Windows 8′s market share finally surpasses desktop Linux

Coke seems to have a pathological hatred of the mouse and the start menu.

I don't know if there is any treatment available for that.

You have to feel sorry for him.

Maybe he means one of those disease-carrying-ugly-type ones that bite.... :think:
Those from the PC desk are OK to me. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP Envy DV6 7250
    CPU
    Intel i7-3630QM
    Motherboard
    HP, Intel HM77 Express Chipset
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD4000 + Nvidia Geforce 630M
    Sound Card
    IDT HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15.6' built-in + Samsung S22D300 + 17.3' LG Phillips
    Screen Resolution
    multiple resolutions
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 250GB + Hitachi HDD 750GB
    PSU
    120W adapter
    Case
    small
    Cooling
    laptop cooling pad
    Keyboard
    Backlit built-in + big one in USB
    Mouse
    SteelSeries Sensei
    Internet Speed
    slow and steady
    Browser
    Chromium, Pale Moon, Firefox Developer Edition
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    That's basically it.
Coke seems to suffer from a pathological hatred of the mouse and the start menu.

I don't know if there is any treatment available for that.

You have to feel sorry for him.

You have a pathological hatred against anything new....

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
Back in 1987 I went out and bought a Mac Plus computer which came with the mouse. Now prior to having a computer without a mouse you had to now all the keyboard short cuts. After about a week of using the mouse I knew that going backward to keyboard short cuts would never happen. When people came by to visit they would see me working with the mouse and laugh, and of course I would look at them and say something truly profound like the mouse will be the way of the future in computing, and of course they would laugh.

Fast forward to today, and the mouse is the only true way to work within the computing environment. Touch is nice, albeit you cannot work with CAD programs, drawing programs (Canvas 14, Illustrator, etc.), or any program which requires a really fine touch. I mean can you see Thomas Kindaid, or Lee Bogle (uses air brush to do his beautiful water colors) using touch to do their work.

Touch is nice, but will it take the place of the mouse; in truth no.
I know right, if the thinking that some have with touch applied to way back when the Palo Alto researchers presented the GUI and mouse to the Xerox executives that just laughed at them and poshed it off, we'd still be using DOS, or have had the GUI and mouse be introduced in the '90s. If it wasn't for apple, that would basically be the story.

A mouse is nice, but not like touch. Go ahead and laugh, but in 10 years, I'll be the one mocking everyone else for their stubbornness and shortsightedness. :geek:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
Coke, just a question.... how do you right-click with your finger?
I mean, I don't want a link as an answer. I want you to actualy type the answer here and realize how long it is to do such basic task without a mouse.
Eventualy the mouse will disapear but it won't be because of bulky touch screens which are by essence as unprecise as the diameter of your smallest finger. Whereas the mouse has practicaly a by-the-pixel definition.
Hopachi, just to have to carry the tower, and plug it where there are monitor, mouse and keyboard and everything, is not that difficult. It's the accessories which are boring. Same problem with laptop. Carrying an external HDD is already much more a hassel.
Lee It's interresting to note that despite the universal use of the mouse, keyboard shortcuts didn't disapear neither. They are much faster to use when you are typing because your fingers are already on the keyboard. It takes some memory space to function, I mean memory in your brain to remember them, but that's another story. I even copy text using only keyboard sometimes.
That means that even if touch become universaly adopted as mouse replacement, and easier for some tasks, mice may still used for other tasks. I see touch rather an supplemental input deice rather than a replacemental one.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    w9x
I mean, I don't want a link as an answer. I want you to actualy type the answer here and realize how long it is to do such basic task without a mouse.
Eventualy the mouse will disapear but it won't be because of bulky touch screens which are by essence as unprecise as the diameter of your smallest finger. Whereas the mouse has practicaly a by-the-pixel definition.
Hopachi, just to have to carry the tower, and plug it where there are monitor, mouse and keyboard and everything, is not that difficult. It's the accessories which are boring. Same problem with laptop. Carrying an external HDD is already much more a hassel.
Lee It's interresting to note that despite the universal use of the mouse, keyboard shortcuts didn't disapear neither. They are much faster to use when you are typing because your fingers are already on the keyboard. It takes some memory space to function, I mean memory in your brain to remember them, but that's another story. I even copy text using only keyboard sometimes.
That means that even if touch become universaly adopted as mouse replacement, and easier for some tasks, mice may still used for other tasks. I see touch rather an supplemental input deice rather than a replacemental one.
Hi Fred,

