Why everybody are using windows 8.1?

AS a Techgeekhead, I always want The Latest. But I also want The Greatest. Windows 8.1 is not The Greatest, not by a longshot. I like 8, I'll keep it until the real 8.1 shows up. Then I'll make a unilateral decision based on what I find.
As do I, but to be honest, I haven't ran into a SINGLE issue with Windows 8.1 Beta. My friend Chris, who works for Microsoft, has been running it since Alpha version. I'm a major anti-bug guy, and submit anything I can replicate when I have the time. Like I said, I haven't found anything massively wrong. Occasionally I have an issue with my start panel being a second or two slow, but I've accounted for that already.

In my opinion, this was like going from 98SE to 2000. Windows 8 isn't liked due to its massive change in UI, but I liked the change, shows that Microsoft still has some balls, and isn't stuck in a rut.

I'm not brave enought to try anything still in BETA.. I'll be awating the full release in October 2013,
then I'll give them time to work more bugs out before I will actually up-date to 8.1 for my Windows 8, laptop.

LadyPink, You shouldn't be afraid of BETA Products. Its the alpha, and the Initials you need to worry about. Microsoft rarely releases Alphas, if ever, and their BETAs are getting much better. As a former employee, I'm slightly offended at your comment, but I understand it. Like I stated previously in my quote above, I haven't found a whole lot of problems. Even though this isn't a full "SP" upgrade, or so I've read, its still by far, one of the better patches/updates they've done. If Microsoft stopped trying to cut corners, and actually work on bugs, and advancing the cores of the UI, they'd have a better product.

I'll always run the latest version of software, because I like to know whats going on with my current version. I'm rather happy with the move from Windows 7, which is by far too "plain" for myself, to Windows 8. I'm very intrigued with it. I want to hack/mod the crap out of it. I think there are a lot of new features Microsoft should incorporate into their operating systems.

I firmly believe Microsoft needs to release a SPECIFIC version of Microsoft for a Techie/Geek Modder/UI Enthusiasts, simply so we can tweak the performance. But thats just my b*tchin' for the day :p

Edit:

Hands On with Windows 8.1: Microsoft's 'do-over' OS is loaded with features | PCWorld

Deep inside Windows 8.1's hidden new features | PCWorld

Check these out, and read up on it. :)

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit
    CPU
    Intel Q9400 2.66Ghz
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte P43T-ES3G
    Memory
    G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVidia GeForce 560
    Sound Card
    On-Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Acer 21.5" Widescreen
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    160GB WD
    WD Caviar Black 640GB
    WD 500GB
    WD 1TB
    WD 1TB
    PSU
    OCZ GameXStream 600W
    Case
    Sunbeam Transformer Black
    Cooling
    Fan
    Keyboard
    Logitech G15 Keyboard (Original)
    Mouse
    Logitech MX518
    Internet Speed
    Fiber Optic
Sorry you were offeneded.. that wasn't my intention, :eek:, I was only stating , where I was coming from, with the new version.
You understand these things much better than I ever will, since you work with these new systems.
I have to rely on what I can do with what I have learned, which is quite limited.
Thanks for your kind reply.:)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 - 64 bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer 7540-1284.(Special pkg made for HSN )
    CPU
    Processor:Intel- B960
    Memory
    3GB Memory , 320 GH HDD
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics -ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3 HD+LED LCO
    Hard Drives
    M300 ( 2.0 GHz,1MB L2 Cache)
    320 GH HHD

Up to 1407 MB HyperMemory
    Case
    Laptop 17.3" HD+ LED LCD
    Keyboard
    Full size keyboard plus number pad( 5 full rows of keys )
    Mouse
    Touch pad..( I have a portable mouse I use )
    Internet Speed
    I don't know
    Browser
    I E 10, Chrome
    Antivirus
    Avast
    Other Info
    DVD Super Multi DL drive

Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n

6 cell Li-ion battery

plus a lot more ...I do NOT need
I tried 8.1, for my computer and hardware it was really buggy and gave me a lot of problems which surprised me since I had great luck with Windows 7 Beta and Windows 8 CP. I am just hoping with the final release to is stable and my machine will play nice with it.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Sager NP2740
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 4702HQ 2.2 GHz
    Motherboard
    W740SU
    Memory
    8 GB 1600 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Iris Pro 5200
    Sound Card
    High Defenition Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    IPS Display
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250 GB mSATA
    Internet Speed
    60 Mbps cable, NETGEAR Night Hawk AC1900
    Browser
    Firefox 38.0.5
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender & Malwarebytes Pro
I tried 8.1, for my computer and hardware it was really buggy and gave me a lot of problems which surprised me since I had great luck with Windows 7 Beta and Windows 8 CP. I am just hoping with the final release to is stable and my machine will play nice with it.

This is what I'm hoping for as well.. Good luck , I think it comes out in Oct, 2013:thumbsup:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 - 64 bit
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Acer 7540-1284.(Special pkg made for HSN )
    CPU
    Processor:Intel- B960
    Memory
    3GB Memory , 320 GH HDD
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel HD Graphics -ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics
    Monitor(s) Displays
    17.3 HD+LED LCO
    Hard Drives
    M300 ( 2.0 GHz,1MB L2 Cache)
    320 GH HHD

Up to 1407 MB HyperMemory
    Case
    Laptop 17.3" HD+ LED LCD
    Keyboard
    Full size keyboard plus number pad( 5 full rows of keys )
    Mouse
    Touch pad..( I have a portable mouse I use )
    Internet Speed
    I don't know
    Browser
    I E 10, Chrome
    Antivirus
    Avast
    Other Info
    DVD Super Multi DL drive

Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n

6 cell Li-ion battery

plus a lot more ...I do NOT need
Back