Windows Store Error - 0x80244022 - Unable to purchase apps

Was getting the same error this afternoon. Followed jbeans47 link and ran the fixit and working now.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
i do not use the windows store much...

I don't use the windows store much so i do not know how long i have been having this problem...
I went to use it last night and i got this error code. I figured it would fix itself as windows usually does, but no.
Ive been trying to fix this problem for approximately 4 hours now. I have found every possible solution on the net, to no avail. I'm so glad I came across this forum... I signed up just to comment on this thread. I'm sick of the random problems my surface rt 2 has been giving me since I bought it a few months ago. If Microsoft does not resolve this issue like the post above claims it will do so, this device is being SOLD and I will be switching, unhappily, to the iPad.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Tablet
    System Manufacturer/Model
    surface rt 2
    Memory
    Browser
    IE
Please microsoft fix this

Just signed up for this forum just to post on this thread (my previous posting did not work and I lost my entire post so i thought i should test first). So yeah I just signed on to this forum to post on this thread because I am sick and tired of problems with my Microsoft surface rt 2. I bought it a few months ago, I love the device but when Microsoft stops working its a nightmare. This most recent error is the worst. Although I don't use the store much (because, lets face it, most of the apps are a joke) I needed it to work last night. And surprise surprise! The time I need it Microsoft fk's up the system. I've been sitting here for the last 4 hours researching the net, applying every solution I find and having them not work. I'm glad I found this thread so that now I know Microsoft is working on an issue (if they actually are, that is). I will wait a couple days for a fix, and if that does not come, ill unfortunately be selling this tablet and be replacing it with, sadly, an iPad. Everyone I know has an iPad and has NO ISSUES EVER. PLEASE FIX THIS MICROSOFT I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO APPLE !!!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Tablet
    surface rt 2
    Memory
    Browser
    IE
oops

WELL sorry for bombing the thread apparently my first post did work. What a surprise not even a windows forum works properly. lol

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Tablet
    surface rt 2
    Memory
    Browser
    IE
BUT CAN I JUST SAY I AM SO SICK OF THIS
jbeans47 link doesn't work for me as I have windows rt

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    Tablet
    surface rt 2
    Memory
    Browser
    IE
Have had problems for MONTHS with the Store & Apps not working.

Just now deleted ALL my Apps. :)
{2.22 GBs removed}

Will see how things go. :)

screenshot_181.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gateway
    CPU
    AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
    Memory
    Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
    Screen Resolution
    Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    AMD K140
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name AMD K140
    Package Socket FT1 BGA
    Technology 40nm
    Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Family F
    Extended Family 14
    Model 2
    Extended Model 2
    Stepping 0
    Revision ON-C0
    Instruction
    Browser
    Opera 24.0
    Antivirus
    Avast Internet Security
jbeans47 post #21 did not work for me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Tablet
    Surface Pro 3
    Memory
    4 GB
Having a little trouble here with downloading apps from the store.

I'm getting an error: "Something happened and your purchase can't be completed. Error code: 0x80244022". This is for a free app.

I've Googled and very little comes up. I've performed the Windows Store Reset as well as the Windows Update Repair (despite Windows update working properly) to no avail.

One site suggested converting the user account to a local account from a Microsoft Account, but that didn't work either.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've experienced this issue before and the solution was to make sure the time and date are up to date on your computer. Make sure that you sync the time with time.windows.com

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 & windows 8.1
My Apps now appear to be updating ok. I suppose it was the earlier referenced MS server issue and they've now managed to fix it.

Having said that, I think the syncing of apps between my laptop and my Dell tablet maybe a little screwed up - In Windows Store, Account, My Apps, selecting 'Apps not installed on this PC', it's listing Apps that are in fact installed and working on this PC. Not sure if this mis-information is relative to the problem being experienced in this thread or just a 'red herring'.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Im working on this---

screenshot_182.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Gateway
    CPU
    AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
    Memory
    Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
    Screen Resolution
    Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    AMD K140
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name AMD K140
    Package Socket FT1 BGA
    Technology 40nm
    Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Family F
    Extended Family 14
    Model 2
    Extended Model 2
    Stepping 0
    Revision ON-C0
    Instruction
    Browser
    Opera 24.0
    Antivirus
    Avast Internet Security
WindowsStoreError - 0x80244022 - Seems to have been fixed

Reading various posts, it seems to have a real server error on the Microsoft side due to being overloaded.

One post noted things should be working today (11/16/2014).

For me, that is correct. I was able to download Kindle.

Thanks to all those that posted in this forum. I just joined last night and was wildly helpful. :thumb:

Cheers

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Back