Solved Youtube video quality problem. Is it just me??

qwetymikey

Whenever I watch this video 9MUSES( on second 30 there is an error as shown in this photo (IE/Chrome/Firefox):

x3u0s2.png

However this doesnt happen in my dad's laptop (Windows 7) nor on my netbook (Windows XP), is it a Windows 8 problem or just my pc? I just reformatted because of this problem and it is back again :(. Also I dont remember seeing this weeks ago (Windows 8)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770
It is your video card producing some kind of artifact. Reformat will not help. You might want to download the Video Driver again and re-install it. What resolution did you watch the video with ? 1080P ? 720P ?

It is better if you re-install in safe mode.

Win+C->click on Settings->Click on Power-> Hold down SHIFT key then click on Restart
Click Trouble Shoot->Advanced Option->Startup Settings->Enable Safe Mode then click on Restart
The PC will reboot -> select enable Safe Mode by select the #

My Computer

System One

• OS
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97
    Memory
    16 GB G-Skill Trident X @2400MHZ
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Sound Card
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual HP-W2408
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    256 GB M2 sm951, (2) 500GB 850EVO, 5TB, 2 TB Seagate
    PSU
    Antec 850W
    Case
    Antec 1200
    Cooling
    Danger Den H20
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Logitech Performance Mouse MX
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
It is your video card producing some kind of artifact. Reformat will not help. You might want to download the Video Driver again and re-install it. What resolution did you watch the video with ? 1080P ? 720P ?

It is better if you re-install in safe mode.

Win+C->click on Settings->Click on Power-> Hold down SHIFT key then click on Restart
Click Trouble Shoot->Advanced Option->Startup Settings->Enable Safe Mode then click on Restart
The PC will reboot -> select enable Safe Mode by select the #

Ok, I will try this. I tried all resolutions, it even looks bad in 1080p. I dont remember this problem some weeks ago (i have watched that vid like 100 times). The store that built my pc changed my hdd since it was failing (this monday), do you think that is the problem?

Also before reformatting (just did this an hour ago) the explorer.exe was crashing I think, and when i could go back to the desktop i checked the icons on the notification area and the one from the audio driver was not there, only the one from antivirus and the catalyst .

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770
Ok, I couldnt install in safe mode. so i just uninstalled and installed the beta driver from amd site. and problem was still there.

then i tried to install the via driver from gigabyte site and it gave me the same error I had when I first got my windows 7 pc "We can't find HD audio device", however since i already had audio i just let it like that :S

then when i got windows 8 i remember that problem so i install it and didnt let it restart when it asked, just install everything and then restart and i had no problem installing the audio driver.

now the fun thing is that i got the same problem again, and lol the youtube problem was fixed, but now i have no audio :(

how can i fix it

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770
I am surprised you could not install from safe mode. The whole idea to do it in safe mode so that the Video Drivers will not be loaded and let the installer completely remove all of them before installing the new one. Can you try one more time ?
BTW, would you mind to fill out your system specs so we can help you better.

EDIT: Just notice that you have some kind of anti virus installed. NO. 1 rule is when installing any new software, always turn off your anti virus software so it will not cause any conflict.

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual HP-W2408
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec 850W
    Case
    Antec 1200
    Cooling
    Danger Den H20
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
I am surprised you could not install from safe mode. The whole idea to do it in safe mode so that the Video Drivers will not be loaded and let the installer completely remove all of them before installing the new one. Can you try one more time ?
BTW, would you mind to fill out your system specs so we can help you better.

hi, i cant uninstall the program it says i cant have access to windows installer in safe mode....

mypc:
i7 3770
gigabyte z77m d3h
hd 6570
ram 4gb
hdd 1tb seagate

-----------------

now i have audio again since i restarted the pc, the problem is still in internet explorer, in chrome looks a bit off (almost not noticeable) could this be a ie problem instead ? can you see it with no problem in ie ?

