Solved Windows 8 Automatic Repair Loop Issue

Hello guys, thanks for replying. I was able to access the command prompt on the blue screen. My progress so far yesterday was making a bootable USB with hiren boot on. I was able to access my hard drive through that mini window xp software on the bootable usb. I went inside and started searching around. I was able to recollect a few of my folders but I could not locate the rest of my files within the c: drive. I did however, find found.000 but it would not let me back it up into my portable hard drive. Judging from what you said, that most of the files were put inside found.000, I'm keeping my hopes up. So far I did WD full scan and it said my drive was great but when I restart my computer it took me back to the automatic repair loop screen. Any suggestions?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
Well I copied a whole entire c: drive from my desktop over to my portable hard drive. I was able to locate the hidden folder found.000. However I am having a hard time recovering it. Any clue? For my computer I'll just do a reformat but the files are quite important as they are school work :(

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
@ PME9294377: Based on my experience, what I would do first is either use the mini Win XP on the Hiren's disk or make a live Ubuntu USB and boot up with that. Have you tried those? Doing that SHOULD get you out of the Windows repair loop and allow you to at least try to access the drive. If you can't find your data, then you should probably move on to the scanning/recovery options mentioned above ...

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Inspiron 660
    CPU
    Intel Core i5
@ sktanz: so you weren't able to open the found.000 folder at all? I was able to access mine and just search through all my files using the Ubuntu USB - maybe you could try that if Win XP doesn't give you access? It's very easy to create and seems to include some pretty decent HDD/partition management tools as well.

Otherwise, if you can't access found.000 then I don't know what else to recommend. You could maybe try some of the more powerful/drastic HDD recovery tools. Before you do that or go formatting the drive though, it might be an idea to CLONE it, rather than just copy it, as I believe that will duplicate ALL the data on the drive, including any 'lost' files or data fragments that might not be 'indexed' by the filesystem.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Dell Inspiron 660
    CPU
    Intel Core i5
stuck in Automatic Repair loop

try disabling the feature via Command Prompt.
Type
bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled NO
and press
ENTER Key.
If the message reads "The operation completed successfully", then Automatic Repair will not appear.

and try to reset your computer.

:)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
I have a Lenovo desktop and got stuck in the same loop. I used a fix from the Microsoft website that included inputting these prompts:

bootrec/fixMBR
bootrec/fixboot
bootred/rebuildBCD
chkdsk/r c:
chkdsk/r d:
chkdsk/r e:
chkdsk/r f:

and then restart.
So I did that, and now I am getting boot messages that I don't have an operating system!!!!!

HELP!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    lenovo
Back