Windows 8 First Impressions

Why has Microsoft failed? simply because no one wants these crap tiles, failed tiles which have now been bolted onto our desktop, under the all hailed Windows 8, the greatest advance since windows 95? how such a huge and successful company could have come up with this half baked monstrosity of a so called advance beggars belief. I have never nocked Microsoft since the days of win 3.1, and win95 was indeed a major advance, but to me Win8 is a massive strategy failure, but that's Microsoft's problem.

Hindsight shows us there were a lot of reasons for the failure of Windows Phone 7. However, it was not because of a lack of interest, or that nobody wanted them.

First, Windows Phone 7 was too little, too late. It was a huge step up from Windows Mobile 6.x, and closed a lot of ground, but it wasn't enough. There were a ton of people that were very interested in Windows Phone 7x, but they took a wait and see approach. Those that bough them, loved them. Particularly the xbox integration and other interesting features.

Second, there were only a few models of Windows Phone 7.. there were dozens and dozens of android phones. One can argue that the iPhone only has one model, but people expect more from a licensed OS. And most of the models were not that great (hardware wise). It wasn't until the release of the Nokia Lumia's that they become competitive (hardware wise) with the competitors. Most phone manufacturers did not put a lot of effort into Windows Phone.

Third, it leaked pretty early that Windows Phone 7.x was a deadend. You couldn't upgrade 7.x phones to Windows Phone 8, so people again took a wait and see.. despite the interest in the Lumia's.

Things are different with Windows Phone 8. There were actually long waiting lines on opening day. There are multiple, sexy, competitive hardware models. The new Nokia's are really nice, and I am personally waiting for the Samsung Ativ (Windows phone version of the Galaxy SIII). These phones are all getting great reviews.

My problem though, was how to get this thing more efficient and objective, instead of going around the trees, or flashing back and forth between that metro crap, and desktop, first thing that had to go was the rubbish Win8 start tiles, new as soon as I Googled someone would have come up with a port for win7 Start menu, and sure as eggs Ex7ForW8, came to the rescue, now we have the Win7 start menu back, what a relief! And so the story goes on, with more hacks and ports to be searched to overcome the inadequacies of win 8, when I finally finish this project what will I have? Win 7 again, nice one Microsoft! When will you get it, no one wants your crap tiles on phones or anything else.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the fact of the matter is... Everyone I know (and quite a few people on this board) that have given the start page a serious try has found that they grow to like it. But come on.. "Rubbish"? There are millions of people that disagree with you.

At a time when Microsoft are failing surely they could have come up with something better for their flagship desktop, than bolting on this miserable mobile failure, which they are now being sued for copy right infringement, it's just such a missed opportunity by them, I just don't get it one bit, Have always enjoyed the Windows journey, but it's my view that Microsoft have lost their way, let's hope they employ Google Maps before the next incarnation.

Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion. But I don't respect the opinion of people that haven't given things a fair shot. By your own admission, you raced to replace it all with plug-ins and hacks. I challenge you to try and use it seriously for a solid week.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Auria 27" IPS + 2x Samsung 23"
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Corsair m4 256GB, 2 WD 2TB drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
"how such a huge and successful company could have come up with this half baked monstrosity of a so called advance beggars belief"

It's a transitional OS intended to bridge the gap between tablet/smart phone users and traditional desktop users. I hear a lot of whining and complaining from people overcome by inertia and afraid of change, but the desktop is still there, so what's the problem? We all heard the same complaints when DOS went away... It's a disaster, I can't get anything done, blah blah blah.

DOS didn't go away.

Sure, it's not sold or supported nowadays.

But I still use it (DOS 6.22/WfW 3.11/Office 4.5) and
it's a fair bet I'm not alone.

An OS doesn't become unusable just because it isn't
supported, or is no longer mainstream.

Windows XP, Vista, 7 and even 8 will be no exception.