--

i dont have antivirus installed, that was before i reformatted sorry my english is not good.

right now i only update media center and i saw the problem, installed the drivers and still the problem is there :S

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770
Whenever I watch this video 9MUSES( on second 30 there is an error as shown in this photo (IE/Chrome/Firefox):

x3u0s2.png

However this doesnt happen in my dad's laptop (Windows 7) nor on my netbook (Windows XP), is it a Windows 8 problem or just my pc? I just reformatted because of this problem and it is back again :(. Also I dont remember seeing this weeks ago (Windows 8)

I have played the video on my Windows 7 box and no problems. I have also played the video on my Windows 8 laptop and get the video problem at the same spot I have different drivers than you so I do not think it is a driver issue it is a Windows 8 issue.
I also have Mint on the same laptop and do not have the video problem there either that leaves out hardware problems on my end.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
I have played the video on my Windows 7 box and no problems. I have also played the video on my Windows 8 laptop and get the video problem at the same spot I have different drivers than you so I do not think it is a driver issue it is a Windows 8 issue.
I also have Mint on the same laptop and do not have the video problem there either that leaves out hardware problems on my end.

wow thanks, some questions

did you try in chrome?

do you have flash installed ??

i know chrome and ie have flash installed now but i installed the active x plugin, or i dont know the name to use instead of the ppapi one from chrome since it has a problem with gifs

i dont have the flash player now and the problem is NOT in chrome....
I disabled the shockwave add on in explorer and the problem was gone from ie too.

so i am thinking that this is a problem of flash and Windows 8

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770

wow thanks, some questions

did you try in chrome?

do you have flash installed ??

i know chrome and ie have flash installed now but i installed the active x plugin, or i dont know the name to use instead of the ppapi one from chrome since it has a problem with gifs

i dont have the flash player now and the problem is NOT in chrome....
I disabled the shockwave add on in explorer and the problem was gone from ie too.

so i am thinking that this is a problem of flash and Windows 8

I have flash installed on both computers. I only use Firefox on the W7 and Waterfox on W8. Mint uses Firefox. I do not have Chrome installed on either computer. I do not use IE.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
Why is it Windows 8 problem ? It is more the problem because of driver issue. I played the Video on both my Windows 8 PC's with NVIDIA GeForce and I have no problem with it. Don't forget OP is using a beta driver for his Video card and drivers for Windows 7 is already out for a while.

BTW, is it Korean Singers ? They're good.

Cheers !!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Sound Card
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dual HP-W2408
    Screen Resolution
    1920X1200
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Antec 850W
    Case
    Antec 1200
    Cooling
    Danger Den H20
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Internet Speed
    35/12mbps
    Browser
    Firefox
Why is it Windows 8 problem ?

I thought that labeeman's explanation was clear enough.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
Hi there
Youtube video quality depends on 4 things

1) YOUR display resolution and quality which means correct drivers installed and decent hardware in the first place.
2) Source Video's resolution and quality
3) Skill of the creator of the video -- sometimes people can be a bit amateur and these videos can be jerky and have the quality of a cheap VHS videocorder.
4) Your Internet speed -- if you want to look at say an HD stream and you have a slow internet connection --forget it.

Unless all 4 items are top quality the video you see is liklely to be very poor indeed. Audio should never be a problem --but given the days of people thinking Music should sound like highly compressed mp3's when using those horrible Bud type earphones - a lot of the audio is actually TERRIBLE even when the video is passable.

HINT to video makers -- same to people leaving messages on voice mail. You need to speak VERY SLOWLY and CLEARLY -- you need to speak SLOWER than normal converstational speed. Play the thing back to yourself before uploading it - or "Guinea pig a friend" with it.

I always inwardly grown if I'm looking for an explanation on how to do something -- and all I can find are YouTube videos. - I'd prefer a power point explanation or something like that so I can stop easilyre-do the bits I'm stuck with. YouTube is fine for say a LECTURE or a movie clip - but as a tutorial --NO THANKS.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Why is it Windows 8 problem ? It is more the problem because of driver issue. I played the Video on both my Windows 8 PC's with NVIDIA GeForce and I have no problem with it. Don't forget OP is using a beta driver for his Video card and drivers for Windows 7 is already out for a while.

