Windows 8 wifi randomly disconnecting

In fact in comparison to this windows 8 heap of junk, I had upgraded my missus alienware to 8 from a well used and non problematic win 7 .. and even with nvidias "approved" graphics drivers the screen would blackout all by itself with no warnings or reason.. for weeks I chased drivers of past and present, and registry ideas that people threw at me.. nothing could put it fault.. after 3 installs of win 8 and the same thing happening they all came to the conclusionthe gfx card was dead.. fantastic.. so it didn't hurt to put win 7 back and hey presto no problems at all.. and also the start bars there.. 'appy days. so as far as im concerned windows 8 has many flaws and issues/bugs that they shouldn't of released it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite LD850D-12Q
    CPU
    AMD E2-1800 GPU 1.70Ghz
    Memory
    6Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Built in Radeon
    Browser
    IE10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, Malwarebytes
I'm sort of having this issue as well. I afk for a bit... come back to the computer.. and my usb wifi dongle won't find the router. I get 4 bars usually and it never disconnects while it's connected. It's just when I come back after the computer has been asleep or something. Any Ideas? No one is using the same channel frequency near me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z68 EXTREME7 GEN3
    Memory
    Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    GTX670-DC2-2GD5
    Sound Card
    ASUS XONAR DG 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays
    ASUS VE278Q Black 27" LED Backlight
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M4 128GB x 2 (RAID 0)
    PSU
    OCZ ZX Series 850W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold
    Case
    Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
    Cooling
    CORSAIR H100 Liquid CPU Cooler
    Keyboard
    Ducky DK9087 Shine II TKL Blue LED (Brown)
    Mouse
    Logitech G500
    Browser
    Chrome
I'm sort of having this issue as well. I afk for a bit... come back to the computer.. and my usb wifi dongle won't find the router. I get 4 bars usually and it never disconnects while it's connected. It's just when I come back after the computer has been asleep or something. Any Ideas? No one is using the same channel frequency near me.

Mine has been solved by using a Micro USB 802.11n wifi adapter. IT's SO DIDDY!! :D but now it takes up one of my ports :/ out of 3 which I use for work.. so abit of swapping ports has to be done. But none the less it works and im happy. shame the internal wifi card isn't very good for whatever reason *cough* windows 8 *cough*.. rubbish brand new laptop!!

Yours might be because of low power mode enabled on the usb wifi dongle. look in power settings/options , it may well disconnect whilst the laptop goes idle to save power? only reason I can think of. or might be in the device manager, properties of the wifi card for power saving.. but I think it is editable through the power options.. not sure as I have max performance turned on so the laptops the same plugged in as well as unplugged.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite LD850D-12Q
    CPU
    AMD E2-1800 GPU 1.70Ghz
    Memory
    6Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Built in Radeon
    Browser
    IE10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, Malwarebytes
I recently purchased a new desktop computer which had windows 8 pre-installed. I was somewhat enjoying it (hating everything about the changes from windows 7) and then my wifi would disconnect every few minutes. I used windows update and installed all new updates (which takes a long time with random wifi disconnects) and it still had no help. I went to the website of the wifi driver and downloaded + installed the most recent drivers. The disconnects became slightly less frequent.
My computer is an Acer AME600-EB388.

I have googled around quite a bit trying to find a solution but none would work for me. I have checked the power settings and made sure they weren't set to shut off.
Please help me.

One reason that this symptom occurs is due to power-saving setting. You can try to disable power-saving feature of wireless adapter.

1. Go to Control Panel, and click Device Manager.
  2. click on the Wireless Adapter or newtork adapter.
  3. Right click on Your installed network adapter .
  4. Look for Power Management tab.
  5. Uncheck Allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Hopefully This will help u guys

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIN 8
Back