Got ZoneAlarm Antivirus/Firewall working on Windows 8

Well seeing as how (to date) there is really nothing else out there that gives you any type of protection, 360 is the logical go to player so to say.

Please stop making clueless statements. You've made enough already before this.

OK, my bad, didn't realize you were the definitive genius in Computer protection!

Who I am or who I am not has no bearing on you showing your ignorance of the Windows 8 operating system so clearly as your quote in this post above.

Perhaps you should sorta quit while you're ahead type of thing. I've maintained being decent while being accused of things I'm not (hater) and gave you good knowledge, supported by even another bsod expert, which you seem to not want to believe for some strange reason.

That's not cool at all. Hope you take a moment to realize these things.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    HIS AGP HD 3850 Turbo Ice-Q
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    WD Caviar Black 1 TB Sata II, WD 400 GB Sata I, WD 120 GB Sata I
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Logitech Classic Keyboard 200, Dell RT7D20
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    2 MByte/sec Down, 250 KByte/sec Up
Gman, go here Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and I stand behind my statement that Windows ME was the LAST MS Operating system to have a BSOD, before Microsoft changed the color, and Wikipedia will bear me out on that staatement.

I have to ask because I honestly don't know: Is this post purposefully crafted to taunt me to respond in a negative manner? If not, I have to be honest with you as I quite often say and mean, the post is kinda dumb. If so, it was an ehhh alright, so-so attempt.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
No, it was to educate you, you are making a claim that you have been BLUE screened i.e. BSOD in Windows 8cp, I am stating that is an impossibility, the last Operating System made by Microsoft to use the color BLUE for a system dump was Windows ME, and from my research at MSDN has determined no color has been decided yet for Windows 8 operating system for the system dump I. E. Screen of Death.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro Retail
Let me make it easy for you to understand:

1) I made no such claim.

2) You are babbling with imbecilic nonsense.

Please stop to save any dignity you might have remaining. Please. Honest.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
Please review post #34 in this very thread, you HAD indeed claimed that.

Dude, leave me alone. You're bothering me now with how stupid you are. I don't intend to be mean but I am not being mean lol.

As all my posts above have kept politely warning you to how stupid your posts are, I now feel I must just simply tell you straight out in language you can easily understand: Please don't bother me with your false nonsense any longer.

You have no understanding of Windows 8, no understanding of bsods, no understanding of anything much computer related as far as I can tell and I wish no longer to dispute this junk.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
Gman, go here Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and I stand behind my statement that Windows ME was the LAST MS Operating system to have a BSOD, before Microsoft changed the color, and Wikipedia will bear me out on that staatement.

Mike since you quoted this source (which by the way is in need of citations (read proof) on most points why dont you cite the specific line or lines where your point was proven.

Why should we have to do your work.

By the way Dont we think this is slightly off topic ???

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WCP
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP
    CPU
    2@ 4.9 Hz
    Memory
    64 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9600
    Sound Card
    integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    laptop
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    300gig internal and a bunch ext
    Cooling
    not much
    Keyboard
    Built-in
    Mouse
    Logitch Anywhere Mx wireless mouse
    Internet Speed
    50 down 1.5 up
@Zigzag The ironic thing is on that very page it shows the bsod of Windows 8. lol Sometimes ya just gotta laugh it off I suppose. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
@Zigzag The ironic thing is on that very page it shows the bsod of Windows 8. lol Sometimes ya just gotta laugh it off I suppose. :)

220px-BSoD_in_Windows_8.png
:roflmao:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WCP
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP
    CPU
    2@ 4.9 Hz
    Memory
    64 gig
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia 9600
    Sound Card
    integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    laptop
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    300gig internal and a bunch ext
    Cooling
    not much
    Keyboard
    Built-in
    Mouse
    Logitch Anywhere Mx wireless mouse
    Internet Speed
    50 down 1.5 up
If you are or ever were a Windows user, you’re likely familiar with the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). The bug check screen, with its lines of error codes, has been part of Windows since version 1.0. It has represented the crashing of computers — and the frustration of users — for decades.

The BSoD was never intended to be user friendly, though. It was made for engineers who wanted to figure out why a PC crashed. For the rest of the world, it signifies the downside of owning a Windows device.

The iconic Stop Error screen is getting a facelift with Windows 8. The redesigned OS also includes speed and stability improvements, a Metro interface optimized for touchscreens and an app store.

The new BSoD doesn’t include all of the bug checks or lines of code that have defined the error screen for years. Instead, the Windows 8 BSoD includes a giant sad emoticon and a simple message that “your PC ran into a problem” and that it has to restart.

We’re fans of the new error screen — it’s much clearer and more user-friendly — though I hope there’ll be fewer chances to see it. Do you like the new Blue Screen of Death.

I'll BE damned! I am wrong. :zip: I'll keep my mouth shut next time till I do my research. My apologies to you.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro Retail
Mike, apology accepted completely.

Just to explain my side briefly: I've been doing what I do for a while and have a fair amount of success at it. It just gets a little frustrating to me because we were discussing the very primitive basics. As a good analogy, it would be like me trying to tell Derek Jeter or Pujols or Bautista how to hit a fastball. They do that every day while I do not.

Being a stand up dude is more important than anything so that's a huge plus towards your character. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
Goofup

I just wanted to make a quick report that I can successfully get any version (sku) of ZoneAlarm working well on Windows 8. I have it installed now and it is functioning perfectly.

In case anyone is interested, I can detail the process of how to do so. It is not for the install and simply make it work crowd. It's a bit of a process, you have to do this, that and the other thing, but once it is working, it is set and forget and all is well.

So yup, if anyone is seriously interested, I'll add instructions here by request.

I would most certainly be interested (& be grateful) if you would add instructions. (I found it already, many thanks)

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
I just wanted to make a quick report that I can successfully get any version (sku) of ZoneAlarm working well on Windows 8. I have it installed now and it is functioning perfectly.

In case anyone is interested, I can detail the process of how to do so. It is not for the install and simply make it work crowd. It's a bit of a process, you have to do this, that and the other thing, but once it is working, it is set and forget and all is well.

So yup, if anyone is seriously interested, I'll add instructions here by request.

I would most certainly be interested (& be grateful) if you would add instructions. (I found it already, many thanks)

GMan, I seem to be in the same difficulty as jrzpol (#27). Did you, by any chance, respond to him (may be privately?). Any insights and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back