Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Youtube video quality problem. Is it just me??

  1. #1


    Posts : 52
    Windows 8 Pro

    Youtube video quality problem. Is it just me??


    Whenever I watch this video 9MUSES( on second 30 there is an error as shown in this photo (IE/Chrome/Firefox):



    However this doesnt happen in my dad's laptop (Windows 7) nor on my netbook (Windows XP), is it a Windows 8 problem or just my pc? I just reformatted because of this problem and it is back again . Also I dont remember seeing this weeks ago (Windows 8)

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    San Jose - California
    Posts : 2,847
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64


    It is your video card producing some kind of artifact. Reformat will not help. You might want to download the Video Driver again and re-install it. What resolution did you watch the video with ? 1080P ? 720P ?

    It is better if you re-install in safe mode.

    Win+C->click on Settings->Click on Power-> Hold down SHIFT key then click on Restart
    Click Trouble Shoot->Advanced Option->Startup Settings->Enable Safe Mode then click on Restart
    The PC will reboot -> select enable Safe Mode by select the #
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 52
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    It is your video card producing some kind of artifact. Reformat will not help. You might want to download the Video Driver again and re-install it. What resolution did you watch the video with ? 1080P ? 720P ?

    It is better if you re-install in safe mode.

    Win+C->click on Settings->Click on Power-> Hold down SHIFT key then click on Restart
    Click Trouble Shoot->Advanced Option->Startup Settings->Enable Safe Mode then click on Restart
    The PC will reboot -> select enable Safe Mode by select the #
    Ok, I will try this. I tried all resolutions, it even looks bad in 1080p. I dont remember this problem some weeks ago (i have watched that vid like 100 times). The store that built my pc changed my hdd since it was failing (this monday), do you think that is the problem?

    Also before reformatting (just did this an hour ago) the explorer.exe was crashing I think, and when i could go back to the desktop i checked the icons on the notification area and the one from the audio driver was not there, only the one from antivirus and the catalyst .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4


    Posts : 52
    Windows 8 Pro


    Ok, I couldnt install in safe mode. so i just uninstalled and installed the beta driver from amd site. and problem was still there.

    then i tried to install the via driver from gigabyte site and it gave me the same error I had when I first got my windows 7 pc "We can't find HD audio device", however since i already had audio i just let it like that :S

    then when i got windows 8 i remember that problem so i install it and didnt let it restart when it asked, just install everything and then restart and i had no problem installing the audio driver.

    now the fun thing is that i got the same problem again, and lol the youtube problem was fixed, but now i have no audio

    how can i fix it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    San Jose - California
    Posts : 2,847
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64


    I am surprised you could not install from safe mode. The whole idea to do it in safe mode so that the Video Drivers will not be loaded and let the installer completely remove all of them before installing the new one. Can you try one more time ?
    BTW, would you mind to fill out your system specs so we can help you better.


    EDIT: Just notice that you have some kind of anti virus installed. NO. 1 rule is when installing any new software, always turn off your anti virus software so it will not cause any conflict.
    Last edited by topgundcp; 21 Mar 2013 at 21:39.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 52
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    I am surprised you could not install from safe mode. The whole idea to do it in safe mode so that the Video Drivers will not be loaded and let the installer completely remove all of them before installing the new one. Can you try one more time ?
    BTW, would you mind to fill out your system specs so we can help you better.
    hi, i cant uninstall the program it says i cant have access to windows installer in safe mode....

    mypc:
    i7 3770
    gigabyte z77m d3h
    hd 6570
    ram 4gb
    hdd 1tb seagate

    -----------------

    now i have audio again since i restarted the pc, the problem is still in internet explorer, in chrome looks a bit off (almost not noticeable) could this be a ie problem instead ? can you see it with no problem in ie ?

    --

    i dont have antivirus installed, that was before i reformatted sorry my english is not good.

    right now i only update media center and i saw the problem, installed the drivers and still the problem is there :S
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Quote Originally Posted by qwetymikey View Post
    Whenever I watch this video 9MUSES( on second 30 there is an error as shown in this photo (IE/Chrome/Firefox):



    However this doesnt happen in my dad's laptop (Windows 7) nor on my netbook (Windows XP), is it a Windows 8 problem or just my pc? I just reformatted because of this problem and it is back again . Also I dont remember seeing this weeks ago (Windows 8)
    I have played the video on my Windows 7 box and no problems. I have also played the video on my Windows 8 laptop and get the video problem at the same spot I have different drivers than you so I do not think it is a driver issue it is a Windows 8 issue.
    I also have Mint on the same laptop and do not have the video problem there either that leaves out hardware problems on my end.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 52
    Windows 8 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    I have played the video on my Windows 7 box and no problems. I have also played the video on my Windows 8 laptop and get the video problem at the same spot I have different drivers than you so I do not think it is a driver issue it is a Windows 8 issue.
    I also have Mint on the same laptop and do not have the video problem there either that leaves out hardware problems on my end.
    wow thanks, some questions

    did you try in chrome?

    do you have flash installed ??

    i know chrome and ie have flash installed now but i installed the active x plugin, or i dont know the name to use instead of the ppapi one from chrome since it has a problem with gifs

    i dont have the flash player now and the problem is NOT in chrome....
    I disabled the shockwave add on in explorer and the problem was gone from ie too.

    so i am thinking that this is a problem of flash and Windows 8
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Quote Originally Posted by qwetymikey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    I have played the video on my Windows 7 box and no problems. I have also played the video on my Windows 8 laptop and get the video problem at the same spot I have different drivers than you so I do not think it is a driver issue it is a Windows 8 issue.
    I also have Mint on the same laptop and do not have the video problem there either that leaves out hardware problems on my end.
    wow thanks, some questions

    did you try in chrome?

    do you have flash installed ??

    i know chrome and ie have flash installed now but i installed the active x plugin, or i dont know the name to use instead of the ppapi one from chrome since it has a problem with gifs

    i dont have the flash player now and the problem is NOT in chrome....
    I disabled the shockwave add on in explorer and the problem was gone from ie too.

    so i am thinking that this is a problem of flash and Windows 8
    I have flash installed on both computers. I only use Firefox on the W7 and Waterfox on W8. Mint uses Firefox. I do not have Chrome installed on either computer. I do not use IE.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 52
    Windows 8 Pro


    I installed windows 7 and I still got the problem? why ?????
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Youtube video quality problem. Is it just me??
Related Threads
So I've decided to record me covering a song today, but about 30 seconds withing the recording the sound quality just drops and sounds like something was placed over the mic giving it a muddy sound. Any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance! c:
Whenever I go full screen on youtube it looks terrible. I have searched and searched and have no idea how to fix this. Can't even find someone with a similar problem. Blurry and 256 colours. Something similar happens to the desktop when I leave fullscreen from VLC or VirtualBox. That makes sense...
Checking my audio quality levels, I noticed my default setting was 24bit 48000hz (studio quality.) Is that a setting I should continue using? The only sound output device i'm using are only a pair of Skullcandy ear phones, in-regards to that i'm assuming such a level isn't needed for playback....
I have alot of mp4 music videos that I would like to convert to wav or flac. Can anyone recommend the best software for doing this on windows 8?
Since installing Windows 8, the audio quality in any MP4 files is distorted and echoes. This happens regardless of what player I use to view them (You Tube, iTunes, Media Player). If I play a professional video in You Tube it is OK. All other types of video are fine and all other sound output...
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook