Why don't I get a Windows 8.1 Update in store?

What happens if you try this...?

Use the Upgrade Assistant and run it. This is the UK site; you may need to change it to the equivalent for your country.
Upgrade Assistant: FAQ - Microsoft Windows Help

If you're lucky, the Upgrade Assistant will say you can't buy it but download it from the Store, at which point I think it will show you a "Go to the store" link which will take you to the correct Windows Store page.

I'm in the USA.
Here is what I get at your link:

Untitled.png

I click the link at the bottom & get this:

Untitled2.png

Before I did this there was no link to 8.1 Pro in the store.
Now there is this:

Untitled3.png

I just thought I would pass on this information.
I hope it is helpful.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Gateway
    CPU
    AMD K140 Cores 2 Threads 2 Name AMD K140 Package Socket FT1 BGA Technology 40nm
    Motherboard
    Manufacturer Gateway Model SX2110G (P0)
    Memory
    Type DDR3 Size 8192 MBytes DRAM Frequency 532.3 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
    Sound Card
    AMD High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio USB Audio Device
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Name 1950W on AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x76
    Screen Resolution
    Current Resolution 1366x768 pixels Work Resolution 1366x768 pixels
    Hard Drives
    AMD K140
    Cores 2
    Threads 2
    Name AMD K140
    Package Socket FT1 BGA
    Technology 40nm
    Specification AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    Family F
    Extended Family 14
    Model 2
    Extended Model 2
    Stepping 0
    Revision ON-C0
    Instruction
    Browser
    Opera 24.0
    Antivirus
    Avast Internet Security
Even tried this. When i click go to store in upgrade assistant it takes me to store but i still cannot find that download windows tile.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93Ghz@3.5Ghz
    Motherboard
    BIOSTAR G31M
    Memory
    4GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 1024 MB
    Sound Card
    Via HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG W1943C
    Screen Resolution
    1360x768
    Hard Drives
    1 x 500 GB HDD (ST3500418AS)
    PSU
    Intex 500 Watts
    Case
    Intex Ripple
    Cooling
    Conventional
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Dell MS 111
    Internet Speed
    512 kbps Downstream, 320 kbps Upstream
    Browser
    Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
Hello, got an oem 8 laptop I may upgrade sometime in the future, the 8.1 Store 'Update for free' did not show until after a shutdown\restart, then immediately opening Store. Maybe worth trying. Good luck.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    W8.1, W7
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP \ Toshiba \ Lenovo \ Dell E7440
    Browser
    FF
No guys, nothing is working! I tried everything you all said but the store still won't let me download windows 8.1.
Can I get an ISO from somewhere... And if I get, will my current windows 8 product key work?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93Ghz@3.5Ghz
    Motherboard
    BIOSTAR G31M
    Memory
    4GB DDR2
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 1024 MB
    Sound Card
    Via HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    LG W1943C
    Screen Resolution
    1360x768
    Hard Drives
    1 x 500 GB HDD (ST3500418AS)
    PSU
    Intex 500 Watts
    Case
    Intex Ripple
    Cooling
    Conventional
    Keyboard
    Logitech
    Mouse
    Dell MS 111
    Internet Speed
    512 kbps Downstream, 320 kbps Upstream
    Browser
    Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 10
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
How much free space does your system volume have (C:)? The update will not show up in the Store, if you do not have enough free space.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win8.1
Okay now, today is October 18th and I've not got a Windows 8.1 update in store yet. I've Installed all the updates that were available for windows, restarted my PC several times but I still don't get it. What could be the reason and how do I get it?

check out following steps:
1. An update "KB2871389" is required to update to Windows 8.1, so make sure this update is installed in your Windows 8 system.
To check it, open Windows Update from Control Panel or Start Screen and check for new updates. If the update has not been installed in your system yet, Windows Update will automatically detect and download it.
Alternatively, you can direct download and install the update using following links:

Once the update is installed successfully in your system, repeat the above mentioned steps to upgrade to Windows 8.1 through Windows Store. Now it should work without any problem.
NOTE: If after installing the above mentioned update still you can't find "Windows 8.1 update" tile in Windows Store, try to launch the Windows 8.1 update page directly by executing following command from Command Prompt or RUN dialog box:
ms-windows-store:WindowsUpgrade
It'll directly launch Windows 8.1 update page in Windows Store.
PS: Also keep in mind that Windows 8 Enterprise edition, Windows 8 installed using KMS activation and Windows 8 installed using MSDN ISO and activated using product key which allows multiple activation, can't be upgraded to Windows 8.1 using Windows Store.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro (Activated)
I had the same problem with one of my PC's. The one that had Media Center installed on it.

I just went around it by going to the Microsoft website and there I clicked on their offer to download the upgrade. After this, my PC opened the Windows Store and I got the screen to download the Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.

Because of the Homegroup/Sleep problems, I eventually had to put my Windows 8 image back to reinstall Windows 8.1 again, and I again had to do it like this. For some reason, the automatic download option in the store doesn't show up for the people who have Media Center installed. Probably because of the Media Center product key that is installed in those systems.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 32/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
For some reason, the automatic download option in the store doesn't show up for the people who have Media Center installed. Probably because of the Media Center product key that is installed in those systems.
I've seen the Windows 8.1 update advertised in the Windows Store on a laptop with Media Center installed; so it does work in some cases.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
For some reason, the automatic download option in the store doesn't show up for the people who have Media Center installed. Probably because of the Media Center product key that is installed in those systems.
I've seen the Windows 8.1 update advertised in the Windows Store on a laptop with Media Center installed; so it does work in some cases.

Hmm, okay. All my friends with Media Center on their PC didn't see the automatic download in the store. So, that's why I thought this could be it. We all had a free MC key from Microsoft. Could it be this? Maybe... ? ;)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 Pro 32/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
Hmm, okay. All my friends with Media Center on their PC didn't see the automatic download in the store. So, that's why I thought this could be it. We all had a free MC key from Microsoft. Could it be this? Maybe... ? ;)
Mine was a free MC key too - I upgraded the PC during the time when that offer was on.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1, 10
Despite installing all updates the 8.1 upgrade would not appear in the apps store. I downloaded the relevant update manually using the link Anish Mehta provided above. That worked as the upgrade then appeared in the app store. The upgrade installed successfully but a word of warning: it takes about two hours so don't run it too late at night as I did.
Fitz

My Computer

System One

• OS
    windows 8
    Computer type
    Laptop
    HP Pavillion
Back