Adding SSD to a brand new Asus laptop

Correct , i bought a brandnew laptop with W8 on it , so embedded key , no need to get a key from Oggus something ;)
(not my habbit to trust a 1 post guy with a link to something i never even heard of)

theog : thanks , but the migration part was already done , was having a problem with upgrading to W8.1

Also noticed the time being of by 1 hour , even with correct timezone and summer savings (correct english ? translated from my language it's " summertime , but pretty sure that aint it).
Fixed it by choosing another time server , but that didn't help my problem , still no update possible.

Disconnect HDD....Then try updating....If successful reformat HDD

We have a winner !

Took out the second disk (original one) and the update went ok the first time :thumb:

Thanks dencal !

Little question , why would i reformat the HDD ? (laptop has 2 slots , i'm leaving the original partitions (OS + recovery) on it as a backup and will use the rest as data disk.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
It would appear that you cloned the SSD not a transfer of Windows....this resulted in conflict due to two copies of Windows on the same computer.
Suggest you do a Clone backup of both the SSD and the HDD (I recommend Easeus Todo free) you can clone partitions.... then format your HDD.
Glad to see you have got it sorted

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
Disconnect HDD....Then try updating....If successful reformat HDD

We have a winner !

Took out the second disk (original one) and the update went ok the first time :thumb:

Thanks dencal !

Little question , why would i reformat the HDD ? (laptop has 2 slots , i'm leaving the original partitions (OS + recovery) on it as a backup and will use the rest as data disk.

Not a good idea to have two ACTIVE drives on the same PC, as you have just find out.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Notebooks x 3

Desktops x 5

Towers x 4
Back