Don't hate Windows 8!

Windows 8 takes a lot of getting used to, but it's the best OS made by Microsoft, and could be the best OS ever made by anyone...

Windows 8 is really hard to get used to. Really, really hard.

Don't get me wrong, even when when you're running through the install process, Windows 8 looks absolutely fabulous. Never before has so much elegance been wrought from such basic use of colour and typography. It's beautiful from the get-go.

But when you get to the Start screen -- well, it's really that where it starts to fall apart for people.

I started using Windows 8 full-time on March 1st 2012, just under eight months ago. Soon after starting I wrote a particularly harsh article about what I thought of it. Over the weeks and months that followed, I grew to really enjoy using Windows 8 and -- in all honesty -- regretted being quite so harsh.

Read more at source:
Don't hate Windows 8! | ZDNet

XBMC completely trashed my system, luckily I had a full system image to copy back that which wasn't broken.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows Phone 6, Windows CE 5, Windows Vista x32, Windows 7 x32/x64, Windows 8 x64
XBMC completely trashed my system, luckily I had a full system image to copy back that which wasn't broken.
I don't know what you do to systems Ray, but I've been using it for many, many years, including nightly builds, and have never had one little problem, except for one nightly build which I couldn't get sound on.

If you're worried don't use nightly builds. Actually I downloaded the latest nightly build yesterday.

If you're that worried about it use it on your beloved Mint.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
Back