BTW, is it Korean Singers ? They're good.

Cheers !!!

It is a Flash issue there is a newer or different version on my W7 box (flash 11.6.602.171) W8 (flash 11.5.xxx.xxx) Mint (flash 11.2.xxx.xxx)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
hi guys,

this is what i have so far:

PCs with problem

• My pc: AMD Radeon HD 6570, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (I reformat since I thought it was an W8 problem) has the problem on IE. Chrome doesnt, however if If do this then the problem appears:

crome_disable_screen_for_vc.gif

• My Brother's laptop: AMD Radeon (dont know version atm), Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, has problem on IE, doesnt have it on chrome.

No problem:

• My Dad's laptop: Intel Integrated graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium
  • My Netbook: Intel Integrated graphics, Windows XP Home Basic.

They all have the same version of flash instaled:

tJsV1Ny.png

So I think it is a AMD problem with flash player, since the guy with no problem said he has nvidia ??

Labeeman what is a windows 7 box, a virtual pc on your laptop? what are your specs >_<

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770
hi guys,

this is what i have so far:

PCs with problem

• My pc: AMD Radeon HD 6570, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (I reformat since I thought it was an W8 problem) has the problem on IE. Chrome doesnt, however if If do this then the problem appears:

View attachment 18808

• My Brother's laptop: AMD Radeon (dont know version atm), Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, has problem on IE, doesnt have it on chrome.

No problem:

• My Dad's laptop: Intel Integrated graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium
  • My Netbook: Intel Integrated graphics, Windows XP Home Basic.

They all have the same version of flash instaled:

View attachment 18809

So I think it is a AMD problem with flash player, since the guy with no problem said he has nvidia ??

Labeeman what is a windows 7 box, a virtual pc on your laptop? what are your specs >_<

My Windows 7 box (computer) is a AMD cpu desktop with a NVIDIA graphics card. The laptop is a Intel 7 cpu with NVIDIA. The only difference is the Flash versions the 7 box has 11.6 and the 8 laptop has 11.5 (this one has the problem with the video). Mint (linux) uses 11.2 does not have the problem. Mint is also on the laptop.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
My Windows 7 box (computer) is a AMD cpu desktop with a NVIDIA graphics card. The laptop is a Intel 7 cpu with NVIDIA. The only difference is the Flash versions the 7 box has 11.6 and the 8 laptop has 11.5 (this one has the problem with the video). Mint (linux) uses 11.2 does not have the problem. Mint is also on the laptop.

hmm now i am more confused than i was before lol.
do you think installing an older version of flash will solve this?
If I had known it was a flash problem only I wouldnt have reformatted :'(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770

hmm now i am more confused than i was before lol.
do you think installing an older version of flash will solve this?
If I had known it was a flash problem only I wouldnt have reformatted :'(

The Flash Versions that I have are newer than the ones you have posted. I do not have problems with the 11.6.602.171 but do have problems with the 11.5.xxx.xxx Flash. It is not a driver issue as you would have other problems also.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
The Flash Versions that I have are newer than the ones you have posted. I do not have problems with the 11.6.602.171 but do have problems with the 11.5.xxx.xxx Flash. It is not a driver issue as you would have other problems also.

I have flash version 11.6.602.180. I tried to install your 171 version but it wouldnt let me because it says its too old.
I uninstalled the active X flash player and IE doesnt have the problem anymore.

I think i will leave it like this :S if i find the solution i will post back (firefox still have problem)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    I7 3770
OP,
why don't we try to turn off accelerator to see if it helps with firefox.
Right click on the video->Settings and untick the accelerator.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Brewed
    CPU
    I7 4970K OC'ed @4.7 GHz
    Motherboard
    MSI-Z97