Solved BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR hal.dll+37213

What else is plugged into your motherboard?
- keyboard
- mouse
- CPU
- CD/DVD drive
- modem
- sound card
- USB devices
- USB audio
- Plantronics GameCom
- other devices

I can't recall, have you run Prime95 on that one RAM stick? What were the results?

And, a story....

Back around the time Win7 was getting set to be released, I bought a new motherboard and a hardware RAID card (along with 5 - 10,000 rpm hard drives). I set the RAID up and all was well - for a short while.

I started to get intermittent BSOD's that mostly named the storage controllers. So I tried everything I could think of - and nothing worked. So I started the parts stripdown - and still nothing worked. I even took apart the RAID array and worked off of 1 hard drive - and still had intermittent BSOD's. Frustrated, I decided to purchase another motherboard (it had been over a year that I had tried to fix this - so it was out of warranty).

Going to the motherboard manufacturer's website, I noticed that they had released a new version of my motherboard. The advertisements didn't mention anything about storage problems, nor did it mention anything about new storage features. But as I loved this board, I decided to try the new version.

Imagine my astonishment when I installed it and all of my problems went away! To this day I am convinced that the manufacturer had found a problem with this motherboard and didn't acknowledge it. But the release of v2 must've contained the fix - as my system is still stable today (I gave it to a friend to replace their XP machine).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Samsung/NP780
    CPU
    Came with the laptop (i7 of some sort)
    Motherboard
    Pretty sure that it has one, but haven't checked inside the case!
    Memory
    upgraded to 12 gB from 8 gB
    Graphics Card(s)
    has switchable - Intel/ATI - Used wrong drivers, now ATI card is inop :( Will have to fix it soon!
    Sound Card
    I'm nearly deaf, so this isn't used often
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Touchscreen on laptop/32" Toshiba on HDMI (laid the Sharp TV on a mouse and cracked the screen!)
    Screen Resolution
    800x600
    Hard Drives
    One Samsung 1tB drive - 5400 rpm. Gonna switch to a 7200/10000 rpm or an SSD (if I can find $500 for a 1tB SSD!)
    - Switched to 500 gB Samsung 840 series SSD - WOW!!!
    PSU
    Why do we ask this for laptops?
    Case
    Silver with a neat Samsung logo
    Cooling
    sub-par, gotta get around to working on it soon Worked on it - still sub-par! :(
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural - the same one I've used since it orignally came out around 1995
    Mouse
    no Mouse - Trackball!!!!
    Internet Speed
    too slow when I'm waiting for a download to finish
    Browser
    Yes, I use this (Firefox mostly, w/IE next most)
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender and Windows Firewall
    Other Info
    I'm handsome and a snappy dresser :0)
What else is plugged into your motherboard?
- keyboard
- mouse
- CPU
- CD/DVD drive
- modem
- sound card
- USB devices
- USB audio
- Plantronics GameCom
- other devices

I can't recall, have you run Prime95 on that one RAM stick? What were the results?

And, a story....

Back around the time Win7 was getting set to be released, I bought a new motherboard and a hardware RAID card (along with 5 - 10,000 rpm hard drives). I set the RAID up and all was well - for a short while.

I started to get intermittent BSOD's that mostly named the storage controllers. So I tried everything I could think of - and nothing worked. So I started the parts stripdown - and still nothing worked. I even took apart the RAID array and worked off of 1 hard drive - and still had intermittent BSOD's. Frustrated, I decided to purchase another motherboard (it had been over a year that I had tried to fix this - so it was out of warranty).

Going to the motherboard manufacturer's website, I noticed that they had released a new version of my motherboard. The advertisements didn't mention anything about storage problems, nor did it mention anything about new storage features. But as I loved this board, I decided to try the new version.

Imagine my astonishment when I installed it and all of my problems went away! To this day I am convinced that the manufacturer had found a problem with this motherboard and didn't acknowledge it. But the release of v2 must've contained the fix - as my system is still stable today (I gave it to a friend to replace their XP machine).