As to using the keyboard. When in Linux (as I am now) there are some mouse features that for some reason just don't work (will not go into them at this point), so the keyboard navigation features are a must. But, when in Windows, or OS X there is really not to many times that keyboard short cuts are needed. The must obivous ones for me are CMD/Windows keys plus "E" for File Explorer, "R" for Run, and a few "Control key" functions (cut, copy, paste, etc.). The key for me is it depends on what program is running at the time as to whether the keyboard or the mouse come into play.

Remember when keyboard didn't have a numeric keypad. . .now you can hardly find one without a keypad other then Mac's.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion p1423w
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    Foxconn - 2ADA Ivy Brige
    Memory
    16 GB 1066MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Sound Card
    HD Realteck (Onboard)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Mitsubishi LED TV/Montior HD, Dell 23 HD, Hanspree 25" HD
    Screen Resolution
    Mit. 1980-1080, Dell 2048-115, Hanspree 1920-10802
    Hard Drives
    1 SanDisk 240Gig SSD, 2 Samsung 512Gig SSDs
    Case
    Tower
    Cooling
    Original (Fans)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Keyboard 2000
    Mouse
    Microsoft Optical Mouse 5000
    Internet Speed
    1.3 (350 to 1024 if lucky)
    Browser
    Firefox 19.1
    Antivirus
    MSE-Defender
In fact, keyboard shortcuts are not much in use because poeple are too lazy or not enough curious to learn them. Alsmost every windows software has much of their menus accessible through shortcuts and if you use these menus often is much faster on a shortcut than searching them with the mouse through the menus.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    w9x
In fact, keyboard shortcuts are not much in use because poeple are too lazy or not enough curious to learn them. Alsmost every windows software has much of their menus accessible through shortcuts and if you use these menus often is much faster on a shortcut than searching them with the mouse through the menus.
It not that their lazy Fred, it just isn't something people think of these days. A couple of years ago there was a friend that taught computer classes, and she didn't teach anything on using the keyboard short cuts. When asked why she indicated people found the mouse did everything they needed.

For some of us who started using computers (not personal) back in 70's and 80,s knowing keyboard short cuts were a must. But in today's computing world there is really no reason. People find moving their right/ left hand six to eight inches is just as easy as attempting to remember several dozen or more keyboard shorts. I printed out the short cuts for win 8 and was shocked at the number there were (122 at last count). Again, things change over time.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8, (VM win7, XP, Vista)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    HP Pavilion p1423w
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3330 Ivy Bridge
    Motherboard
    Foxconn - 2ADA Ivy Brige
    Memory
    16 GB 1066MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Sound Card
    HD Realteck (Onboard)
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Mitsubishi LED TV/Montior HD, Dell 23 HD, Hanspree 25" HD
    Screen Resolution
    Mit. 1980-1080, Dell 2048-115, Hanspree 1920-10802
    Hard Drives
    1 SanDisk 240Gig SSD, 2 Samsung 512Gig SSDs
    Case
    Tower
    Cooling
    Original (Fans)
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Keyboard 2000
    Mouse
    Microsoft Optical Mouse 5000
    Internet Speed
    1.3 (350 to 1024 if lucky)
    Browser
    Firefox 19.1
    Antivirus
    MSE-Defender
It not that their lazy Fred, it just isn't something people think of these days. A couple of years ago there was a friend that taught computer classes, and she didn't teach anything on using the keyboard short cuts. When asked why she indicated people found the mouse did everything they needed.

