Windows 8 SLOW shutdown?

Killing apps/processes will not affect the physical hard drive at all.

Killing a Windows process won't affect the OS since you are shutting down anyway. (Killing some Windows processes while still using Windows may render that Windows session unusable.)

Killing running apps might cause data loss if you have open, but unsaved, documents/files. Just make sure you don't have any open apps, and that latter item won't be a concern.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Home built
    CPU
    i3-3225
    Motherboard
    H77M-D3H (micro-ATX)
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    none (Intel HD4000 IGP)
    Sound Card
    mobo integrated
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell U2312HM & Samsung 171N
    Screen Resolution
    1080x1920 (portrait) & 1280x1024
    Hard Drives
    Intel 520, 120GB SSD
    Kingston SNV425S2 64GB SSD
    WD WD10EARS 1GB HDD
    PSU
    Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460W
    Case
    Silverstone TJ-08E
    Cooling
    Intel stock HSF
    Keyboard
    Logitech K260
    Mouse
    Logitech M210
    Internet Speed
    10Mbps/1Mbps DOCSIS
that isnt a problem i do close the apps properly before shutting down. Windows 8 is becoming more of a problem now, a few days ago my system just simply crashed on the desktop I restarted it thinking it may fix the problem but then it would freeze at the boot screen. Decided i should just install a fresh copy of it again but took me atleast an hour to make the installation successful after windows just freezing when it feels like, eventually got a fresh copy of windows, worked a few days and then a new problem has now started. I switched my computer on today went to the log on screen and it was all black, restarted again started working perfectly and when i got to my desktop everything has been dead slow since then. In the action centre it says "scan drive for errors" which i clicked twice now and all that did was make my mouse pause ever 2 seconds. Went into EVENT VIEWER and notice it has 4 errors, 1) Event 55, A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume D:
2) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. 3) The previous system shutdown at 13:20:09 on ‎16/‎12/‎2012 was unexpected and the 4th error) Encrypted volume check: Volume information on H: cannot be read. When clicking the "scan for errors on harddrive in action centre" it has only put the events in event viewer from 800events all the way to 1200 events. My system is STILL shutting down really slow? I dont understand what is going on with it.

800 events went to 1200 events in 20minutes.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Philips Iqon
    CPU
    Intel Pentium D 945 3.4 GHz Dual-Core
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte - 945GZM-S2
    Memory
    2GB DDR2