Solved BSOD occuring randomly but mostly when I play games.

CPU around 45 C trough 60 while gaming
GPU around 60 C trough 80 while gaming

This are the only 2 parts we look at the moment.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Please do following:
1. run the tool
2. play some game for few minutes
3. minimize the game down by using Windows key
4. look if CPU/GPU temp goes near 100 C and if so take a screenshot

If not play the game for a minute more and repeat the process and so on.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
CPU around 45 C trough 60 while gaming
GPU around 60 C trough 70 while gaming

This are the only 2 parts we look at the moment.
Hi, I just attached a file to show you my temps while gaming. Note: This is only when I first start the game so nothing tense that can cause my gpu and cpu to use more data is happening. So that means that is the coolest I can go while gaming.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
CPU seems to run high, but in order to overheat it you need to play some time, coz CPU temp does not grow instantly but over time.
Take yourself time and play the game in order to either confirm or eliminate this possibility.

I'm having hard time to understand the report, it says CPU max was 105C therefore I would prefer a screenshot in addition to report.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
CPU seems to run high, but in order to overheat it you need to play some time, coz CPU temp does not grow instantly but over time.
Take yourself time and play the game in order to either confirm or eliminate this possibility.

I'm having hard time to understand the report, it says CPU max was 105C therefore I would prefer a screenshot in addition to report.
ahh ok and yes, I get the BSOD halfway through playing the game so it must be overheating for sure. I will send a screenshot in a few hours.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Did you look at CPU temp in regular intervals by minimizing the game? what temperature was there?
Ok so I tried playing the game but unfortunately I could not get screen shots because my laptop auto shut down sooner than I had thought. However, I have evidence which might prove it has indeed overheated.
1) When I minimised my screen while playing the CPU and GPU where in the 90 degrees point.
2) when my laptop shut down it would not turn back on for 5 minutes which might mean it is cooling down.
3) My laptop felt really hot when I touched it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
1) When I minimised my screen while playing the CPU and GPU where in the 90 degrees point.
2) when my laptop shut down it would not turn back on for 5 minutes which might mean it is cooling down.

PC will shut down instantly if CPU goes over 100C max 110C

GPU can afford it self 90C but for CPU it a bit too much.
If your PC is under warranty you will most likely get a free CPU repaste, otherwise you can ask a friend or somebody to do repastement for you, that's not expensive procedure, cca 15 bucks.

In addition clearing dust from PC must be done, coz that causes overheat too for all components.
Improving cooling system also if the above 2 things do not work.

I had the same issue, ignored the fact and my GPU got burned in about 2 months.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise

PC will shut down instantly if CPU goes over 100C max 110C

GPU can afford it self 90C but for CPU it a bit too much.
If your PC is under warranty you will most likely get a free CPU repaste, otherwise you can ask a friend or somebody to do repastement for you, that's not expensive procedure, cca 15 bucks.

In addition clearing dust from PC must be done, coz that causes overheat too for all components.
Improving cooling system also if the above 2 things do not work.

I had the same issue, ignored the fact and my GPU got burned in about 2 months.
Can you get a CPU repaste on a laptop?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8

Yes, that's possible.
It also possible to do it on your own.

But as I said the safest method is to let somebody else who understands the procedure to do it for you.
improper CPU handling can cause more damage than the whole laptop is worth, therefore be careful.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Yes, that's possible.
It also possible to do it on your own.

But as I said the safest method is to let somebody else who understands the procedure to do it for you.
improper CPU handling can cause more damage than the whole laptop is worth, therefore be careful.
Ok and is there anything that I can do to cool down my laptop software wise instead of physical.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Ok and is there anything that I can do to cool down my laptop software wise instead of physical.

There is no such thing as software cooler for laptops.
You can buy an external cooler for laptop, which is put below laptop and provides extra cooling and prevents dust from coming into laptop.

I would not advise this because advantage is very small, you'll be able to play games, but hardware will still suffer from high temp.
Another option is to stop playing games, but thats bad too I guess :D

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise

There is no such thing as software cooler for laptops.
You can buy an external cooler for laptop, which is put below laptop and provides extra cooling and prevents dust from coming into laptop.

I would not advise this because advantage is very small, you'll be able to play games, but hardware will still suffer from high temp.
Another option is to stop playing games, but thats bad too I guess :D
Ok, I think I will mark this thread as solved because if my laptop over heats after doing all the solutions you recommended I am truly screwed. Thanks for the help man. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Back