Help PLEASE--loading recovery disc

Ok-something is happening...maybe! My disc actually started to boot!!! I was able to input my language and...

But...I get to a screen that says "select driver to install" I can get a "D: CD Drive" icon to appear, I click but get the message NO DEVICE DRIVERS FOUND.

Is my cd/DVD drive the problem! Or is it just not being "found"? I have been at this for a whole week! Ugh.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
The driver in question has to be on a CD, unpacked with it's *.INI file visible, best in the root of CD or if you can navigate thru CD for it to find it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    Silicon Power V70 240GB SSD
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Sharkoon, Silent Storm 660W
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Thanks Countmike! Not sure I follow though...

It gives me "Select the Driver to install". And I get two options: CD Drive or Boot (X:).

My recovery disc is a cd/DVD. I am getting the above from the "collecting information" part of the recovery install. Does that make sense?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Thanks Countmike! Not sure I follow though...

It gives me "Select the Driver to install". And I get two options: CD Drive or Boot (X:).

My recovery disc is a cd/DVD. I am getting the above from the "collecting information" part of the recovery install. Does that make sense?
I thought you said that it's looking for particular driver/s which it can't find on that CD/DVD disk, the way for it to do that is for it to be visible on that disk the way I described. If installation stops because of it, you will have to provide it that way. If it's on another disk, you can take installation disk out, let it find and install driver required and than continue installation.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Thanks again. I just don't know enough to understand your response.

The recovery disc FINALLY booted up. It asked for LANGUAGE, TIME, and now is stalled & won't continue-asking me for "driver to install" and I don't know how to proceed from here.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Sorry can't help much more from here but procedure to provide that driver is as I described above. Is there another disk with drivers and utilities that came with that machine ?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro
    Memory
    16GB Kingston 3600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 960 evo 250GB
    WD 1 TB Blue
    WD 2 TB Blue
    Bunch of backup HDDs.
    PSU
    Case
    Raidmax
    Cooling
    CCM Nepton 140xl
    Internet Speed
    40/2 Mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    WD
Man, thanks a ton. When it gives me the cd drive icon, there are a few folders that I will play around with.

So, am I looking for something within these folders with a "ini" extension? I will keep playing. I am at wits end b/c I thought this would finally just load and go.

No- everything came pre-loaded. This recovery disc that Samsumg sent is all I have & all I thought I needed for a system recovery. Thanks!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Man, thanks a ton. When it gives me the cd drive icon, there are a few folders that I will play around with.

So, am I looking for something within these folders with a "ini" extension? I will keep playing. I am at wits end b/c I thought this would finally just load and go.

No- everything came pre-loaded. This recovery disc that Samsumg sent is all I have & all I thought I needed for a system recovery. Thanks!
Ugh, sorry I just realized my mistake, make that *.INF file for drivers, it's essential file for driver's installation, it could be read with any text program. It tells driver what and where to install. If you could only put that disk in another computer and find if it's, where it is (and it should be) in there.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home made
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen7 2700x
    Motherboard
    Asus Prime x470 Pro