For some of us who started using computers (not personal) back in 70's and 80,s knowing keyboard short cuts were a must. But in today's computing world there is really no reason. People find moving their right/ left hand six to eight inches is just as easy as attempting to remember several dozen or more keyboard shorts. I printed out the short cuts for win 8 and was shocked at the number there were (122 at last count). Again, things change over time.

I've been using keyboard shortcuts for a long time. Because it was hard to see the small writing in the start menu. So I switched the Winkey and Alt key which allow me to hold down Shift+Ctrl+Alt+ with one finger and press an alphabetical or number key with a finger from the other hand. It seemed like I had 33 keyboard shortcuts to open programs. Shift+Ctrl+Alt+W = Wordpad, Shift+Ctrl+Alt+X = MS Word, Shift+Ctrl+Alt+I = Internet Explorer, Shift+Ctrl+Alt+J = Fireox ...

I was familiar with XP pro. I bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium and wanted to return it within an hour of having it. I forced myself to try it for three days. 15 minutes later I plugged Wacom in. The popout appeared to set up handwriting recognition, I read the details about it and clicked OK. That forced me to keep Vista until Windows 7 came out. Then I learn to press the Winkey and a letter(s) to make programs appear on start menu without navigating through folders.

Then Windows 7 seemed fine. No problem.
I tried Windows 8 and got hooked. Liked the big tiles on the start screen. Spend some time customizing it by removing apps I did not want and pinning programs I did want on the start screen because I use them regularly. Made some smaller. Pinned some to the taskbar. A few toolbars.

Even the tile size in all apps is OK.
Why would somebody not want to use Metro Internet Explorer for online banking, a new shopping facebook etc. If it's safer than the desktop Internet Explorer?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    i7-3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17" 24"
    Hard Drives
    1 TB WD
    PSU
    550w
Mouse Wheel button

As to using the keyboard. When in Linux (as I am now) there are some mouse features that for some reason just don't work (will not go into them at this point), so the keyboard navigation features are a must.

Don't forget that Linux GUIs use the Mouse Wheel button for some Copy/Move/Paste operations.

You can automatically Paste highlighted text, using the Mouse Wheel button.
Dragging and Dropping using the Mouse Wheel button brings up an options menu.

Why would somebody not want to use Metro Internet Explorer for online banking, a new shopping facebook etc. If it's safer than the desktop Internet Explorer?

Maybe because of its upside-down layout?

If you really want to be safe use a Live Linux CD/DVD (assuming you have checked it for rogue items).
Nothing is going to get (permanently) written to the OS if you use a CD/DVD ROM.

"Nasties" could get into your RAM though.

Obviously you shouldn't surf the Internet before you visit the Bank.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), Linux Mint 18.3 MATE (64 bit)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T, 2.8 GHz
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    8GB DDR3 1333 G-Skill Ares F3-1333C9D-8GAO (4GB x 2)
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
    Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-01-14
    RAM & Graphics Card Upgraded - 2013-01-13
    Monitor Upgraded - 2012-04-20
    System Upgraded - 2011-05-21, 2010-07-14
    HDD Upgraded - 2010-08-11, 2011-08-24,
If you really want to be safe use a Live Linux CD/DVD (assuming you have checked it for rogue items). Nothing is going to get (permanently) written to the OS if you use a CD/DVD ROM.

I always thought this was a great idea. Running the OS off of a CD/DVD with no disk eliminates evidence once the machine is turned off. Any internet activity can still be traced by authority figures unfortunately.
One of the downsides was that all configurations were lost when the pc was turned off. (ram only).
That was one of the features I always liked about Linux was that you could run the OS off of a CD/DVD.

