"Waking" from Sleep Reboots System

Not to speak down, as it's not my intention - but I've even received p.m. on here pointing to this thread saying to the effect of "some are just tooooo difficult to help."

Just for (helpful) information: I'm a systems stability expert. You'd have to search long and hard to find equal help about making the system as best it can be and without issue, too. In my honest opinion, it's a mistake on your part to avoid what should have been done after my fist post in this thread.

Best of luck with everything.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz socket 775, Presler @ ~ 3.2 GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Hyundai 2 GB DDR2 @ 333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS DirectCU II HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5 Radeon HD 7790 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Hard Drives
    1 Seagate Barracuda SATA II system/boot drive 80 GB, 2 Western Digital hdds - 1 is SATA II Caviar Black 1 TB attached to card (assorted media, page, temp), other is SATA I 420 GB (games, media, downloads)
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    stock Gateway cooling, extra large fan in rear of case
    Keyboard
    Alienware/Microsoft Internet kb
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Optimum Online, fast for US
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky integrated into ZoneAlarm+Antivirus
Not to speak down, as it's not my intention - but I've even received p.m. on here pointing to this thread saying to the effect of "some are just tooooo difficult to help."

Just for (helpful) information: I'm a systems stability expert. You'd have to search long and hard to find equal help about making the system as best it can be and without issue, too. In my honest opinion, it's a mistake on your part to avoid what should have been done after my fist post in this thread.

Best of luck with everything.

well, all you did in that first post was point to something about Blue Screen Of Death, at this point I have not experienced any BSOD. I do not doubt your expertise but the main reason why pretty much anyone would come on here to ask for help is because we aren't exactly the best equipped to handle computer problems ourselves, or at least can't handle it entirely by ourselves - some less so than others. But everyone has a curve for learning.

By simply leaving a hyperlink there, you really did not do much to help at all, if not adding to the confusion/frustration of this problem. I am not trying to scold you or anything as I understand you're not exactly paid to do this in Microsoft's name on here or something (right?), but perhaps being more guiding in your approach to helping people may prove better for all of us?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 3537
    CPU
    i7 4500u
    Memory
    8GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    AMD Radeon 8850m
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    1TB 5400rpm
Wow, if there is such as fail, you have accomplished it in grandiose form. It's like winning Darwin award.

I still have no problems helping you out (at the risk of possibly feeding trolls) if somehow you can fire enough synapses to press the "Grab All" button then attach the results. I promise, it's much easier to do and takes less mental fatigue than posting gibberish.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Self-built Intel based
    CPU
    Pentium D 925 3.0 GHz socket 775, Presler @ ~ 3.2 GHz
    Motherboard
    Intel DQ965MT
    Memory
    Hyundai 2 GB DDR2 @ 333 MHz
    Graphics Card(s)
    ASUS DirectCU II HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5 Radeon HD 7790 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    Sound Card
    MOTU Traveler firewire interface
    Hard Drives
    1 Seagate Barracuda SATA II system/boot drive 80 GB, 2 Western Digital hdds - 1 is SATA II Caviar Black 1 TB attached to card (assorted media, page, temp), other is SATA I 420 GB (games, media, downloads)
    PSU
    Thermaltake 450W
    Cooling
    stock Gateway cooling, extra large fan in rear of case
    Keyboard
    Alienware/Microsoft Internet kb
    Mouse
    Logitech M510
    Internet Speed
    Optimum Online, fast for US
    Browser
    Pale Moon
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky integrated into ZoneAlarm+Antivirus
how did u exactly do it?? dint get u?

ok I seem to have solved it, I'll Mark this as Solved soon once I am certain that the issue is gone

basically what happened was my computer got the 'refresh windows' treatment (don't ask why, please, its a long story)
but what this did was basically returned everything to 'stock' drivers and tada - the problem seems to have disappeared.

In otherwords, absolutely NO UPDATES are needed to fix it, in fact, the more updates I did, including the Dell drivers offered by their site, the more complicated the problem became, eventually giving me black screens of doom. Just have to roll with what comes with the 'stock' system.

However this does decrease gaming performance noticeably, which is very unfortunate. Although not as much as say, playing on the Intel GPU does, its still quite the hit... farrrrr from ideal, I'm not sure if this then is considered "solved"?

how did u do it dint get u..?? please help me. and i am even having issue with the AMD catalyst if some one can help/??

My Computer

System One

• OS
how did u exactly do it?? dint get u?

how did u do it.? i dint get it.? i am having some problem with amd catalyst if someone can help me wold be gud? thankyou.

My Computer

System One

• OS
Please complete your system specs and open a new thread describing in as much detail as you can the problem you are having.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro Prieview x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    MacBook Pro Core2Duo
    CPU
    T7600
    Memory
    Graphics Card(s)
    ATI Radeon X1600
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Internal
    Screen Resolution
    1440 x 800
    Hard Drives
    40GB
    Keyboard
    Apple
    Mouse
    Apple
    Internet Speed
    Varies
    Browser
    Various
    Antivirus
    Defender
Basically I didn't 'solve' my problem

I did a factory reset of my computer and the sleep problem went away, but the 8850 GPU remains unused, (I can't play games at a decent FPS on this machine, its using the Intel graphics instead), and the GPU driver sometimes crashes - but its useable and thats what i need right now

the folks on the dell support forum seemed to have go something figured out, although I haven't had the time to try their solution(s) yet, I'm just way to busy at the moment

Radeon 8870m - Laptop Video Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

good luck

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 3537
    CPU
    i7 4500u