Windows 8 gremlins

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 RP
Just another report: no hangs! Haven't used W7 in weeks!

The only issues I have, right now, have to do with coming out of hibernation and with setting display brightness while QuickSet is running :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Studio XPS 1340

The only issues I have, right now, have to do with coming out of hibernation and with setting display brightness while QuickSet is running :)

did you reenable the dynamic tick or is it still disabled?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 RP

I didn't enable it again! I don't dare to! Hmm. :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Dell Studio XPS 1340

I didn't enable it again! I don't dare to! Hmm. :)

I tried enabling it again sometime last week, and had freezes almost immediately again... been disabled since and it's working fine. I was hoping someone would have better luck than me!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win 8 RP
Sorry to be a pain in the backside guys, but I've been experiencing some Windows 8 gremlins myself.

I'm on the Consumer Preview, but I notice that anytime my CPU goes under heavy load, Windows 8 overheats and then my safety limit kicks in and shuts off the laptop. Not a great look, especially when gaming.

Never had overheating problems with Vista or 7, only seems to be with 8.

I also notice everything is MUCH slower.

I use Ubuntu and Peppermint (Linux distros) as my daily's, so I'm not too worried about Windows 8. I just can't do any work without it overheating.

I've ran chkdsk /r through CMD, everything seems fine, so there is differently a kernel issue somewhere.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 CP, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Peppermint 3
    Acer Aspire 6920G
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia GeForce 9500GS M
The freezing issue still seems to occur in the RTM build for my Dell Studio XPS 13/1340, but the 'disabledynamictick' tweak fixes it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
The freezing issue still seems to occur in the RTM build for my Dell Studio XPS 13/1340, but the 'disabledynamictick' tweak fixes it.

Same on my 1340, I thought they would've included the fix in RTM. Though regardless, I'm happy to be able to run windows 8.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7
    Dell Studio XPS 1340
    CPU
    Intel P8600 Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA 9400M G