Any way to downgrade windows 8.1 to windows 8? SLOW!!!!

Just got a brand new laptop with windows 8. Upgraded to 8.1 the next day and immediately my browser slowed to a grind. Explorer and chrome. I uninstalled it after a day and now I'm back to lightning fast browsing. I'll keep windows 8 until the problems are worked out of 8.1

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows8
Just do a system refresh which takes off all updates, including 8.1 w/o deleting your personal files. This worked for me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows8
I have 2 laptops. One with SSD and one with 7200RPM hard drive. Using 8.1 fresh install on both and it works smooth & fast.
May be updating from 8 to 8.1 causing problem.

And i have fast boot disabled as i don't need it on SSD anyway (don't want it writing to hyberfil at every shutdown).
And on the laptop with 7200RPM, i noticed no gain in startup performance but sure noticed slow shutdown time, so i disabled it and now it shut down instantly.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS L702X
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-2760QM
    Motherboard
    Intel HM67
    Memory
    Samsung 16GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia Geforce GT 555M
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M4 128GB
    Samsung 1TB
Just got a brand new laptop with windows 8. Upgraded to 8.1 the next day and immediately my browser slowed to a grind. Explorer and chrome. I uninstalled it after a day and now I'm back to lightning fast browsing. I'll keep windows 8 until the problems are worked out of 8.1

So I finally decided to do the upgrade again to 8.1. I figured I was able to roll it back to 8 one time already using the refresh option so why not try? I am happy to say that 8.1 is working like a dream now. No issues, no slow browser. I think my problem was even happening when I rolled back to windows 8. And it was that my wireless gateway was somehow getting out of sync with my laptop, or vise-versa. So all I do is reset the wifi using the network and sharing center on my laptop and voila`. It only happens occasionally and I think it's more a problem with my laptop itself communicating with my wireless gateway. For that I may have to contact my internet provider to get help?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows8
Back