PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
well lets see if the new SSD works

So far so good its installing now to the new SSD.. no errors about not being able to install to the drive this time. Installation ticking along nicely..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS
    CPU
    Core i7
    Memory
    4GB
front sectors of old disk failed.. we even tried to re-write the front sectors and it fails.. I would not trust that disk for saving anything, except hold paper from blowing away..

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell XPS 8700
    CPU
    I7
    Memory
    24 GB
Well just to mention, things installed OK, but the laptop had thermal problems and kept overheating, so, time to move on. I've since bought a new PC (Brix GB-BXBT-2807), using the new SSD, and so far so good.

One thing that did surprise me... after installing Windows 8.1, I moved the SSD into an external enclosure to copy a large amount of files across (10GB+). After doing so, I put the SSD back into the new PC..... booted up...... the files I'd copied across are not there. WHAT? Then I got locked out of my "user account" in Win8, booted into a "temporary account" ... all started going wrong. At that point I reinstalled Windows again, and copied my 10GB+ files across via a USB stick instead of directly onto the SSD again. KYHI put me out of my curious misery and explain please lol. :) So that I know for next time...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    ASUS
    CPU
    Core i7
    Memory
    4GB
Oxc0000034 error in Sony Vaio formerly running Windows 10

My Vaio SVT13124CXS is giving me this error code. I installed Windows 10 several weeks ago and the machine was running slowly afterwards. Now it won't boot showing this error and also says Windows is locked. Anyone know what to do? It will not read my memory stick backup.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Sony vaio SVT13124CXS
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky
Back