Can't find video controller driver

jacatone

I've installed Win 8.1 32-bit on an older Dell Latitude D630. I works fine but needs the video controller. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can get it? The info for it is below. tHANKS.

ven_8086dev_2a03subsys_01f91028&rev_0c
Service Tag:hb4cfi

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 Preview
You put an invalid service tag. However, I was able to search on the model number. The newest OS that was shipped with your computer was Vista. I suggest trying the 32-bit Vista driver. Vista is a long distance from 8.1, so I am not optimistic about your success with it.

ven_8086 looks to be Intel. You might try going to the Intel web site and searching for a Windows 8.1 video driver, a Windows 8.0 video driver, or a Windows 7 video driver.

A more successful option would be to get a USB-to-Video adapter. Here are some examples:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...2VS9I0IIF5VIP&rh=n:541966,k:usb+video+adapter

Avoid USB 3.0, because it probably won't be compatible with your computer.

If you can find a PC Card or ExpressCard that provides a video port, that might work for you; and it would probably work better than a USB option. But I have looked all over and can't find one anywhere.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 18.2 xfce 64-bit (host OS) / Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit (virtual machine)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 3847
    CPU
    Haswell
    Memory
    12 GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 23"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080
    Hard Drives
    Two hard drives, 1TB each: One for Linux, one for my data.
    Keyboard
    IBM Model M
    Browser
    Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer
    Antivirus
    Sophos (Linux), Windows Defender (Windows)
    Other Info
    I use Samba to share my data drive with the other computers at my house.
Back