Attachments

• Win31dump.PNG
    Win31dump.PNG
    5.7 KB · Views: 205

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit (7 Ult, Vista & XP in V-Box)
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire Ethos AS8951G 'Super-Laptop'.
    CPU
    Intel Sandy-Bridge i7-2670QM quad-core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    8GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel 3000HD / Ge-Force GT555M 2 gigs
    Sound Card
    Realtek/5.1 Dolby built-in including speakers.
    Monitor(s) Displays
    18.4" full-HD
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1024
    Hard Drives
    2x750GB Toshiba internal, 1x500GB Seagate external, 1x2TB Seagate external, 1x640GB Toshiba pocket-drive, 1x640GB Samsung pocket drive.
    PSU
    Stock
    Case
    Laptop
    Cooling
    Air-cooled
    Mouse
    I/R cordless.
    Internet Speed
    Borderline pathetic.
NaySayer, I have never moaned before regarding any of Microsoft's previous changes, but this one really disappoints, probable on par with Win Me! They could have evolved the windows GUI in so many different directions, rather than stripping out technologies, to accommodate these miserable looking smarty squares my ten year old could have painted on! Moan over.................;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 & Win8
    PB Easynote LJ71
    CPU
    AMD Turion II M500
    Motherboard
    Packard Bell/chipset 785GX/SB700
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATi/AMD HD4200
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Screen Resolution
    HD LCD 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB
Phil, all they removed was the start button. It's still essentially Windows 7 under the bonnet... So I don't get what all the outcry is about.

Don't like the Metro tiles? Install Classic Start Menu or Start8 and boot directly to the desktop. Problem solved. But the Metro interface will always be there if the need (or desire) to use Metro apps ever arises - and as skeptical as I was myself when the first Windows 8 betas came out, I now find myself using them fairly often.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
That's not quite true though is it! Try dynamically resizing your icons in explorer view? You can't because it been removed, all you have is the winxp options now, progress aye!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 & Win8
    PB Easynote LJ71
    CPU
    AMD Turion II M500
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATi/AMD HD4200
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Screen Resolution
    HD LCD 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB
That's not quite true though is it! Try dynamically resizing your icons in explorer view? You can't because it been removed, all you have is the winxp options now, progress aye!

I don't have any trouble resizing icons. Ctrl+Scroll wheel, or using Ctrl+Zoom key on a MS keyboard both work fine.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
Seek and he shall find! Thanks for that tip, now to find how to put it back on the menu in explorer!........:thumb:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 & Win8
    PB Easynote LJ71
    CPU
    AMD Turion II M500
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATi/AMD HD4200
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Screen Resolution
    HD LCD 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB
Explorer has never had that in the menu. It did have one of a few sizes you could choose, and that is still there in Explorer. It's on the View Ribbon, in the Layout section.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    CPU
    Intel i7 3770K
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD4 TH
    Memory
    16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    nVidia GTX 650
    Sound Card
    Onboard Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    2560x1440 + 2x 2048x1152
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Antec SOLO II
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Logitech MX
Ok I'm back, and have read all the posts to date, and seems many are missing my point here, so just to give a background on why I feel Microsoft's recent offering is nothing but a poor market strategy reaction to the competition, I'll clarify why. And before I start, I have had no issues with getting around Win8, took me 30 minutes or so. Think it would be fair to point out too that I have some experience with IT, (MCSE) System build, hardware and software Diagnostics, etc, etc. Hands up those that have a windows phone? form an orderly cue of one! ok your not impressed, well lets give you all some facts, back in 2008, Microsoft predicted that their new up and coming mobile software technology would see a 50% increase on sales, but by 2012 (May) what actually had happened? Well it will come as no surprise to you all, that and I quote:
Microsoft's Mobile Share Plunges 27%
In the latest sign that Microsoft's high-stakes bet on a new, unconventional mobile platform isn't paying off, numbers released Wednesday show that Redmond's overall share of the wireless operating system market fell 27% in the first quarter, to a meager 1.9%.Analysts will watch closely to see if the Lumia is able to reverse Microsoft and Nokia's mobile slide in the second quarter. If not, some might conclude that Microsoft's Windows Phone gambit has failed.
Why has Microsoft failed? simply because no one wants these crap tiles, failed tiles which have now been bolted onto our desktop, under the all hailed Windows 8, the greatest advance since windows 95? how such a huge and successful company could have come up with this half baked monstrosity of a so called advance beggars belief. I have never nocked Microsoft since the days of win 3.1, and win95 was indeed a major advance, but to me Win8 is a massive strategy failure, but that's Microsoft's problem.

