Actually I have five of them in my house and every one, except one, has a large battery, outboarded.

Oh, and for copying files, I use DOS and XCOPY.

Cheers Mates and Happy New Year!

TechnoMage :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
Ah, an UPS for "times of oooops", the great equalizer, the best thing for lousy current. Not only that it gets you some time to bring windows down in case of loss of electricity but also "irons" out fluctuations, protects from over voltage and "brown outs". It should be rated higher than total current draw from it and got to watch that extra battery does not draw too much current while charging or it might burn circuit in the UPS. If there's protection for network cables or modem, that should be used too.
I don't worry about loosing files while transferring them because the only thing that can be lost or corrupted is the one being written while the original will not be affected so I can do it again if some problem arises.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
well I only use laptop so I got backup batteries. my SSD got capacitor for power failure protection too so its two layers of power failure protection.

My Computer

System One

• OS
well I only use laptop so I got backup batteries. my SSD got capacitor for power failure protection too so its two layers of power failure protection.

I just got my first Laptop a couple months ago. The battery thing and WiFi are my 2 favorite features. Also the quick fake booting ain't bad. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.0 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba Satelite C55D-A Laptop
    CPU
    AMD EI 1200
    Memory
    4 gb DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Raedon 340 MB dedicated Ram
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Built in
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    640 GB (spinner) Sata II
    Keyboard
    Built in
    Mouse
    Touch pad
just an update. teracopy in the end didnt solve my problem. after multiple attempts and countless of retries from different interface for file transfer (usb, sata to sata, esata, all sort of combinations) in the end win7/8 still uses 2GB of ram to copy just like windows explorer. I ended up finding this software called fastcopy and it solved all of my problem. by far my favourite copy tool so far.

recommand everyone to try it out.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Back