Windows 8 Release Preview freezing

With Windows 8 release preview I stopped using Chrome and only used IE (desktop and METRO) and still have the freezing issues and its quite frustrating. Even just using the Metro and desktop can still freeze. I really want to know if someone can identify the problem. When I restart the machine and boot up my Windows 7 (after having to take the power out and reboot) I have to go through a series of drive checks in order to proceed to Win 7.

The only thing I can think of is the install, i had to do some DOS work in order to set up a Dynamic drive letter in order to be able to host Win 8. I just did a quite format and used the same drive letter as the previous version of Win 8 worked fine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7 windows 8
    System Manufacturer/Model
    HP
    CPU
    Intel i 7
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    radeon
Having same freeze issue here with Windows 8 Release Preview. Seems to happen more often after reviving from sleep. But also happens randomly during usage. I can resolve the issue by ctrl-alt-delete, then 'sign off', then log back in. Pain though.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Release Preview
    HP
    CPU
    2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor 2.00GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz
    Motherboard
    HP
    Memory
    6GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Radeon HD 6490M / Intel HD switchable
    Sound Card
    Beats Audio with the HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3” diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED
    Screen Resolution
    1600 x 900
    Hard Drives
    Crucial 128GB SSD
    Keyboard
    Full-Size Island-Style Keyboard with Integrated Numeric Keypad
    Internet Speed
    gigabit ethernet, wireless a/b/g/n
Last update: freezing returned after 3 days of IE use without chrome installed. No notable system or behavior changes. Thoroughly perplexed. Decided to get Metro Chrome (Dev Channel) with the hope that it might be more optimized for Win8. Still chokes every few hours or so.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIN8 RP
I cant get access to the CTL ALT DEL at all. It simply freezes my machine and all I can do is get back to the METRO screen and I cant run anything or try a restart. I think its pretty bad taking out the power and restarting.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 7 windows 8
    HP
    CPU
    Intel i 7
    Memory
    8gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    radeon
I have problems with freezing to. It seems like a Wireless hardware issue. I had it on the Release Review, but thought it would disappear when i bought the full versio. (Pro)
I have installed a Jenssen USB wireless device and the machine (A Mac with BootCamp)now runs very smooth.
No hangings for several hours.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8
Back