My problem though, was how to get this thing more efficient and objective, instead of going around the trees, or flashing back and forth between that metro crap, and desktop, first thing that had to go was the rubbish Win8 start tiles, new as soon as I Googled someone would have come up with a port for win7 Start menu, and sure as eggs Ex7ForW8, came to the rescue, now we have the Win7 start menu back, what a relief! And so the story goes on, with more hacks and ports to be searched to overcome the inadequacies of win 8, when I finally finish this project what will I have? Win 7 again, nice one Microsoft! When will you get it, no one wants your crap tiles on phones or anything else.

At a time when Microsoft are failing surely they could have come up with something better for their flagship desktop, than bolting on this miserable mobile failure, which they are now being sued for copy right infringement, it's just such a missed opportunity by them, I just don't get it one bit, Have always enjoyed the Windows journey, but it's my view that Microsoft have lost their way, let's hope they employ Google Maps before the next incarnation.

I raise my hand as I have a Windows Phone and love, will upgrade to the Lumia 920 early next year.

I see VERY LITTLE reason why you associate Windows Phone to Windows 8. Yeah, Windows Phone 7 did crap compared to what Microsoft expected, because if you haven't noticed, have you EVER seen a Windows Phone advert on TV? In a wireless retail store (until about April this year)? Has anyone even heard of a Windows Phone? Nope, nope, and nope. Even right now, you probably saw an advert for the Surface TWO weeks before launch, Windows 8 is being hugely advertised even again, TWO weeks before launch and both are still being advertised heavily. It's not the phones themselves are crap, or even the UI. Seriously right now, the UI is one of the most revered part of Windows Phone, it's unique, it's different, and makes sense over these crap cheesy rounded icons with lighting effects all over the place. The metro UI of Windows Phone has been the hallmark of any Windows Phone, any review of any handsets shows that time after time. Even the Nokia Lumia series was awarded best design, as it matches beautifully with the UI. I don't know about you, but literally EVERY person I've shown my Lumia 900 to, they are always impressed it. The ones that aren't are droid or SGIII users as they're already lonely adults either way. :)

But if the UI is crap on Windows Phone, then why didn't Windows Mobile 6 take lots of ground? Does no one want a crap start menu?

I say Microsoft has found their way after the car has drifted off course and almost ran off the road. Seriously right now, they misses the mp3 player market, the tablet market, and was late to the smartphone party. Actually, they had a smartphone OS of Windows Mobile, but that suffered after the iphone and didn't have a proper response to it until Windows Phone 7 was built. They actually were going to leverage Windows Mobile 6 against android and Windows Phone 7 against the iphone until seeing WM was crap that it was. Even with Windows, NVIDIA says that people will buy a decent tablet over a cheap PC. Why? Probably touch and great battery life. If Windows 8 wasn't built the way it was built, people will start wanting a more feature set rich of things that they had from their PC on their ARM powered tablet of ios or android while Windows is still stuck on the desktop and ends up being used by tech heads that are mildly fluent with Linux. Eventually, Windows would become irrelevant, Office would probably their only cash cow, Xbox might still fair well and would have to work with ios or android or whatever OS nicely instead of Windows, because people left that for something better with a device that they find nicer over a traditional PC.

Windows 8 is looking into the future, with a new generation of users and developers and other people that have been on Windows that like the changes, not so much people that just want to stick with Windows 7 for the rest of their lives...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014

Hindsight shows us there were a lot of reasons for the failure of Windows Phone 7. However, it was not because of a lack of interest, or that nobody wanted them.

First, Windows Phone 7 was too little, too late. It was a huge step up from Windows Mobile 6.x, and closed a lot of ground, but it wasn't enough. There were a ton of people that were very interested in Windows Phone 7x, but they took a wait and see approach. Those that bough them, loved them. Particularly the xbox integration and other interesting features.

