Continuous Beeping and Laggy Mouse

if you plug in headphones do you still hear the sound?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 (HOME not Pro) 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    (So not very nice) Lenovo Y410P
    CPU
    i7 quad 2.4Gig
    Memory
    16G ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 2gig 755m
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo

supercache2 m2. mini card.
    Antivirus
    Win Defender
my mother had a acer desktop computer with a wired keyboard and mouse.. there was a tiny buzzing sound coming out of the speakers whenever she would move the mouse... this probably isn't the beeping you are getting but till this day it blows my mind how a corded mouse caused the speakers to make noise.. ah radiowaves..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7 quad 2.4Gig
    Memory
    16G ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 2gig 755m
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo

Antivirus
    Win Defender
Yes, the noise happens through the earphone and desktop speakers.
It is definitely a USB issue. Last night, I moved a USB microsoft wireless X-box connector from 1 usb port to another and sadly, got the same issue.
To describe the sound, it is a loud "beep, beep , beep" sound that keeps going. You can control Alt del, but can't use the mouse so can't stop programs to see if they are the cause.

I was really hoping the original poster would add what he was using as I mentioned in an earlier post.
Would be helpful to see if he has the some Asrock MOBO, Steelseries mouse or software running.

I get a bit annoyed when people start a post asking for help then walk away leaving it unattended. If they found an answer or otherwise, would be nice if they kept in contact or signed off.

Kids these days :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
i'm sure it's not a virus but what a great new idea for hackers to try to annoy people.. constant beeps when using their systems..

yah you guys should compare your systems.. because that is definitely not common. did you ever have anyone else ever touch your motherboard? repairs? what have you done personally to the motherboard? i assume you built that system yes? so im guessing it's something you touched.. did water drip anywhere? static electricity.. unfortunately due to it being when you plug in All usb devices it sounds like hardware related if new drivers didn't do it..

just my 2 cents.. not the solution.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Laptop
    CPU
    i7 quad 2.4Gig
    Memory
    16G ram
    Graphics Card(s)
    nvidia 2gig 755m
    Hard Drives
    Samsung 840 Evo

Antivirus
    Win Defender
I'm pretty sure it's something to do with my saitek x52 controller.
I find as long as I don't use the same USB port as say a Microsoft controller and switch one on or off, all seems OK.
It will take some more testing.

As to the above KYHI, I'll count the beeps per mouse touch next time. Thanks for the link.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
OK.. So no number of beeps.. It beeps as long as the mouse is moving or mouse button presses.. If I disconnect the mouse, I can use the keyboard fine. Did a shut down. The computer goes into shutdown but does not shutdown. Have to press the restart. This has been the case every time. So it may be a steel series mouse issue.. Who even knows.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
Issue still happening. Have tried multiple usb configurations.. In ,my op, Its a motherboard issue..
I have sent this mobo back for this issue a year ago. I'm sorry now that i didn't mark it in some way to see if I got the same mobo back or a replacement. Either way, its' a a pain in the back side.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
I had to sign up to here just to reply to the thread...

I had the same problem happen the first time a few months back. I tried to shut down everything through task manager to see what would allow it to recover, but nothing worked until I rebooted it. This happened more than a couple of times, so I uninstalled several things and I thought I was safe.

Until this morning. I've been resisting allowing NVidia to update my drivers because I had suspected it when all this was happening a few months ago, but I allowed it to run today. 3 minutes later the beeper issue happened. I don't recall having two cursors last time, but this time I had a cursor that wasn't moving, and one that would...along with that infernal beeping.

When I moved, I misplaced my DVI cables, so I'm using the two build-in 15-pin connectors. I've completely pulled the GeForce adapter and will remove the NVidia drivers and see if this happens again.

Oh, and when I managed to get my system to reboot I noticed an error in the event logs about an new, uncertified TDI driver that could cause system instabilities.

Anyhow, just wanted to add this into the mix.

System overview:
- mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
- Banished Graphics Adapter: GeForce GTX 550Ti (current suspected culprit)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Server 2012 R2
Thanks
Angivare.
Same mobo as I have. I have a GTX 790 gainward.
Do you have teamspeak installed?
My earphones are creative labs wow wireless.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
I haven't used TS3 while playing games for a few weeks. I then reinstalled TS3 and still no issues but was playing Diablo.
Before starting any other device, I switched on the X52. Instant problem and lock up with beeeeeeep. A restart (reset button) with the joystick already plugged in solved this issue.
So I went for a quick look. Seems Saitek and TS3 use a similar profile? Heres a link. There were others as well so have a look at them too. I'm trying this out now.

Just a moment...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
(edit, I didn't read the whole thread, yet if you haven't tried this, try it out):

Try this:
First, close all important programs and save all things you have open, then
Search for and open Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices -> and delete everything there.
1) If your mouse no longer works, wait like 30 seconds and see if it works again. If it does work, see if the problem is gone.
2) If your mouse no longer works, and waiting doesn't do anything, then restart your computer through your keyboard, (if you know how to). If not, just manually turn it off and on again. After Windows loads, see if the problem is gone.
3) If it still makes noise, I hope someone smarter than me can help you out =)

Good luck

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Professional (64-Bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self Built
    CPU
    Intel Pentium GPU G2020 2.90GHz
    Motherboard
    P8B75-M - CSM
    Memory
    8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VS247
    Screen Resolution
    1280 x 720
Hi I saw this post and signed up to help the troubleshooting as I am having the same issue. I am a Sr Windows Systems Administrator by day and it takes a lot for me to admit that I cannot figure out an issue but I have been troubleshooting this for a few weeks with no resolution.

