Apple and Google had a great Xmas

The Windows Phone 8 handsets are selling well.

can you support this.... cause you mislead us a little bit with the Xbox sales in this same tread, you just multiply by 1000 the sales of the Xbox. May be you can edit this 750 millions, honestly I can't see how you can have make a such big mistake.

Aside why Microsoft don't show us the Xmas sale ? If it was positive they will tell us, peoples always hide what they don't want we see.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Why MS stock flat? Why is Apple stock declining? I think investors have more confidence in the MS plan. They are more diversified also. They may loose in one division, but make it up in others. .

hummmmm if you purchase MS share in 2009 , you have not make a single cent, if you have purchase Apple share in 2009, you triple your investment, you have to look a long therm not at short therm. Apple share will rise again especially if the MS go down like I predict. If you look the general tendency of Apple is going up.

Apple , rising over a 5 years period

chart.gif

MS same price , no profit

chart 2.gif

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
The Windows Phone 8 handsets are selling well.

can you support this.... cause you mislead us a little bit with the Xbox sales in this same tread, you just multiply by 1000 the sales of the Xbox. May be you can edit this 750 millions, honestly I can't see how you can have make a such big mistake.

Aside why Microsoft don't show us the Xmas sale ? If it was positive they will tell us, peoples always hide what they don't want we see.
Latest report shows global Win Phone growth, strong Nokia comeback in the UK | Windows Phone Central

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Why MS stock flat? Why is Apple stock declining? I think investors have more confidence in the MS plan. They are more diversified also. They may loose in one division, but make it up in others. .

hummmmm if you purchase MS share in 2009 , you have not make a single cent, if you have purchase Apple share in 2009, you triple your investment, you have to look a long therm not at short therm. Apple share will rise again especially if the MS go down like I predict. If you look the general tendency of Apple is going up.

Apple , rising over a 5 years period

View attachment 13940

MS same price , no profit

View attachment 13941
I'd be more concerned at the fact that apple lost over 200 dollars in stock price since the summer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
You're right molebo.

Ms did it back to front.

Instead of fixing things a significant proportion do not like - they did the opposite.

Instead of releasing the flagship before Xmas- they are releasing it after the also ran.

The RTM wasn't ready - but still they went ahead.

The only explanation for the last two is that they are worried - they simply couldn't wait.

The explanation for the first is they are in a dominant position and can force through a lot.

About 320m will buy pc's in the next 12 mths because they need to.

Therefore w8 is guaranteed to sell that many.

Only those whio have £1000 or more can think about a mac ( if you consider that a choice). Everybody else has windows on their laptop - good, bad or indifferent.

They are bound to sell at least some tablets and phones as well, just thru sheer presence on the shelves - and again because the ipad is far too expensive for most in developing countries. Nokia is good at pushing out low cost phones - they just happen to have windows on them. There may be some android devices in the picture as well - but with iphone out of the running in developing countries - that guarantees sales of nokia devices.

They could have done so much better.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
The share prices are interesting.

Shows two very different types of investment.

Apple grew at an amazing rate. There was an expectation in some quarters - that rate of growth would continue ( I suspect partly due to predictions that tablet sales would rocket over the next couple of years ).

Now that looks less likely. It looks like Apple will stil be king for the foreseeable future and they will continue to perform strongly - but will not grow at the same rate as before.

MS share price tells a different story.

It shows there is no expectation of growth.

MS will continue to get revenue from their existing deals for some years to come. That keeps a bottom on the share price - not likely to dip below 10 time earnings - there should be safe dividends, but no capital growth in the value.

Even if MS slide - it will be gradual, so unless someone starts a stampede - investors may be able to get out in time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.
ah that's already better. May be we can talk about it

It will include an Xbox motherboard and internals inside of it.

Why would you do that? It's more effort than it is worth. I suspect this is simply just talk and likely won't come to fruition.

It kind of is more effort than it's worth, but considering I won't be using it too often, I would rather have it out of sight and needed when I need it versus just lying there. It's not that difficult to do so, it's just taking an ITX PC internals, or more like a microATX motherboard and a 2.5 inch hard drive, and putting it into a mid size ATX tower. The board will be on the hood of the case, which will be a Dell XPS 600 (modified in length of a few inches), the back ports will easily accessed, as I plan for a 240mm watercooling radiator on top of the case, the PSU will be on the bottom, again the case will be modified to extend further down from the case to hold a standard ATX PSU. Then it just takes some soldering and wiring, boom, Xbox 360 built into a PC.

With my previous rebuild of my old Dell tower, I was actually planning on doing that, as that's when that crazy idea came to mind. But the tower wasn't big enough, the heatsink would had got in way, and things would get cramped overall. But I did decide that when I do build from a new and different case, I would reconsider it. From my projections, this is possible, especially with the Xbox 360 S model.

I prefer less devices lying around being used a few things. I just got rid of my old TV this weekend as my TV tuner card came in the post. I know have better picture quality, great sound from my stereo, and no clunky TV or converter box. Why have it take up space if I only use to watch some late night shows and a few other programs? Beats me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Alright, just let us know when you get it done. I suspect it won't actually happen.

I'd you really aren't going to use it much, I don't see why you would ever put more effort into building it out yourself. A 360 is small, wireless, and takes very little space. I use mine a lot. Games, hbogo, and Netflix player, as well as video streamer, music player and DVD player. Pretty versatile device really.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Self-Built in July 2009
    CPU
    Intel Q9550 2.83Ghz OC'd to 3.40Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1, F12 BIOS
    Memory
    8GB G.Skill PI DDR2-800, 4-4-4-12 timings
    Graphics Card(s)
    EVGA 1280MB Nvidia GeForce GTX570
    Sound Card
    Realtek ALC899A 8 channel onboard audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    23" Acer x233H
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Intel X25-M 80GB Gen 2 SSD
    Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black, 32MB cache. WD1001FALS
    PSU
    Corsair 620HX modular
    Case
    Antec P182
    Cooling
    stock
    Keyboard
    ABS M1 Mechanical
    Mouse
    Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
    Internet Speed
    15/2 cable modem
    Other Info
    Windows and Linux enthusiast. Logitech G35 Headset.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Back