Windows 8 pro RED SCREEN

Hi,
I also get a red screen and a total shutdown after playing for 10-60 mins. Config is win8 pro, 64 GB Ram, Intel i7 3820 3.6,, asus board (P9X79 deluxe) , 2x ATI 7800 2 GB . Games so far are assassins creed3 , anno 2070 and anno1404. Red screen occurs irregularly while playing alone or in LAN. Only while playing, not in other applications. 2 Virus scans negative, asus dignostic scan negative. When the red screen appears it sounds like something is jamming inside the pc, and it suddenly stops and needs a complete reboot. No reset possible.

Ideas are welcome,

regards

Yggdras

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIN8
Hey guys I just registered to respond to your problems. first thing I gotta say is there is nothing WRONG with windows 8 seeing how it was a late release in the year the 7000 series cards when released were NOT running True GCN Drivers they had emulated old architecture drivers for 6 months so now that they had some time to develop true GCN driver for windows 8 after a year of being released have shown a great increase of performance in dx11.1 .... and its was the same as the previous versions of ATi Cards took around a year to get fully optimized for windows 7.... 5000/6000 series since they both run on same old architecture... and just to throw it out there AMD Graphic drivers have always been better in the beta stages and not full releases... I find full releases are littered with bugs. I highly suggest you guys go download 13.2 beta drivers all your dx9 artifacting is gone. I just red screened on windows 8 that's why I came to this thread and to be completely honest with you I have a feeling that it has to do with memory management in the new GCN architecture with windows 8 that causes red screening I personally have my 7870 Ghz overlocked GPU stock 1100Mhz and VRAM clocked to 1450Mhz on stock voltage if your getting red screens on Ghz Editions maybe try dropping the core clock about 10-20Mhz I hope I can be of some help :) or just wait 2-4 weeks when AMD brings out the Full Release of the 13.2 driver with new memory management and a few extra optimizations goodies ^^

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 x64 PRO
    System Manufacturer/Model
    c'est moi
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II x6 1100T
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7800
I've had BF3 since beta and have never had any problems although I quit playing it for about a year (have played it fine on Windows 8) and logged in today to test video streaming, lo and behold I get this stupid RSOD and have to hard reboot my PC. I can't seem to find any answers on the web for it but it looks like lots of people getting the RSOD are using AMD cards, as am I- also using 13.11-beta8 drivers which some people think fixes it, but nope happened to me.

i5 3550 @ 3.9GHz
8GB DDR3 1600
XFX 7850 1GB (not OC'd)
Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC and latest updates
AMD beta 13.11-beta8 drivers (also have Gaming Evolved installed)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro w/ WMC
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    self built
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Memory
    16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB
    Sound Card
    Steelseries USB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    BenQ 24"
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD (OS)
    WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD
    PSU
    Coolermaster 700W
    Case
    Cougar Archon
    Cooling
    Coolermaster Seidn 120V
    Keyboard
    Logitech G510
    Mouse
    Razer Taipan
    Browser
    Google Chrome
Hi,

i have the same problem than the other people. I get redscreens after playing World of Warcraftfor 10 mins-1 hour.
I come from germany so sorry for my bad english.

System informations:

Windows 8.1 32-bit
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 40 °C
8,00GB Dual Kanal DDR3
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD3 (Socket M2) 30 °C
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 35 °C
1397GB Hitachi HDS723015BLA642 (SATA) 30 °C

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8.1 32-Bit
Back