Second, there were only a few models of Windows Phone 7.. there were dozens and dozens of android phones. One can argue that the iPhone only has one model, but people expect more from a licensed OS. And most of the models were not that great (hardware wise). It wasn't until the release of the Nokia Lumia's that they become competitive (hardware wise) with the competitors. Most phone manufacturers did not put a lot of effort into Windows Phone.

Third, it leaked pretty early that Windows Phone 7.x was a deadend. You couldn't upgrade 7.x phones to Windows Phone 8, so people again took a wait and see.. despite the interest in the Lumia's.

Things are different with Windows Phone 8. There were actually long waiting lines on opening day. There are multiple, sexy, competitive hardware models. The new Nokia's are really nice, and I am personally waiting for the Samsung Ativ (Windows phone version of the Galaxy SIII). These phones are all getting great reviews.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the fact of the matter is... Everyone I know (and quite a few people on this board) that have given the start page a serious try has found that they grow to like it. But come on.. "Rubbish"? There are millions of people that disagree with you.

Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion. But I don't respect the opinion of people that haven't given things a fair shot. By your own admission, you raced to replace it all with plug-ins and hacks. I challenge you to try and use it seriously for a solid week.
Ahh, looks like Mystere beat me to the punch. ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD FX 8320
    Motherboard
    Crosshair V Formula-Z
    Memory
    16 gig DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS R9 270
    Screen Resolution
    1440x900
    Hard Drives
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda (starting to hate Seagate)
    x2 3 TB Toshibas
    Windows 8.1 is installed on a SanDisk Ultra Plus 256 GB
    PSU
    OCZ 500 watt
    Case
    A current work in progres as I'll be building the physical case myself. It shall be fantastic.
    Cooling
    Arctic Cooler with 3 heatpipes
    Keyboard
    Logitech K750 wireless solar powered keyboard
    Mouse
    Microsoft Touch Mouse
    Browser
    Internet Explorer 11
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender, but I might go back on KIS 2014
1.- Bought the retail box
2.- Upgraded from Win 7
3.- Installed the Envy 15-3090la Windows 8 drivers
4.- Installing applications and asked a reboot had some issues originated by the hybrid hibernation, after some google searches, I solved the problema disabling the fast boot. Hopefully Microsoft will fix that issue
5.- I performed an upgrade to some programs -Norton Utilities 15 to 16 (15 not 100% compatible with 8)
6.- HP Support Assistant Upgrade as well<br>
7.- Disabled the hybrid video card system - I'm using all the time the AMD video card

Windows 8 as the new operating system has new-born diseases but worlks well, I like the Start Screen I thought that it would see ugly, but not, it looks great.

I had a biased opinión of 8, neverthless I knew sooner or later that I will wind buying it. ::geek:
The new Start Screen learning curve didn't took much time, it's the same that the Start Menu from previous versions, liked the Modern apps

Running stable as Windows 7 but somehow more efficient
System Specs
HP Envy 15-3090la i7 - 2670QM 8GB Windows 8 Pro 64 W/Media Pack<br>NIS 2013

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64
    HP Envy 15-3090la
    CPU
    Intel I7-2670
    Memory
    8 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI 7960M
(Reuters) - The executive most widely tipped to be the next chief executive of Microsoft Corp has left the world's largest software maker barely two weeks after launching the flagship Windows 8, as CEO Steve Ballmer moved to tighten his grip on the company.The exit of 23-year veteran Steven Sinofsky, head of Microsoft's Windows unit, is the latest - and most prominent - in a line of high-profile departures from the Redmond, Washington-based company, which is struggling to keep pace with Apple Inc and Google Inc in mobile computing.

It comes hard on the heels of Sinofsky unveiling the most radical revamp of Windows since 1995, designed to catapult Microsoft back into the forefront of Internet-based, touch-screen technology and reinvigorate a stock price that has been static for the past decade.