Probably not what you are referring to but anyway...
Well, IMO, my preference was always to use a browser that had the option to put the address bar at the bottom of the screen. Opera and metro IE, probably others have that option as well as the internet explorer address toolbar on the desktop taskbar.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Server 2012 / 8.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Built
    CPU
    Intel i7 QuadCore 3770k
    Motherboard
    Asrock Extreme 4
    Memory
    16GB Crucial Ballistix
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel embedded gpu
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster Z
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC / Westinghouse
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Plextor pcie msata
    PSU
    Rosewill Silent Night 500W Fanless / PicoPSU
    Case
    open bench - no case enclosure
    Cooling
    Silverstone HEO2 Passive Silent
    Keyboard
    logitech washable K310
    Mouse
    logitech wired
    Browser
    ie / maxthon
    Other Info
    Totally silent. No fans at all.
Personal Preference

Well, IMO, my preference was always to use a browser that had the option to put the address bar at the bottom of the screen. Opera and metro IE, probably others have that option as well as the internet explorer address toolbar on the desktop taskbar.

Actually I was. :)

I prefer all of my program controls and other info (e.g. address bar) at the top.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Western Digital 1.5 TB (SATA), Western Digital 2 TB (SATA), Western Digital 3 TB (SATA)
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info
    Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 17 MATE (64 bit) - 2014-05-17
    Linux Mint 14 MATE (64 bit) replaced with Linux Mint 16 MATE (64 bit) - 2013-11-13
QUOTE]
I hope this isn't a real question?.... Because it REALLY makes you look like a touch noob. :geek:

Press and hold on a right clickable item for about two seconds.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    Cooling
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7 Ult Reatil & Win 8 Pro OEM
    Built as DIY
    CPU
    6 core 12 thread & 4 core
    Motherboard
    Inel Extreme & Intel standard
    Memory
    12GB & 8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    3 top end SLI linked & onboard
    Sound Card
    In built in graphics card & onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24 & 23 inch Samsung LED backlit
    Screen Resolution
    High def
    Hard Drives
    Corsair Force 128GB SATA3 SSDs in each machine. Plus several external USB3 and eSATA spinner HDs
If you really want to be safe use a Live Linux CD/DVD (assuming you have checked it for rogue items). Nothing is going to get (permanently) written to the OS if you use a CD/DVD ROM.

I always thought this was a great idea. Running the OS off of a CD/DVD with no disk eliminates evidence once the machine is turned off. Any internet activity can still be traced by authority figures unfortunately.
One of the downsides was that all configurations were lost when the pc was turned off. (ram only).
That was one of the features I always liked about Linux was that you could run the OS off of a CD/DVD.

Hi there
You CAN do this easily in Windows 8 enterprise with "Windows to Go". Simply boot from the external device and remove it after your session. You don't even NEED an HDD in the computer to run Windows to Go.

You Can also do it to a limited extent (a bit harder to set up but can be done) in W7 and non enterprise versions of W8. Create a Virtual Hard drive (on say a USB disk), mount and boot it and then you are running the OS from the VHD. (Note this is NOT a Virtual machine running under HYPER-V / VMWARE / VBOX but a full windows system running from the mounted VHD).

Again after your session ends simply remove the device containing the VHD. To make this 100% undetectable you'll need to install something like GRUB on the external device and from GRUB mount and run the Windows VHD.

However Internet accesses are a bit more tricky to hide -- the only easy way is via the use of anonymous proxies - and you want these also to return random IP addresses to the "Logging Server" otherwise the use of a fixed IP address would surely show up in the server logs by any curious admin.

Cheers
jimbo

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Centos 7, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server W10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Monitor(s) Displays
    1 X LG 40 inch TV
    Hard Drives
    SSD's * 3 (Samsung 840 series) 250 GB
    2 X 3 TB sata
    5 X 1 TB sata
    Internet Speed
    0.12 GB/s (120Mb/s)
Can't write to ROM

I tried Ubuntu and been a loyal Windows fan since. Maybe Linux is easier.

The point is that you can't write to a Live CD/DVD (ROM) disc (so malware can't either). :)

It doesn't have to be Ubuntu either.

Firefox is no harder to use in Linux, than it is in Windows

Hi there
You CAN do this easily in Windows 8 enterprise with "Windows to Go". Simply boot from the external device and remove it after your session. You don't even NEED an HDD in the computer to run Windows to Go.

If you use a USB stick, malware can be written to it (same with external HDDs).

