Windows 8 Finally Overtakes Vista, No Longer a Microsoft..

[h=1]“Disaster”[/h]
Windows 8 has often been described as a new disaster for Redmond-based software giant Microsoft, especially because it reportedly recorded sales that were similar to the ones posted by Vista after launch.

And still, things are getting significantly better for Microsoft and Windows 8. According to figures provided by market researcher StatCounter, Windows 8 is currently the fourth most popular operating system in the world and the third when it comes to Windows versions exclusively.

At this point, Windows 8 is installed on 5.75 percent of computers worldwide, while Windows Vista has a market share of 5.44 percent.

Windows 8 Finally Overtakes Vista, No Longer a Microsoft ?Disaster?

Dual boot -Win8 and Vista

I was using Vista until a couple of weeks ago when my motherboard died. I now have a new computer with Windows 8 64 bit. Have almost completed restoring my old programmes but the main casualty for me seems to be my trusty Nikon LS. 2000 film scanner and its SCSI board. These worked fine with Vista32bit mode. Would it be possible to reload Vista in 32 bit mode and have the SCSI board work for the scanner and have as a dual boot? I would probably only use Vista when wishing to scan.
Thanks for any info. available

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ACS Solutions
    CPU
    intel It 3770 3.40Gh
    Motherboard
    ASUS P8 B75-M
    Memory
    16Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nividia G Force GT 630
    Browser
    Windows explores 10
    Antivirus
    Telus security services
While I am not going anywhere near the Win8 bandwagon in the foreseeable future, I find it amusing that H8ER's are so quick to point out that Vistas LIFETIME share is so low, while Win8 (still being less than a year old) is already exceeding it (barely).

Reality Check? Granted, it's numbers may be directly linked to its prevalence in tablet's and other such "touch" device's, but how may new PC's still have their OEM Win8 on it? How many Win8 PC's that were sold found their way back to the retailer within 30 days?

I think that if you polled ownership over time against device type installed on, the numbers would be fairly educational.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win7U (x64)
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Custom
    CPU
    Dual XEON HT QC's
    Motherboard
    eVGA
    Memory
    16GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Nvidia
Hah.... just ordered a 17" laptop... comes with 8 installed. Of course, my very first action will be to install classic shell, but it will still count as a "sale" of win 8....:think:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1 Pro, Desktop Mode
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Me
    CPU
    AMD FX-8150
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H