Blue Screen of Death- IRQL and Pagefault

Norepli,
I am indeed using a wireless keyboard and mouse set, it's a Microsoft 800 desktop set. I'm more than happy to follow the proccedure if it means a trouble free or a diagnosed computer. I only have one stick of ram which holds the 8gb capacity.
OK then, so much for attempting to isolate a bad RAM module. Did you try running the RAM at 1333MHz? Anyway, since your Event logs repeatedly report a problem with a USB device, I might suggest that you try and use wired versions for a while to see if that clears up those errors. The USB errors indicate that an x64 driver resource is unavailable and I don't know if any interference could cause that problem. In addition, they are most likely operating in the 2.4GHZ range and if you are physically close to anything that uses the same frequency (ie, microwaves, some cordless telephones, routers, etc) this could be affecting your mouse and keyboard signals from time to time. However, I don't think they are the cause of your blue screen and I still think your best plan of attack is to start from square 1 and try to isolate your problem as you progress through the installation.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
What I did to the ram was bump up the voltage a bit after reading that some motherboards are a bit iffy with constant voltage supplies. I've raised it to 1.6 v from the 1.5 standard which apparently is fine as its "performance" ram. It's timings are running on a presetxmp with timing 10-10-10-27. That seems to have reduced the bsods. Also I will try to get that reinstall done after school tonight!
Considering what you said about the keyboard, it could be causing some of the screens as when plugged in to my laptop, it caused a driver irql not less or equal error which is the first time my laptop has ever had a bsod

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 3570K
    Motherboard
    Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 660ti
    Sound Card
    Motherboard Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG TV
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA
    PSU
    Thermaltake 530W
    Case
    Zalman Z11
    Cooling
    Stock
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None
It seems that since moving into another room and increasing voltage to the ram, the pc seems to be stable!!! No more usb errors, but 1 direct x bsod.

I have a new graphics card but it's not showing anything in the screen when plugged in. Do I need to let windows runfor a bit to iidentify the card or do I have a new problem. The onboard graphics work fine

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 3570K
    Motherboard
    Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 660ti
    Sound Card
    Motherboard Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG TV
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA
    PSU
    Thermaltake 530W
    Case
    Zalman Z11
    Cooling
    Stock
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None
Hi Yadash,

Sounds like you are making some progress. Can you elaborate on this new graphics card please and did you enable it in the BIOS?

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Turns out it's faulty. I'm getting another on Saturday!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 3570K
    Motherboard
    Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 660ti
    Sound Card
    Motherboard Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG TV
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA
    PSU
    Thermaltake 530W
    Case
    Zalman Z11
    Cooling
    Stock
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None
So I got my new card and the computer is fine, haven't had a bsod in what feels like ages!! I think the extra voltage on the module might have done the trick
Only problem I have now is that NVidia drivers love to crash whilst playing youtube videos :/
I haven't tested any games apart from F1 2012 and that keeps Crashing to desktop

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 3570K
    Motherboard
    Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia GTX 660ti
    Sound Card
    Motherboard Integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG TV
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA
    PSU
    Thermaltake 530W
    Case
    Zalman Z11
    Cooling
    Stock
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None
That's not good at all... try installing your new card in the PCie 2.0 slot and see if that works. See image below:

View attachment 17638

Also, I assume your power supply is at least 450w and you are using the supplementary power connectors; yes?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Follow-up information to my previous suggestion:

The Intel H77 chipset (which you have) only supports the PCI-E 2.0 standard. See image below:

View attachment 17644

I also found this "caution" (on the Geoforce GTX 660 product page) regarding Intel support for PCI-E 3.0:

"GeForce GTX 660 supports PCI Express 3.0. The Intel X79/SNB-E PCI Express 2.0 platform is only currently supported up to 5GT/s (PCIE 2.0) bus speeds even though some motherboard manufacturers have enabled higher 8GT/s speeds."

I have a good feeling about the previous suggestion...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hello Yadash,

How are you making out? Stay in touch and/or at least let us know the final fix please...

Rodney

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Sorry for the late reply, I simply rolled back the drivers for the card, no more dxgmms.sys Bsods, no irql bsods no less or equals either!!

SO it does seem that the slight voltage increase on the Ram module has indeed done the trick as well as rolling back the drivers!

A final thankyou to NOREPLI! Thanks so much for the help and guidance along the way, no longer feeling upset about my investment in my computer :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel i5 3570K
    Motherboard
    Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP
    Memory