Valid CD Key not working for Activation of Win 8

Riverr

So I've been trying to validate my copy of win 8. I've contacted Microsoft many times in the last few days, followed all their instructions and even had remote assistance, but to no avail.

So the story is this. I was running win 8.0, then upgraded to 8.1. I decided i wanted to reformat my PC, it was getting full of junk. So i made win 8.1 recovery options, and went ahead and reformatted. I then tried to use my product key into Win 8.1, and it didn't work. After contacting Microsoft, they confirmed my key was valid for 8.0 OEM only, and i had to install that version and then put my product key in.
... It was quite difficult to find a way to install Win 8.0 when they don't give you recovery options for this anywhere, but after a lot of searching and asking people i knew who may have copies, i found a way. So now that my key works in win 8.0, and i'm running 8.0 i thought my quest was over, that i was done. Unfortunately it isn't.
When i tried to enter my key it says "This key isn't valid, please try again or enter a different key" Prior to this it used to tell me that i needed a different version of windows. I have confirmed with Microsoft various times that my key is valid. After entering it myself didn't work, i phone Microsoft who (after validating the key again) decided remote access was necessary to solve my problem. I allowed him this access... and after almost an hour of doing nothing he wrote this to me:
1:37 PM Bhanuj: Sir please call on 866-425-8809 windows department
1:37 PM Bhanuj: as your windows is showing errors during activation
1:38 PM Bhanuj: thankyou for choosing microsoft
1:38 PM Bhanuj has ended the session.
1:38 PM Remote Control by Bhanuj stopped.
My windows is showing errors during activation... NO rubbish. That's why i called you. Just ended the session like that, and gave me a phone number that doesn't work in my country. Thanks for the help Microsoft.

Now i've been very patient up until this point, trying to assist anyway i can in phone communications... even putting on my happy voice.. but there's only so much you can get ****ed around with. After days of messing around, all I've found out is that i have a valid product key, but no, i can't use it.

What do i do?

My Computer

System One

• OS
if you are being asked to input a product key during setup > you are re-installing the WRONG edition of windows..
Home, Pro, Single Langauge, Bing
all use a specific product key...

download and run this program > to find Key and Windows edition
Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 3.1 > Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell XPS 8700