I'm not here to tell my Grandmother how to suck eggs, but step out of your Microsoft box for a minute lads, and contemplate how windows 7 could have been developed in so many different directions, sorry but win 8 is a joke, why else would they sell this software so cheap!.............;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7 & Win8
    PB Easynote LJ71
    CPU
    AMD Turion II M500
    Motherboard
    Memory
    4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATi/AMD HD4200
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD Audio
    Screen Resolution
    HD LCD 1600x900
    Hard Drives
    Seagate 1TB
It's going to be a great OS. I think the naysayers will change their tune. MS will listen to complaints and keep improving it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    6 Seagate Sata 3 external seagate
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs
It's going to be a great OS. I think the naysayers will change their tune. MS will listen to complaints and keep improving it.

Most funny think I have ear ...... MS will listen,,,,,,:roflmao:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    4 x HD 7970
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    2560*1600
    Hard Drives
    C:\Intel series 520 SSD , 250 GB
    D:\ WD 750 black with Intel 40gb SSD cache Intel RST
    E:\ WD 2TB Black
    PSU
    Corsair AX 1200
    Case
    TT Mozart TX
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G-15
    Other Info
    Windows 8 VM is install on his own SSD.

Most funny think I have ear ...... MS will listen,,,,,,:roflmao:

I think you are greatly underestimating MS. I went to Staples to pick up some paper and saw dozens of new system. All Win 8 fpr sale. They look excellent and the touch screen on the laptops is terrific.

The bugs will be fixed and the lack of customization will be fixed and the Apps will be fixed. MS has always been very responsive to me.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs
It's 30 years I use Microsoft and Sell Microsoft products, I know very well what to expect from them, aside I never look at system at Staples, not really my type. I must say the Apple mac air and iMac at staples worth to be look at.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    4 x HD 7970
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    2560*1600
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair AX 1200
    Case
    TT Mozart TX
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G-15
    Other Info
It's 30 years I use Microsoft and Sell Microsoft products, I know very well what to expect from them, aside I never look at system at Staples, not really my type. I must say the Apple mac air and iMac at staples worth to be look at.

So why waste you time on this forum? Some kind of Apple activism?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro
    Alienware Area-58
    CPU
    Intell 2,93 i7
    Motherboard
    p6
    Memory
    8gigs
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia gtx 295
    Sound Card
    X-fi extreme
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Dell 27"
    Screen Resolution
    1920 X 1280
    Hard Drives
    Case
    Alienware Area-58
    Cooling
    liquid
    Keyboard
    Logitch G15
    Mouse
    Razer Nagas
    Internet Speed
    18mbs

So why waste you time on this forum? Some kind of Apple activism?

LOL, me fanboy or activist, :roflmao:

well let see:

I have 9 PC ( that I build my self ) all runing Microsoft Product ( AMD and Intel )
1 have 5 PC running Linux ( AMD and Intel)
I have 12 servers , runing Microsoft and ESXi ( AMD and Intel )
I have an iMac
I have a Dell Inspiron and a latitude, a XPS 13 , a Emachine celeron notebook a emachine $ 200 netbook
I have an mac book air
I have an iPad and a iPhone and a Android phones

and also my oldest PC , A dell XPS 420 with Vista, and about 20 old pc on the shelf not worth to mention

I said the only worth stuff at staples is MAC because I can build way better PC than the HP and Emachine they sell there, so for me only the mac interest me when I go staples. it'S like if you own a BMW and you go in KIA dellers who sell also Mercedez benz, will you look at the KIA ? ( I don't own a BMW )

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    4 x HD 7970
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Screen Resolution
    2560*1600
    Hard Drives
    PSU
    Corsair AX 1200
    Case
    TT Mozart TX
    Cooling
    Water Cooled
    Keyboard
    Logitech G-15
    Other Info

I think this time my wife is right when she said I don't need other computers. But keep in mind, it's taxes deductible so better I keep the money for me. For sure my technet subscription is profitable

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 enterprise x64
    Pc-Quebec / Area 66
    CPU
    i7-3960X Extreme Edition
    Motherboard
    Rampage IV Extreme
    Memory
    Gskill 4x4 GB