Solved Freezing when rolling over the bottom right

I would never recommend a workaround when the driver itself should be installed. In the driver download, somehow someway exists the correct driver to do so.

Perhaps check in the Logitech folder(s) inside Program Files folder or Program Files (x86) folder.

The driver has to be someplace. That's for sure.

Companies very much tend to make all their driver installers the same. I just tested with my Logitech gamepad driver and for sure, it did put the drivers in the temp folder.

You're not looking well enough.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    HIS AGP HD 3850 Turbo Ice-Q
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    WD Caviar Black 1 TB Sata II, WD 400 GB Sata I, WD 120 GB Sata I
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Logitech Classic Keyboard 200, Dell RT7D20
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    2 MByte/sec Down, 250 KByte/sec Up
Scratch that! Problems back!

It is after a reboot as I didn't turn it off yesterday whilst it was working!

Fairly sure its the keyboard, seen this thread:
G15 and windows 8 - Logitech Forums

any other ideas? I was never able to install the drivers directly from the install as when I did find the temp folder, it didn't have any driver files in it!

Edit - seems to be one of the 3 drivers in device manager under the keyboard. If you uninstall one of them ( for some people its the top one, for me it was the bottom) it makes it work, however this will reinstall every time you reboot. So some people change this driver to "HID compliant device"

Just so you know for future reference!

Yes I'm the one who wrote up that work around. The Logitech drivers don't fix the problem. You need to replace the HID driver on the top with one of Msoft's own drivers. It's the second one on the list of Msoft drivers.

I've searched high and low and that is the only solution I could find. I expect this problem to be fixed with the next Windows 8 build. I reposted the work around here.

UPDATE:

After finding the problem HID driver and uninstalling it "it was the first one on the list of three,". I right clicked Keyboard in Device Manager and told it to scan for hardware changes which reinstalled the bad driver.

At that point I right clicked on the problem driver and chose "update driver software" did the manual install method "Browse my computer for driver Software", then instead of browsing for it choose, "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my machine" at that point there is a choice of two drivers, one says " HID Keyboard device" the second one simply says "HID compliant device" which is the one you want. After Windows updates the bad driver it vanishes from the list and opens up an expanded list of "Human interface devices" which is where I assume the new driver was installed too.

The fix holds, and even after a reboot the old bad HID driver does not reinstall itself in the Keyboard HID driver list. I would imagine that if you installed the Logitech driver for the G15 or if you unplug the keyboard you may need to go through the procedure a second time but I haven't tested this out yet.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
The Logitech drivers don't fix the problem.

Really? Why don't you be so kind then to tell mpj88 where you found the .inf and .sys on your system when you installed using the device manager, so he can try.

I expect this problem to be fixed with the next Windows 8 build. I reposted the work around here.

Another thing that next build will not fix so don't bother waiting for it, just like the UAC issue solved in the other thread. If there really is an issue with the driver, Logitech will have to fix it, not Microsoft.

------------

To mpj88: If Chev65 can't tell you where he found the driver and inf, I suggest looking in your Windows 7 device manager for those details. Then, copy the files to a folder and install using the device manager on 8. See how it goes.

If this fails, wait for Logitech to fix it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
The Logitech drivers don't fix the problem.

Really? Why don't you be so kind then to tell mpj88 where you found the .inf and .sys on your system when you installed using the device manager, so he can try.

I expect this problem to be fixed with the next Windows 8 build. I reposted the work around here.

Another thing that next build will not fix so don't bother waiting for it, just like the UAC issue solved in the other thread. If there really is an issue with the driver, Logitech will have to fix it, not Microsoft.

------------

To mpj88: If Chev65 can't tell you where he found the driver and inf, I suggest looking in your Windows 7 device manager for those details. Then, copy the files to a folder and install using the device manager on 8. See how it goes.

If this fails, wait for Logitech to fix it.

I don't care who fixes it as long as someone does, I just assume when someone asks for help that they want something fixed and this is how I fixed it. :)

I highlighted the important steps so it should be easy enough to follow the steps now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps
My point is that you didn't install using the device manager, so how can you say that Logitech driver doesn't fix the problem?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer x223w
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    300W generic
    Case
    Cybertron
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
My point is that you didn't install using the device manager, so how can you say that Logitech driver doesn't fix the problem?

The Logitech driver was the first thing I installed but it didn't fix the actual problem of freezing mouse pointer and screen freezes. Removing and replacing the HID driver was the only thing that had an effect. After the work around I could install the Logitech drivers and everything seems to work fine, the little display screen works also.

For what ever reason Msoft's own HID driver seems to cause the problem but I'm not sure why. I was hoping that Msoft would figure it out as the Logitech drivers seems to be working fine. It's the one bad HID driver causing the problem and simply replacing it with another Msoft HID compliant driver seems to be the fix. I hope you are done with the questions now. ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home built
    CPU
    Q9650 @ 4.05 GHz
    Motherboard
    Gforce 780i SLI FTW
    Memory
    8GB Gskill DDR2 1200Mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX-480
    Sound Card
    Asus D2 Xonar
    Monitor(s) Displays
    HannsG
    Screen Resolution
    1680x1050
    Hard Drives
    Gskill 120GB SSD
    PSU
    Thermal Take 1000watts
    Case
    Thermal Take Xtreme
    Cooling
    9 fans air cooled
    Keyboard
    G15 logitech
    Mouse
    G9 logitech
    Internet Speed
    50mbps

The Logitech driver was the first thing I installed but it didn't fix the actual problem or freezing mouse pointer and screen freezes. Removing and replacing the HID driver was the only thing that had an effect. After the work around I could install the Logitech drivers and everything seems to work fine, the little display screen works also.

So then please answer this so mpj88 can try: "Really? Why don't you be so kind then to tell mpj88 where you found the .inf and .sys on your system when you installed using the device manager, so he can try."

If you can't answer that, is is very likely (not surely) that the driver never was installed by running the .exe and that is why the issue persisted.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    CPU
    P4 3.4 GHz HT
    Motherboard
    MSI-7211
    Memory
    OCZ 2 GB DDR @ 400 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)