My first motherboard (H97-HD3) was actually one that was recommended for the CPU. My new one is kinda the same, just one version earlier (H87-HD3). Sadly it is always the same Bluescreen. Same Error-Code (on Win7), same address. And everything was replaced except the CPU (and the RAM. But as mentioned only 1 Stick that passed 12 consecutive tests with Memtest86+). I ran Prime95 on the CPU this weekend and didn't get any problem until I stopped it after 20mins because it got a bit too hot (Boxed CPU Fan and maybe a bit too less thermal grease, that I just added before). But that doesn't mean much. The CPUs were always random and didn't occur more often under higher CPU usage.
The BSOD code I get on Win7 is 0x0000000124. Some say that it could be related to the CPU voltage, but I am not overclocking and the power supply worked fine with other hardware. So I can't get more than that it is a hardware error from it, just as on Win8.1.
The last time I got this bluescreen was after installing Win7 from a different USB drive on a different HDD. Same error, without drivers installed. The USB devices that were plugged in at this point were my Mouse an keyboard, nothing else. Not even LAN.

But good news! The shop called me back yesterday telling me I can send my CPU back and "let's not pretend anything. It doesn't happen often, but it can be for sure caused by your CPU. Just send it back and we will replace it.". Meanwhile the angry guy (I believe it is something personal at this point) from the law department keeps emailing me, telling me I have to spend at least 500€ to prove it is their fault, and, to quote him, "we deny that there is a fault". I sent my CPU back this morning anyways. Documented everything with photos to be on the save side. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
Well it sounds like you've found someone who is willing to help you! That's good!
As for the lawyer, it's their job to go on the offensive and make you feel like your cause is hopeless.

As you've replaced the motherboard and now the CPU - there's really no reason to pursue the legal stuff any longer.

When you say that everything was replaced, does that include the mouse and keyboard, the CD/DVD drive, etc?
Even the smallest thing can cause problems (as with my earlier story about the telephone modem)

Good luck!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Samsung/NP780
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    has switchable - Intel/ATI - Used wrong drivers, now ATI card is inop :( Will have to fix it soon!
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Touchscreen on laptop/32" Toshiba on HDMI (laid the Sharp TV on a mouse and cracked the screen!)
    Screen Resolution
    800x600
    Hard Drives
    One Samsung 1tB drive - 5400 rpm. Gonna switch to a 7200/10000 rpm or an SSD (if I can find $500 for a 1tB SSD!)
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    sub-par, gotta get around to working on it soon Worked on it - still sub-par! :(
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural - the same one I've used since it orignally came out around 1995
    Mouse
    no Mouse - Trackball!!!!
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Well it sounds like you've found someone who is willing to help you! That's good!
As for the lawyer, it's their job to go on the offensive and make you feel like your cause is hopeless.

As you've replaced the motherboard and now the CPU - there's really no reason to pursue the legal stuff any longer.

When you say that everything was replaced, does that include the mouse and keyboard, the CD/DVD drive, etc?
Even the smallest thing can cause problems (as with my earlier story about the telephone modem)

Good luck!

No, I used the same Keyboard/Mouse. But they have been working fine on at least 4 or 5 different PC's and it occured with 2 different mainboards. It is a Razer Mouse I am using and a Steelseries keyboard that I am also using on my current PC (the one I built together with old hardware I found laying around). I am not using any CD/DVD drive. Well, for now I have to wait for a new CPU and hope it will go as well as the support promised me :)

Btw, their legal department aren't lawyers but just some random guys trying to avoid any kind of replacements as it seems.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
To update and finish this: I got my CPU last weekend, since then no issues anymore. So it was a really weird, really rare error caused by my CPU. The other hardware remains the same. Thanks a lot for your great help :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1
I'm glad to hear that the system is working well now.
Thanks for letting us know!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1Pro - Finally!!!
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Samsung/NP780
    CPU
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    800x600
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    no Mouse - Trackball!!!!
    Internet Speed
    Browser
    Antivirus
    Other Info
Back