Solved Wierd problem with "PC Settings" Windows 8 Consumer Preview

If you open cmd as administrator then you type in "sfc /scannow" and that should sort it out. Or open notepad and type it in and save it as a .bat file and then right click an do run as administrator

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 release preview
hi all I'm new to the forum and I know this thread is old but maybe I might help. I encountered an issue with pc settings that baffled me to the core. I have a custom built machine with raid setup one 2TB and one 60GB SSD. My windows 8 installation. came with a profile called User (which I found to be very strange) and I kept getting an error "there's a problem with pc settings.....a refresh might help fix the issue" when I tried opening the app. I tried everything even refresh but that never worked as my drives were locked (I think due to the raid configs). Finally as a last ditch effort I opened control panel and tried to open it from there with no progress.

After a short prayer it came to me that I can change the user name of the account so I did. Curiously when I clicked the pc setting button accidentally seconds after changing the name ..IT OPENED.. I don't know if this will help but it's worth a try. Good luck

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 & 7
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
I'm having so many issues. I need those shortcut files desperately. I deleted them thinking they were shortcuts and it would be okay. I was wrong. Does anyone know where I can download the files or if anyone can please please please send me the files. I would be forever grateful!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
Same problem

I am running Windows 8.1 Single Language on my laptop. i also have the same problem. i looked for the pcsettings.ink store.ink and remote desktop connection.ink i only found the store and the remote desktop connection. i had just downloaded rocket dock and i was trying to create a pc settings shortcut in the dock. So i went to where the store and stuff was, took the pc settings.ink and dragged it to the dock. Later when i clicked the icon, it said an error had occured and that the file path couldn't be specified so i removed the icon and emptied my recycle bin. Is it possible that i deleted the .ink file. If so is there a way to get it back??? please help. REPLY ASAP. Im running the sfc scan now

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Single Language
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer Aspire/V5 471P 3321
    CPU
    Intel i3 Core 3217U
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000