Windows Blue upgrades maybe shown in leaked videos

Leaked videos that hit the Web today hint at a host of possibilities for Microsoft's next Windows release, codenamed Blue. Not only does it look like there might be improvements across the operating system, but also the speech recognition feature in Windows Phones could get a noteworthy upgrade.

[video=youtube;utbVYi8UurA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=utbVYi8UurA[/video]

[video=youtube;iY4S5BQWTMA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY4S5BQWTMA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Read more at source:
Windows Blue upgrades maybe shown in leaked videos | Microsoft - CNET News

It's always interesting to see how resistant to change the younger generations are. I find the changes in Windows 8 challenging in some areas but so is life. I always thought with changes hitting us constantly that the younger generations would be more resilient but I guess not.
I think it's more the older generations that are having problems, although I'm in that league and don't have any problems and I'm sure many others aren't.
I personally think Windows 8 is a bold step into the future, something Microsoft needed to do for a long time. Is it 100% perfect, probably not but its a very good first step. I'm dying to see what Blue will bring, I like playing around with a new OS. I've got Mint, Ubuntu and Puppy Linux installed, but every time I use them I miss Windows 8 and it's simplicity to zip around.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 7 64 Bit64Bit/Windows XP
You must live in Munich to get that many oldies to sign up for a Computer class, wow.
This is in my winter quarters in Florida. And they don't all sign up for classes. 800+ is the total number of club members. Many are not very active.

For the things these oldies do, they would never have to leave Metro and if they don't leave Metro it is easier than IOS. They should actually be using RT, maybe MS should have made it so that you can use that on a Notebook.
Probaly true. But they just don't want the whole thing.
What part of Southern Germany do you come from I love it down there, the people are completely different to the North and the food is great. I love the little Bad villages like Bad Winfen etc and also the villages in Austria around the border, a very beautiful part of the planet.

My first day in Germany I stopped along the border where about 3 or 4 countries meet and had something to eat in a beautiful little restaurant surrounded by the Alps. I told the lady that I didn't know Switzerland had such nice food, she said that's because you're in Germany.

My Computer

System One

• OS
I live in Bad Liebenzell in the Black Forest. But I was born near Berlin. This is the view out of my living room:

004.JPG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    2xHP, 2xGateway, 1xDell, 1xSony
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
I live in Bad Liebenzell in the Black Forest. But I was born near Berlin. This is the view out of my living room:

View attachment 18925
I don't know why they call those villages Bad, they're really not that Bad.

I must have nearly driven past your house, I drove from Salzburg to Munich then Stuttgart and Manheim then drove along the Rhine to see all the old Castles and the mad brothers or whatever.
Where you live looks a little like Austria around Ludwicks Castle and around St Wolfgang and Halstadt from memory, like I said a beautiful part of the world.
No good me taking a photo out of my living room all you see is other houses, that's probably why I like travelling a lot. Actually that photo reminds me of every German village, there's always a lot of churches.

My Computer

System One

• OS
The word 'Bad' means 'Spa'. People come there for curing all kinds of ailments. We have a big spa complex with 3 swimming pools, sauna and therapist rooms for all kinds of treatments. It is on the next lot down from my house (steep hill) at a distance of 100 meters. Next to it is a big park like this.

SANY1014.JPG

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
The word 'Bad' means 'Spa'. People come there for curing all kinds of ailments. We have a big spa complex with 3 swimming pools, sauna and therapist rooms for all kinds of treatments. It is on the next lot down from my house (steep hill) at a distance of 100 meters. Next to it is a big park like this.

View attachment 18926
You don't have to convince me, I love Europe, hopefully going again in a couple of months, France, Spain and Portugal although I wouldn't mind going back through Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

We went to America a few months ago, November, we were going to Florida and Miami but it was just after the big storm on the East Coast, I thought flights might have been to chaotic so we just went to Hawaii, Las Vegas and Los Angeles. It was just as well a lady told me it was freezing in November. I never knew it could get that cold in Florida even the Grand Canyon wasn't as cold.

Better get back on track or we'll have to start another forum. Anyway I love your village.

My Computer

System One

• OS

View attachment 18925

Nice place Germany I spent 2 years in Ansbach. Me and the wife were married in Bechhofen. Daughter born in Nuremberg.
Have really missed the good German beer.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
    Around 13 million employes
It's funny that people always remember the beer. I don't drink beer, but wine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Vista and Win7
    Hard Drives
    5 SSDs and 12 HDs
Oh dear , the same old myths being trotted out.

Change for the worse = bad.

Change for the better = good.

Why is that so hard for some to understand.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
It's funny that people always remember the beer. I don't drink beer, but wine.
Beer is goot, Munich beer is gooter, Austrian beer is goot and cheap. Are you sure you're German whs that wine drinking is more of a French thing, although I drink it a bit more in the last few years.

My Computer

System One

• OS

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
There you go, stick with win 7 and explore chromebooks.

He has a point. MS may be driving people to do just that.

FYI the remaining start menu code has been completely excised from Blue.

An indication of where MS are going. They may be going on their own, with just a few obsessives following obediently behind.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop

An indication of where MS are going. They may be going on their own, with just a few obsessives following obediently behind.

Looks like Windows Blue will have to be cheaper than free for me to even try if they have striped the code out so that Classic Shell won't work.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7/8 Mint
    lenovo W530
    CPU
    intell i7
    Motherboard
    Lenovo
    Memory
    16gb
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    512 gb ssd
    Other Info
My God, was I drunk or did this JUST happen?!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :dinesh: :party: :dinesh: :party:

Microsoft knows me so well because from what I've seen with the leaked Blue videos, EVERY little bit so far I wanted to see in 8 is there! WOW!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014

The Sky is Falling, The Sky is Falling

Are you guys serious or am I in some Boy Scout group here.

My Computer

System One

• OS
My God, was I drunk or did this JUST happen?!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :dinesh: :party: :dinesh: :party:

Microsoft knows me so well because from what I've seen with the leaked Blue videos, EVERY little bit so far I wanted to see in 8 is there! WOW!
Have a look at the other side though, they're like rabbits caught in a spotlight, frozen with fear, and the light hasn't even been turned on yet.

This is actually starting to get funny:dinesh::dinesh::p

My Computer

System One

• OS
They have been faffing with app windowing.

The tiny number of coke robot clones will need nappies. Maybe MS should supply them to go with the pre school UI.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Back