Unless you set your VMs to "Read-only", then malware can be written to them.
Obviously you could discard them after use and create a new copy from your backup (or snapshot).

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    n/a
    CPU
    Motherboard
    ASRock 880GMH-LE/USB3
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon HD6450
    Sound Card
    Realtek?
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Samsung S23B350
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Tower
    Mouse
    Wired Optical
    Other Info

If you really want to be safe use a Live Linux CD/DVD (assuming you have checked it for rogue items).
Nothing is going to get (permanently) written to the OS if you use a CD/DVD ROM.

Obviously you shouldn't surf the Internet before you visit the Bank.

Once I read about Metro IE being more secure I had 2 options.
  1. Learn to work with the upside down program for security or
  2. Forsake security for right side up familiarity.

once I found location of controls the upside down was no problem. I adapt easy I guess.

I tried Ubuntu and been a loyal Windows fan since. Maybe Linux is easier.[/QUOTE]

If you load desktop IE and go to advanced settings, you can enable "Enhanced Protected Mode" which makes it just as secure as Metro IE, running the 64 bit version, and don't have to deal with Metro IE's stupidness, like no tabs, etc. That's how I run it, and it seems to be working out pretty well.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS x54c
    CPU
    Pentium 1.6Ghz
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Integrated
    Browser
    IE10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
.....and don't have to deal with Metro IE's stupidness, like no tabs, etc.

No Tabs? (Win + Z)

ietabs.jpg

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Server 2012 / 8.0
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Home Built
    CPU
    Intel i7 QuadCore 3770k
    Motherboard
    Asrock Extreme 4
    Memory
    16GB Crucial Ballistix
    Graphics Card(s)
    intel embedded gpu
    Sound Card
    Sound Blaster Z
    Monitor(s) Displays
    AOC / Westinghouse
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Plextor pcie msata
    PSU
    Rosewill Silent Night 500W Fanless / PicoPSU
    Case
    open bench - no case enclosure
    Cooling
    Silverstone HEO2 Passive Silent
    Keyboard
    logitech washable K310
    Mouse
    logitech wired
    Browser
    ie / maxthon
    Other Info
    Totally silent. No fans at all.
.....and don't have to deal with Metro IE's stupidness, like no tabs, etc.

No Tabs? (Win + Z)

View attachment 19860

Well I guess I got that one wrong. Either way, still really don't care for the metro interface, and if there are others who don't like it either, and only use it out of perceived necessity, I'm going to show them that they don't have to.

Windows 8 is great, way better than 7. But Metro's still got some work ahead of it. It may be the future, but it definitely isn't the present.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS x54c
    CPU
    Pentium 1.6Ghz
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Integrated
    Browser
    IE10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Oh dear, another " change windows 8 or I'm taking my ball home" thread :sleepy:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Real World Computing
    CPU
    AMD FX8350 8 Core @4GHz
    Motherboard
    Asus M5A78L-M USB3
    Memory
    32GB [4x8GB] DDR3 1600 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Asus nVidia GTX750TI-OC-2GD5 (2GB DDR5)
    Sound Card
    ASUS Xoner DG + SPDIF to 5.1 System + HDMI
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer G276HL 27", (DVi) + Samsung 39" HDTV (HDMI)
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 @60Hz + 1920 x 1080 @60Hz
    Hard Drives
    Internal
    Crucial 256GB SSD,
    WDC WD30EZRX-00D8PB0 3TB,
    Toshiba HDWD130 3TB
    Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH1 2TB,

External (USB3)
    Seagate Backup+ Hub BK SCSI Disk 8TB
    2.5/3.5 Hot Swap Cradle, USB3 + eSata (client HDDs)

NAS
    Seagate ST4000DM000
    PSU
    Aerocool Templarius Imperator 750W 80+ Silver
    Case
    AeroCool X-Warrior Devil Red Tower
    Cooling
    Stock CPU, Rear 120mm, Front 2x120mm, Side 2x120mm
    Keyboard
    Logitech Wireless K710 & K270
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless M710 M185 & M570 Trackball