DVD drive not visiable.

I removed the sata cord of my DVD drive and connected them to another port on my motherboard and it works fine now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Well I just solved my issue. Apparently you guys were right and I had to move it to another port. Thing is, at first I only tried my top 3, not my bottom remaining 2. (hdd is in 1 of 3) So it seems a whole row of sata ports just doesn't work for me and I just never moved the plug enough times... (who can blame me for giving up after 3 tries? lol)
Someone else mentioned that it may be a Sata controller issue in 8....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 7 & 8
1. Run Command Prompt as an Administrator. Type cmd in Windows 8 Metro UI and press cltr+shift+enter

2. Type following and say enter

reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

3. Reboot the system

4. Verify if the problem has been resolved.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8
Well i have fixed my problem. As i said my Optical drive and old hard drive were IDE, only my new HDD is Sata. I had HDD set to master and optical to slave, but LG say it should now be set to master,at the end of the line still, and the HDD set to slave in the center. I added a new 80 line cable, and set each to cable select. I have no problem now whether in Windows XP, W7, or running W8,in a multiboot. Thanks Kevin and all others for the help.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 pro with Media Center/Windows 7 home pre plus
    System Manufacturer/Model
    self
    CPU
    Intel Pentium E5800-LGA775
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
    Memory
    4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce GT430
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer X193W
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 990
    Hard Drives
    primary 1TB serial ata
    secondary 80GB parallel ata
    Internet Speed
    2500kbs
    Other Info
    Multi boot system, Windows7 ( 64 bit )/ Windows 8 pro ( 64 bit )/ Windows XP sp3 ( 32 bit )/ Ubuntu 64 bit.
Back