Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


New Norton 360 Public Beta Free Version

  1. #11


    Posts : 5,592
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1


    Testing on Win XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 with no problems, never had BSOD in all years I have used Norton.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #12


    Strictly from BSOD perspective, even the current version causes them on some systems so I stay away
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #13


    Posts : 476
    WCP / Win.7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.


    We don't want this thread to turn onto AV bashing or promoting so in the interest of fairness >
    Reality >
    Norton {Regardless of version} & a few other well known AV's feature as being a contributing cause in BSoD'S.
    It does not mean in ALL cases or that ALL those who use Norton will get a BSoD..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #14


    Brazil, São Paulo
    Posts : 13
    Windows Developer Preview and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    In my view / opinion > yes.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. :P
    Do you have any info on this p0rr4l0k4?
    Hi avalon im never listen anithing about it... im use and works very well here... if have any problems im tell you but at now works very well =)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #15


    Brazil, São Paulo
    Posts : 13
    Windows Developer Preview and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Testing on Win XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 with no problems, never had BSOD in all years I have used Norton.
    ac
    Hi Theog me too use norton for more then 4 years and NEVER see BSOD because the norton.... now talking about outher problems me and BSOD we are intimate hahahaha

    thn for replys guys =) im using it with no problens.. =)
    Last edited by p0rr4l0k4; 12 Oct 2011 at 19:07. Reason: Sorry for doble post ADM can fix it ?? Thnx!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #16


    I bet most people will have no problems with Norton.

    I know so many with it installed or had it installed with no issues other than another av suiting them better.

    I do not see the point in not using Norton just because it may cause a BSOD. All software does. If you post on the Norton forums, they will investigate the problem.

    I do not advise installing this beta, though. Afterall, it is beta software!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #17


    Posts : 476
    WCP / Win.7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.


    Quote Originally Posted by anitac View Post
    I bet most people will have no problems with Norton.

    I know so many with it installed or had it installed with no issues other than another av suiting them better.

    I do not see the point in not using Norton just because it may cause a BSOD. All software does. If you post on the Norton forums, they will investigate the problem.

    I do not advise installing this beta, though. After all, it is beta software!

    Welcome to our Forum anitac.
    While we welcome your comments...
    If / when Norton causes a BSOD on any persons computer they would be best advised to seek help here.
    We have some well respected BSOD experts without peer!
    Last edited by JMH; 22 Oct 2011 at 06:25. Reason: Typo.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #18


    Your anecdotal experiences will vary. Not "all" software causes BSOD's and the vast majority of Norton users do not. BUT it is one of the most frequent malware apps to cause them. After more than 10,000+ analysis' of BSOD's it isnt a leap to say it can cause them on some systems.

    I merely pointed out that those having BSOD's might want to try something else.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #19


    Posts : 520
    Windows 8, x64, DP8102 - Win7 Ultimate x64, Dual Boot


    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
    ... Not "all" software causes BSOD's and the vast majority of Norton users do not. BUT it is one of the most frequent malware apps to cause them. ...
    Norton is malware?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #20


    Posts : 476
    WCP / Win.7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.


    Quote Originally Posted by mikedl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
    ... Not "all" software causes BSOD's and the vast majority of Norton users do not. BUT it is one of the most frequent malware apps to cause them. ...
    Norton is malware?
    mal·ware
      [mal-wair]
    noun Computers.
    Software intended to damage a computer, computer system, or computer network, or to take partial control over its operation:
    Malware | Define Malware at Dictionary.com
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
New Norton 360 Public Beta Free Version
Related Threads
Symantec has released the first Beta of Norton Security. They have combined NIS and NAV into one product. Update: Norton has pulled the Beta. Apparently someone jumped the gun. Jim :cool:
Norton 360 / Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus 21.0 Public Beta Norton 360 / Norton Internet Security / Norton AntiVirus 21.0 Public Beta - Norton Community
Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro
Summary from Wzor-team invite-only blog Most likely, Windows 8 beta will be built before December 24, 2011. But only on January 13 2012 it will be known which escrow build became an official beta. Sometime between January 10 and 14, 2012 on CES 2012 it will be possible to see "some...
more at source..
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook