Wifi seems fine but isn't. What's wrong?

Do not need you to keep posting Metro screen apps. Need to have you answer simply what I asked above. Again, in Device Manager, does it show any Yellow ! on any devices? Unknown, or the physical Wireless adapter.

If you want to keep posting Metro screen apps, small thumbnails of information I am not asking for, this is pretty much where I am leaving you to your own, to figure it out yourself.

Have a good day.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1
    CPU
    AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHZ
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None needed. It is Linux.
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

A/V UPS - Tripp-Lite Smart 1500LCD 1500 Va/900 W.
k, someone is in a bad mood,... :p

Just tell me you're as lost as I am, cause I even went through the code of the driver and compared it to other wireless drivers that do work fine and can't seem to find where it differentiates between wireless and wired.

Then,
Posting small 'thumbnails' as you call them, (although they aren't smaller images of bigger ones, but hey, what's in a name) you can easily click them and zoom + scroll if it's too small for you to read, and the small example screens of what I'm saying at the time (because you didn't seem to believe me about the wlan drivers command without them either) won't hurt a fly.

I'm not posting metro apps randomly, only to the point of what I'm saying. So if you want to randomly choose unimportant stuff to attack me for, sure, go ahead, but I won't change, as you'd just pick anything else if I would.

Having said everything twice now and still just getting these kind of answers also already tells me I won't be getting a decent answer from you anyway. Likewise about the fact that you'd flame somebody to post metro screenshots on a Windows 8 forum, though. It's Windows 8, what do you expect?
Also, last time I checked I didn't post for you and you're still not the center of my world, so either get over it or get lost.

There are no yellow !'s in Device manager, no, as the only thing !'d out was the network adapter before I installed the drivers, and it has been ! many times since, while uninstalling and reinstalling drivers... The plug is firmly plugged into the wall and I'm not sitting behind my desk. Thanks for another "have you turned it off and back on again"-question however, as that again did not go in any direction of solving my problem. It's not a device conflict, it's not a virus and it's not a corrupt system. It's a clean installed, fully updated, virus-protected and driver-updated Windows 8.1, with little to no use before this. If I have to go proof everything again to you in screenshots I am forced to post, while I can't post any extra information until you ask for it, I'm gonna sit here all night just to go through everything I've already done myself... If you can't help, fine, no worries, but being an ass about it isn't going to make you look any more intelligent.

So, any help is appreciated, but slowing me down isn't really help and in no way did I accept any slavery to other users that want me to beg for the help they aren't even giving me... If you're not even bright enough to zoom images, read everything posted before asking and are giving me this attitude for a damned metro image taken of something actually to the subject of what I was saying, I doubt there's anything you would have been able to do for me anyway. ;) Not to mention calling mmc.exe a virus-scanner,... I mean, really? And you're going to help me with Windows? Right! Stop wasting my time and just watch me figure it out myself,... I always do eventually.

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS P5KPL
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5KPL
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    1 internal (500GB)
    3 external (1TB, 1,5TB, 3TB)
    Case
    Generic
    Keyboard
    Microsoft
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Browser
    Maxthon Cloud Browser
    Antivirus
    IOBit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate
    Other Info
    Network cards:
    - Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller
    - Sitecom WL-121v2
I am no where lost. I do not know where you are getting that idea. As I stated, I am done, finished, have a good day. Hopefully when you can follow the instructions of the person trying to help you out, then we can get somewhere in solving your issue.

Adios.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Linux Mint 17.2
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Toshiba Satellite C850D-st3nx1
    CPU
    AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHZ
    Memory
    12GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    Realtek HD
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LCD
    Screen Resolution
    1366 x 768
    Hard Drives
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    Mouse
    Logitech M525
    Internet Speed
    45/6 - ATT U-Verse
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    None needed. It is Linux.
    Other Info
    Arris NVG589 Gateway; Router - Cisco RV320; Switch - Netgear GS108 8-Port Switch & Trendnet TEG-S50g 5-Port Switch; Access Points - Engenius ECB350, Trendnet TEW-638APB; NAS - Lenovo ix2-4; Printer - Brother HL-2280DW; Air Print Server - Lantronix XPrintServer

A/V UPS - Tripp-Lite Smart 1500LCD 1500 Va/900 W.
Like Snapp, I am not a network expert. But, from my own observation, your setup is perfectly normal. If I have Wireless and Ethernet both enabled, then I receive a result, as in your case, that the wireless is not connected. I would say this is by design, Wireless, if you already have an Ethernet connection, would be superfluous and using unrequired resources. I guess it would do no harm to leave both adapters enabled, but perhaps it would be better for you to decide if you want Ethernet or wireless, and disable the extra?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
Hi Dave,

The problem isn't the wifi disconnecting while ethernet is connected, cause it doesn't do that. The USB Wi-Fi Dongle I tested could get online at the same time as the wired one, I just had to re-enable the dongle once the cable was plugged in again and both remained online.
The problem with the PCI wifi I'm trying to get working is that the bigger part of Windows 8.1 sees the Wifi as a cable connection, which, of course, won't give any scan options or anything else for that matter. This PCI wifi doesn't even disable itself when plugging the cable back into the wired ethernet and enabling that one, where the USB Wifi dongle did disable itself.

As long as it's seen as a wired connection, it probably gets a "are you connected?" protocol syntax from Windows 8, which the card probably translates to "I should connect." and starts connecting to anything possible (any open wifi). Since I have one (or two) of those, it connects to it and stays that way until I disable the card or disconnect my wireless AP it connects to.
There is no other way making it disconnect, choosing any network I want or eventually logging in to any secured wifi. :/

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS P5KPL
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    Motherboard
    ASUS P5KPL
    Memory
    3GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1600x1200
    Hard Drives
    1 internal (500GB)
    3 external (1TB, 1,5TB, 3TB)
    Case
    Generic
    Keyboard
    Microsoft
    Mouse
    Logitech
    Browser
    Maxthon Cloud Browser
    Antivirus
    IOBit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate
    Other Info
    Network cards:
    - Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller
    - Sitecom WL-121v2
Ok. Understood. Mine obviously doesn't operate in the same way. My Wireless remains disconnected whilst Ethernet is on.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Other Info
    Use several different computers during a day, so specs are irrelevant.
Dave,

While looking for solutions all over the internet I've seen this complaint many times and every time I thought: 'Good thing that worked here.' :p I assumed (without any evidence) it was some sort of setting I must've accidentally set, which changes that, but which we haven't identified yet as the culprit, and I hoped that I wouldn't accidentally reset it. ;D
I know, wishful thinking, maybe, but that's me. ;p
Any way it turns out, it's a next problem, I'll first have to solve this one to get to it. ;p

As I need wifi to connect to my local internetless secured network, while getting internet from Ethernet, this is something I'll have to investigate if it happens to me when I finally get the card to scan. ;p

Reason for this internetless local network is because I have a server which bypasses the router to have a direct internetIP, but if I want to connect to that server via a network, I need a second connection without internet, cause if the local has internet, WIndows tends to change IP's to it after a while, which blocks my server from the direct access it has from the internet. The server is running Win 2003, so it shouldn't be a problem there, but the pc I want to be able to connect to the server without passing internet to it is running win8.1 and that will also need 2 connections to make it work. :)

If you know of a better way to get a data-connection which enables SMB and Homegroup over a straight connection to it, I'm all ears, though. But going through the actual internet is out of the question. ;)

Grtz,

~ Nephatiu

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    ASUS P5KPL
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600