Here is my build:
Windows 8.1
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150
16 gb of ram
2 AMD 7950s in crossfire
Acer 28 in 4k monitor
Kingston 256 gb SSD
Razor deathadder mouse

Ok so firstly in my searches online I was able to determine a lot of people are having this same issue and a lot of them seemed to pop up fairly recently. Trying to establish a common trend and the only thing I can seem to establish is that they all are running windows 8.1 and like to game on their computers. A lot of people with the razor deathadder have had this issue so for awhile I was going that way but troubleshooting that did not resolve nor did using a different mouse so I can safely say it is one of the many red herrings I have found so far.

Ok here is what I have done to troubleshoot so far:
Downgrade and upgrade drivers for Video card, razor mouse, USB drivers for MoBo, Update bios, Turn crossfire on/off un-install pretty much every game or program imaginable. Do system restore from a week or two ago (was the only one available but did not go far enough), do clean install of windows 8.1 on a different drive. Try various hardware like my monitor/mouse on separate computers (I work in IT I have lots). I even looked up my monitor and tried installing the driver for that since I got my monitor roughly around the same time as the issues appeared (but I can now confirm they still happen on a different monitor). I also tried different cables (display port, mini display port, dual dvi etc).

The issue for me is accompanied by a black flash on the screen. The screen will flash black and then my mouse will be laggy and if I move it or click buttons it makes a beeping sound like morse code. Mouse clicks will buttons will not work and plugging in a different mouse makes no difference. The one savior I have is mouse without borders from another machine allows me to use the mouse from the other computer just fine when mine is not working.

Okay here is a list of other threads I have found that seem to be the same issue:

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61386-mouse-beeps-when-i-click.html
windows 8 - Mouse malfunction with beeping noise - Super User
Strange Beeping/Mouse Unresponsiveness
https://support.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20196
A demonstration of the issue with good old Phantomlord (NSFW Language)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddun9389HVU&ab_channel=remembertomorrow0
another gamer having the same issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti3g3phlUmE&ab_channel=Tichinde925

There are a ton more if you google it enough they all appear to have the same issue and no real resolution for the most part. The only common thread is windows 8.1 and it started recently.

Since I have pretty much done almost everything to troubleshoot this I am leaning towards some random update for windows 8.1 maybe causing this. When I re-installed windows I installed all available updates like a good sysadmin but now I am going to go back and remove all updates installed in the last month and a half and see if that has any effect. I will report back after I am done.

Lets keep this thread going since it seems to be an issue a lot of people are having and it seems to be a lot more complex then a simple driver issue IMHO.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Also I would like to add that several times I thought I had fixed the issue because it would go away for a few days only to return. That is the weird thing about this issue, sometimes it goes days without it and sometimes it happens right after I boot into windows. Sometimes during a game and sometimes just with my desktop open. One thing I am convinced of is that it has to do with high resolution displays in windows 8.1 somehow. I can get the issue to reproduce on my 8.1 machine on my 4k monitor and my 1440p monitor but not with an older 20 inch monitor.

Also while my mouse is doing it's thing I have tried to kill or restart every process I can via task manager and re-install drivers/mouse/video card/usb hubs/etc and nothing seems to recover it except a reboot.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hello

I am having the same problem as kingofthesofas, some problems with the mouse beeping and all and the lagging, and usually before this though there's like a flash on the screen as if something is up with the video driver for a second. Funny thing is I can use the keyboard, and both the keyboard and the mouse are usb 2.0. And you never know when it's going to happen.

I'm running the beta version of Windows 10 build 10041, so I know I should be posting on the windowsten forum there, but this is driving me nuts. This never happened when I used 8.1 or even the previous build of Windows 10 build 9926.

I hope you find a fix kingofthesofas, and good luck in doing so cause I been looking myself for a clue to this. I'm hoping it's just Windows 10 10041 not quite agreeing with my hardware...

I hope on my part there's a new Windows 10 build SOON:)

EG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hello

I am having the same problem as kingofthesofas, some problems with the mouse beeping and all and the lagging, and usually before this though there's like a flash on the screen as if something is up with the video driver for a second. Funny thing is I can use the keyboard, and both the keyboard and the mouse are usb 2.0. And you never know when it's going to happen.

I'm running the beta version of Windows 10 build 10041, so I know I should be posting on the windowsten forum there, but this is driving me nuts. This never happened when I used 8.1 or even the previous build of Windows 10 build 9926.

I hope you find a fix kingofthesofas, and good luck in doing so cause I been looking myself for a clue to this. I'm hoping it's just Windows 10 10041 not quite agreeing with my hardware...

I hope on my part there's a new Windows 10 build SOON:)

EG

Mine is the same as yours my keyboard continues to work after the mouse stops working. Quick question for you what resolution/brand of monitor are you using? I am thinking this has something to do with high resolution displays in windows 8.1 and possibly window 10. I can confirm on my windows 8 box with the same monitor I do not have the same issues. I also wanted to add to my comments earlier that I poured over the windows event logs and even turned up the logging level and I cannot find a single event log entry that correlates with the time of the issues (that is looking for all types warning, error, critical and even normal events).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Also one more thing to add is that I removed all windows updates installed in the last 3 months and rebooted and the issue persists. So I might be ruling out windows updates as a culprit now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back