Windows Phone 8.1 Action Center - Open
Join Date: Jul 2009
How to Open the Action Center in Windows Phone 8.1
Windows Phone 8.1 introduces the Action Center to quickly see notifications like email, texts, and social media updates in. You can also access five personalized quick actions at the top, so you can easily switch on and off Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, and more. The Action Center also includes a link to All Settings to help getting to your system and application settings faster.
This tutorial will help show you how to open the Action Center to quickly see any notifications and perform quick actions in your Windows Phone 8.1.
- You can turn on/off actions by tapping on their button at the top.
- You can read and app notifications at the bottom.
- You can clear single notifications by sliding one to the right.
- You can also clear a notification by tapping on it to open it. Once opened and read, it will be removed.
- You can clear all notifications by tapping on Clear All at the top right just above notifications and below actions.
EXAMPLE: Windows Phone 8.1 Action Center video
NOTE: Video looks best if viewed in full screen.
1. While on your phone's lock screen or other screen, swipe down from the top.
2. Drag/flick the bar to the bottom of your phone's screen.
3. The Action Center is now opened.
4. When finished, you can close the Action Center by dragging/flicking the bottom bar to the top of the screen.