DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 8.1 Pro

It's not that the memory is overclocked much; that's not my concern. It's just that it is showing unusually.

See if you can set the bios so that is shows ~667 MHz in the Memory tab.

Also, check that you are using the correct slots. Many motherboards want memory in 1 & 3 instead of 1 & 2. And finally, check that the memory modules you're using are actually compatible with motherboard.

Definitely can't hurt to update bios to newest.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz socket 775, Presler @ ~ 3.2 GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Hyundai 2 GB DDR2 @ 333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS DirectCU II HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5 Radeon HD 7790 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Hard Drives
    1 Seagate Barracuda SATA II system/boot drive 80 GB, 2 Western Digital hdds - 1 is SATA II Caviar Black 1 TB attached to card (assorted media, page, temp), other is SATA I 420 GB (games, media, downloads)
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    stock Gateway cooling, extra large fan in rear of case
    Keyboard
    Alienware/Microsoft Internet kb
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Optimum Online, fast for US
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky integrated into ZoneAlarm+Antivirus
Hi,

Memory should't be showing as overclocked as all settings on default in the BIOS. The memory should be compatible with the board according to Cruical's website, I have also tried some alternative memory model: CML8GX3M2A1600C9 The memory is defiantly in slot 1 and 3 as I followed the manual when inserting the memory into the slots so CPUZ is incorrectly reporting the slots. BIOS reports RAM
frequency as 1333mhz.

Did the minidumps show anything? The system will often now crash when trying to boot into windows or even when it's idle.

My Computer

lol I decided to look again for the heck of it, at other dump I did not see yet and realized something I overlooked.

Uninstall Corsair Link software. It is not compatible with 8(.1), for sure.

(Strange that drivers for it are not showing in crash dumps, but that doesn't matter.)

Enjoy.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Hard Drives
    1 Seagate Barracuda SATA II system/boot drive 80 GB, 2 Western Digital hdds - 1 is SATA II Caviar Black 1 TB attached to card (assorted media, page, temp), other is SATA I 420 GB (games, media, downloads)
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
lol I decided to look again for the heck of it, at other dump I did not see yet and realized something I overlooked.

Uninstall Corsair Link software. It is not compatible with 8(.1), for sure.

(Strange that drivers for it are not showing in crash dumps, but that doesn't matter.)

Enjoy.

Thanks for this, I'll remove it now, I had it installed when I used the 1090T cpu and it was ok, but I'll remove it and see what happens. If that does not work do you know what else I can try?

My Computer

Hi,

I've removed Seatools and Corsair link software the system is still crashing. I have been running some CPU tests and its just crashed cursor won't move. I'm almost running out of ideas as to what to do next, I've flashed the board with all available BIOS's from the makers site to rule out the possibility of an unstable BIOS. I guess I could ask the maker of the board to setup a test system using the exact hardware that I'm using and see if they encounter any issues?

Thanks again for your continued help.

My Computer

Hi,

It was never my intention to avoid carrying out the steps you advised me to do and apologise if my post came across like that. I have again checked the BIOS and these are the following settings that I am given for the memory frequency:

800Mhz
1066Mhz
1332Mhz
1600Mhz
1866Mhz
2132Mhz

Also attached is another CPUZ of the memory and tabs.

My Computer

heh no no - I know that.

ehhh I forget now, but I think last time I saw it, it was slightly higher in freq. That seems close enough to 667.

Not really much else to suggest here besides 3 things.

1) Set Optimized Defaults in bios ans save.

If still crash...

2) Remove a stick of RAM (for testing purposes) and see if it crashes. If it does, replace with other stick and take original out. See if that crashes.

3) RMA the motherboard if necessary. (I think you said you tried new RAM already, right?)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
Hi,
Thanks for the response,

I have done a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro on a spare HDD with only drivers installed and the system stayed up for a day but then it crashed again restarting unexpectedly. Although I don't have any minidumps could you please take a look at the event logs and see if this shows why the system may have restarted?

I've loaded default settings within the BIOS

I'll test with one stick of memory now, I've tested some alternative RAM with the same results.

Many thanks,

My Computer

I've tested with each stick and still get the same results. Do you think the only other option is to RMA the board as it could be something to do with that?

Thanks again

My Computer

Just wondering if you could please advise further as to what I should try next?
Many thanks,

My Computer

Back